"A Vision for Black Lives, policy demands for black power, freedom, and justice

Old 08-02-2016, 08:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
White people? We all know they can't do much on their own. Look around the proof is everywhere.

Want to be treated as equal...act equal...BE equal...otherwise, it's just a farce.
They should begin by attending school actually trying to get even a basic education and stop worshiping " The Thug Life " as a central focus of their culture .

Young inner city / urban Black Teens act like animals .

In the " Rust Belt " cities the City High Schools have absenteeism every single day of about 50% .

Few can even read when they " graduate ' speaking of those that do hang around to see that day .

How do I know this ? Because I was involved in setting up and operating a K-8th Charter School . My company asked to take over the very worse K-8th in the City .

The teachers union threatened to go on strike if the School Board gave their approval but we prevailed . WE plowed millions into the school .

We offered programs year round and even 6 days a week . WE served a hot breakfast each morning and healthy lunches .
Many of these kids had Mothers who were drug addicts .
It was difficult to overcome their home environment .
My former employer has been at this now for over 20 years .
Not every kid went on to college but many did and pretty much all of them graduated from High School . We followed up on how they were doing once they completed 8th grade .
We also ran tutoring classes for our former students to help them in high school .
We also did out best to try to make the neighborhood a safer place to live for our kids .
We hired private security to drive out the drug dealers . We ran GED Classes for their parents . We tried to improve the housing stock .

We also hired a team from the School of Education at Columbia University to provide input , guidance and to evaluate our student progress and also the quality of our teachers .

The real proof came when every single grade level achieved scores comparable with the better suburban schools on the standardized tests . It took almost 10 years to get that result but it was worth it and has stayed consistent .

So what did the Teachers Union do after that 10 years they launched a law suit saying that it was discriminatory to have such a school operating within the City Public School System .

We prevailed but it was a major legal battle and the company I worked for funded the entire cost of this grand experiment .

It was the concept of our Chairman who wanted to prove that urban schools could be improved with unique public and private partnerships .

He plowed in a lot of his own money as well .
By the way --- he is one of those life long evil Republicans that we keep reading about on this site .

NOW ENTER CNM WITH HIS SMART AXX MOUTH ...........
Old 08-02-2016, 08:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Hypocrite

You on the other hand, are just as bad in your own way. You are as agitating as a troll and can't debate an issue without getting personal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNM
And you're lying.

I simply give what I get.

In fact, I'll even do a little experiment.

What I will do (for a while), is simply keep track of the personal attacks directed toward me...without responding in kind.

Not that you have the integrity, honesty or ethics to ever admit that I was right, but at least we'll both know...now won't we? <smug emoji inserted here>

CNM
Old 08-02-2016, 08:26 PM
n/a

Quote:

CNM
CNM : Just like the boys at Enron -- The smartest guy on this site !
Old 08-02-2016, 08:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
They should begin by attending school actually trying to get even a basic education and stop worshiping " The Thug Life " as a central focus of their culture .

Young inner city / urban Black Teens act like animals .

In the " Rust Belt " cities the City High Schools have absenteeism every single day of about 50% .

Few can even read when they " graduate ' speaking of those that do hang around to see that day .

How do I know this ? Because I was involved in setting up and operating a K-8th Charter School . My company asked to take over the very worse K-8th in the City .

The teachers union threatened to go on strike if the School Board gave their approval but we prevailed . WE plowed millions into the school .

We offered programs year round and even 6 days a week . WE served a hot breakfast each morning and healthy lunches .
Many of these kids had Mothers who were drug addicts .
It was difficult to overcome their home environment .
My former employer has been at this now for over 20 years .
Not every kid went on to college but many did and pretty much all of them graduated from High School . We followed up on how they were doing once they completed 8th grade .
We also ran tutoring classes for our former students to help them in high school .
We also did out best to try to make the neighborhood a safer place to live for our kids .
We hired private security to drive out the drug dealers . We ran GED Classes for their parents . We tried to improve the housing stock .

We also hired a team from the School of Education at Columbia University to provide input , guidance and to evaluate our student progress and also the quality of our teachers .

The real proof came when every single grade level achieved scores comparable with the better suburban schools on the standardized tests . It took almost 10 years to get that result but it was worth it and has stayed consistent .

So what did the Teachers Union do after that 10 years they launched a law suit saying that it was discriminatory to have such a school operating within the City Public School System .

We prevailed but it was a major legal battle and the company I worked for funded the entire cost of this grand experiment .

