Violence Against Women Act.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:06 PM
n/a

Default Violence Against Women Act.

Valerie Jarrett: Just Plain Wrong: House Republican Bill Undermines the Violence Against Women Act

I am very sceptical about what a member of Obama's administration says about what Republicans are doing with this Act in the House. Anyone have any more insight? The news said that the Republicans say that these protections are already there. Then why are the Democrats making a fuss?
Old 05-16-2012, 04:37 PM
n/a

The article is extremely short on what specifically the author of the article is disturbed about. It's all generalities and no substance.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:23 PM
n/a

Obama has commissioned the Housewives of New Jersey to look into this matter
Old 05-16-2012, 05:37 PM
n/a

The Dems have been doing this stuff for the last year or so, they add to bills to MAKE the Republicans vote against it....actually pretty smart as they did with the college loan bill.

The existing act which has ALWAYS been passed by both parties for years...now the Dems have added protection for illegal immigrants, and indian tribes (which appears to be unconstitutional anyway) and those in same sex marriages, but anyway, this is NOT the bill for the Republicans to stand up on because all you here now is the Dems saying the Reps voted against the Violence against women act which is not true as stated.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:56 AM
n/a

So, is it that the GOP believes that if the women in groups such as illegal immigrants, and Indian tribes are not to be given any protection against violence in this country.

We step into countries outside the United States to help with this kind of violence against women, but the GOP say don't intervene right here in the USA.

I don't care if it is on the north bank or the south back of the Rio Grandee, violence against women is wrong. If the GOP does not stop acting like idiots, WE are going to loose this election.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:18 AM
n/a

Default These have some more information.

House passes Violence Against Women Act, grudgingly - CSMonitor.com

The House

Violence Against Women Act becomes latest immigration battleground - latimes.com

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) « National Domestic Violence Hotline

House Passes Violence Against Women Act That Leaves Out LGBT, Immigrant Protections

I agree with Villager II this is the wrong issue to play politics with as violence against anyone is wrong be the survivors/victims gay, lesbian, undocumented, transgender, or whatever.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villager II View Post
So, is it that the GOP believes that if the women in groups such as illegal immigrants, and Indian tribes are not to be given any protection against violence in this country.

We step into countries outside the United States to help with this kind of violence against women, but the GOP say don't intervene right here in the USA.

I don't care if it is on the north bank or the south back of the Rio Grandee, violence against women is wrong. If the GOP does not stop acting like idiots, WE are going to loose this election.
i must admit that i am in a bit of a quandry after reading a number of articles on this issue. none of them seem to share the same interpretations as are presented here. so i am gonna ask here...is it not redundant to specifically enumerate the categories of 'illegal immigrants' and 'indian tribes'? is there a reason these categogies are not women? is it then discriminatory not to enumerate other categories of women, white, anglo-saxon, irish, german, jewish, yada, yada, yada.

WOMEN ARE WOMEN regardless of what other tag you wish to assign to them!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 AM
n/a

It's all political posturing and anybody who thinks otherwise is disingenuous, or incredibly naive.

The Democrats know the MSM will parrot their political points as if any real facts backed up the political ploy, and the sheeple will by and large miss the point.........again.

The MSM (lamestream media) is the true enemy of the truth here, in their assigned role as an integral component of the Democrat Party.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:43 AM
n/a

There is a scam involved in this also.

If an illegal immigrant woman claims abuse from her husband and testifies against him, she GETS RESIDENCY as a part of the act. It is being used to become "legal"

That is one of the reasons the Republicans are anti and one of the reasons the Dems want it spelled out.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
i must admit that i am in a bit of a quandry after reading a number of articles on this issue. none of them seem to share the same interpretations as are presented here. so i am gonna ask here...is it not redundant to specifically enumerate the categories of 'illegal immigrants' and 'indian tribes'? is there a reason these categogies are not women? is it then discriminatory not to enumerate other categories of women, white, anglo-saxon, irish, german, jewish, yada, yada, yada.

WOMEN ARE WOMEN regardless of what other tag you wish to assign to them!
There are probable loopholes that a defense lawyer could use which the rewritten VAWA act hopes to close. Critics say gays, Native Americans, immigrants unprotected in House's domestic violence bill - Politics Wires - MiamiHerald.com
Old 05-17-2012, 02:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
There are probable loopholes that a defense lawyer could use which the rewritten VAWA act hopes to close. Critics say gays, Native Americans, immigrants unprotected in House's domestic violence bill - Politics Wires - MiamiHerald.com
"Native" Americans can't have it both ways. They cannot claim to be separate nations within our borders and then claim protections under our constitution while on these separate lands.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
"Native" Americans can't have it both ways. They cannot claim to be separate nations within our borders and then claim protections under our constitution while on these separate lands.
i gotta agree with richielion on that one. IF there are loopholes - CLOSE THEM - do not start creating special interest groups. right?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
i gotta agree with richielion on that one. IF there are loopholes - CLOSE THEM - do not start creating special interest groups. right?
PLUS.....Illegal immigrants are using this law to get citizenship...another scam !!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.