It was the concept of our Chairman who wanted to prove that urban schools could be improved with unique public and private partnerships .

He plowed in a lot of his own money as well .
By the way --- he is one of those life long evil Republicans that we keep reading about on this site .

That's a lot to be proud of and must be well documented. I want to read about that school district. Where and when did this occur?
Old 08-02-2016, 10:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
That's a lot to be proud of and must be well documented. I want to read about that school district. Where and when did this occur?
IF it's true at all. It's probably handpicked students and it's WAY too costly to give the individual attention these kids NEEDED to get "comparable" grades. They DIDN'T get BETTER grades or even EQUAL grades. Even with all this individualized instruction, they were STILL below the white kids. Give the white kids that kind of advantage and they'd blow those black kids out of the water.

They NEED "affirmative action, EXTRA help, to even come close. We're NOT equal. We need to stop pretending we are, it's destroying the country.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
IF it's true at all. It's probably handpicked students and it's WAY too costly to give the individual attention these kids NEEDED to get "comparable" grades. They DIDN'T get BETTER grades or even EQUAL grades. Even with all this individualized instruction, they were STILL below the white kids. Give the white kids that kind of advantage and they'd blow those black kids out of the water.

They NEED "affirmative action, EXTRA help, to even come close. We're NOT equal. We need to stop pretending we are, it's destroying the country.
We asked for a neighborhood school which had the poorest achievement tests in the City School District .
There was no special selection of students we began with the same student body from the neighborhood . We began with the same teachers that were assigned to the school .
The kids DID eventually achieve as high as a number of the suburban and rural schools within the County . They achieved higher than several but NO they Did Not achieve as high the Best
schools and no one expected that we could do so .
YES there was a point of diminishing returns so to speak in that after several years of rising scores they leveled off still much higher than the comparable many schools .
Our Chairman was not seeking notoriety for himself , our company or this experiment . As I understand it the consultants from Columbia University did publish the project in a scholarly journal or two .
Somehow CNN became aware of this story and produced a one hour program . It was originally set to debut on a Sunday evening in mid-September of 2001 ------ however this turned out to be the Sunday right after the 9/11 attacks . So it did not air until around December of that year as I recall .
Also somehow the UN became aware of it and recognized the project with an International Award which was handed out in some city in Turkey .
Our Chairman declined to attend and asked Senator Clinton to accept for him since she also had been invited to the ceremony .
One of my Direct Reports was the liason between our company and the school and he flew to Turkey to accept the award with Ms. Clinton .
It is a real project that happened just as I have shared and continues to this day . By now my former employer has easily invested over $20 Million so it is no small effort . And perhaps not easily replicated .
Old 08-02-2016, 10:36 PM
n/a

Quote:

I am a conservative Republican and the guy who wrote about my experiences with the special urban school project .
I find your stone throwing at every turn to be obnoxious !
You came across as a hard headed SOB ---- you remind me of old city neighborhood Italian guys who had little education and were always quick to run their mouths .
You on one end of the spectrum and and your counterpart CNM on the other end cause me to not longer bother to try to conduct any useful constructive conversation or contribution on this site .
I herby award you and your close friend CNM the official title of :
" SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM " wear it proudly . Over and Out !
Old 08-02-2016, 11:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
I am a conservative Republican and the guy who wrote about my experiences with the special urban school project .
You came across as a hard headed SOB ---- you remind me of old city neighborhood Italian guys who had little education and were always quick to run their mouths .
Finally, at least one person on the right calls out this racist, putrid KKK'er and wannabe Nazi.

Interesting though, that it took criticism of you relating your supposed experience...before you did so.

Very telling.

Quote:
You on one end of the spectrum and and your counterpart CNM on the other end cause me to not longer bother to try to conduct any useful constructive conversation or contribution on this site .
LOL

You're certainly not the smartest guy in the room, as even trying to compare me to the flaming racist and scumbag above...shows everyone that.

CNM

PS. Yeah, the experiment is over. I PROVED (15 times IIRC) that it was unprovoked personal attacks on me first... which precipitates my response.

Like you just did, so thanx for doing your part...in proving me correct.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
I want you to know in my old city Italian neighborhood the guys I grew up with became lawyers, doctors, entrepreneurs and successful businessmen, military generals, successful actors........................... some of whom have graced the cover of popular magazines etc.

I admire what you accomplished and agree whole heartedly with you that charter schools are a very viable opportunity for upward mobility. However I am skeptical that the leadership of Black Lives matters really care. They have a nefarious backing that only means to disrupt. They make claims that they have no entitlement to and exaggerate many of their claims some which actually are delusional

The blame begins with Obama. I say this because he is the first black president. As such with this very powerful position and presence he could have united the nation but he did not. Instead he set a tone , a black victim mentality in every thing h had to say about black issues. He essentially gave the nod/permission to black people to protest in the streets to believe they were right that the man continues to oppress them..... And in that he has shown what a shallow and shortsighted person he really is and worse yet his disdain for America. and yet we find useful idiots who genuflect at his feet

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-03-2016, 06:15 AM
n/a

I agree with the complaint about the racist and the Troll. Both are agitators. But, it's best just to ignore them and try to treat them as disruptive children that interrupt adult conversations. They both seek attention, but will surely go away if we ignore them.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
I agree with the complaint about the racist and the Troll. Both are agitators. But, it's best just to ignore them and try to treat them as disruptive children that interrupt adult conversations. They both seek attention, but will surely go away if we ignore them.
"Troll" = "someone who makes me look ignorant by providing facts and links to back their assertions."

A real 'troll' is someone like yourself, who hides behind the name 'guest' while whining and moaning when they are made to look stupid.

People who like to throw the term 'troll' around, without even understanding its actual meaning...are beneath contempt.

Since you add nothing to this forum (link to a single intelligent, cogent argument you've made that didn't personally attack someone), why don't you slink away back upstairs to where all of your 'friends' are...and where you often get preferential treatment simply because of your high post count?

CNM
Old 08-03-2016, 07:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
"Troll" = "someone who makes me look ignorant by providing facts and links to back their assertions."

A real 'troll' is someone like yourself, who hides behind the name 'guest' while whining and moaning when they are made to look stupid.

People who like to throw the term 'troll' around, without even understanding its actual meaning...are beneath contempt.
Since you add nothing to this forum (link to a single intelligent, cogent argument you've made that didn't personally attack someone), why don't you slink away back upstairs to where all of your 'friends' are...and where you often get preferential treatment simply because of your high post count?

CNM
Ha, ha, ha....hiding behind "guest" when you hide behind your real name....NOT! Ha, ha, ha.

I see you made up your own definition of troll, instead of using the real definition that would describe you to a "T." Ha, ha, ha.

Please withhold your tantrums when no one agrees with you. It's very....unbecoming.

You don't want respect, you want attention. Why don't you and the racist get together sometime?
Old 08-03-2016, 07:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Ha, ha, ha....hiding behind "guest" when you hide behind your real name....NOT! Ha, ha, ha.

I see you made up your own definition of troll, instead of using the real definition that would describe you to a "T." Ha, ha, ha.

Please withhold your tantrums when no one agrees with you. It's very....unbecoming.

You don't want respect, you want attention. Why don't you and the racist get together sometime?

Once again, you have shown everyone that....I'm living in your head rent free.

Or are you so stupid that you don't realize if I were truly only 'seeking attention,' all you have to do is to quit addressing me?

Nahh, that never occurred to you because in reality...you're not very sharp.

The fact that I get so many personal attacks, is simply the result of proving people wrong with actual facts/links, which makes their faces turn purple, their heads feeling like they're in a vise and they just can't control their need to lash out like a petulant two year old....because they're made to look like an idiot (even though most times they are).

YOU...being the perfect example.

CNM
Old 08-03-2016, 07:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
I want you to know in my old city Italian neighborhood the guys I grew up with became lawyers, doctors, entrepreneurs and successful businessmen, military generals, successful actors........................... some of whom have graced the cover of popular magazines etc.

I admire what you accomplished and agree whole heartedly with you that charter schools are a very viable opportunity for upward mobility. However I am skeptical that the leadership of Black Lives matters really care. They have a nefarious backing that only means to disrupt. They make claims that they have no entitlement to and exaggerate many of their claims some which actually are delusional

The blame begins with Obama. I say this because he is the first black president. As such with this very powerful position and presence he could have united the nation but he did not. Instead he set a tone , a black victim mentality in every thing h had to say about black issues. He essentially gave the nod/permission to black people to protest in the streets to believe they were right that the man continues to oppress them..... And in that he has shown what a shallow and shortsighted person he really is and worse yet his disdain for America. and yet we find useful idiots who genuflect at his feet

Personal Best Regards:
What does a useful idiot do for someone?
Old 08-03-2016, 08:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
What does a useful idiot do for someone?
Ask CNM, she's an expert. Oh, you ARE CNM. Didn't recognize you at first.

Tags
black, demands, list, justice, policy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.