Voter Registration Drive by NAACP

Old 05-15-2012, 01:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
google "republican voter fraud" - it will take you weeks to read all the stories of their voter fraud.

Here is just one ........ enjoy !!!!!!

Caught on Tape: Wisconsin Republican Committing Vote Fraud in Assembly
coralway: the article refers to one person and as an isolated event . However I am glad you brought it to my attention because it reinforces my original statement and that is the integrity of our election system is in jeopardy and as Americans we need to let our elected officials we won't tolerate it. Because to let it stands means we have lost our ability to vote because our votes are meaningless

Personal Best Regards
Old 05-15-2012, 02:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi DaleMn: You get a free pass today because you have your hands full dealing with Governor Mark Dayton. My friends tell me it has gotten so bad they want to re-elect Jesse Ventura
Dayton rocks!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:33 PM
n/a

Default Registered Voters

I guess I am in the minority when it comes to anyone or any group that is trying to get more citizens involved in our voting process. I don't think it is a fair representation of what America wants when only approximately 30% of the registered voters vote in an election. That is only the people who are registered, what about the rest of the people who aren't registered. What harm can possibly come out of trying to get more people to vote. The more qualified people who vote in any election, is a better representation of what Americans want. I am fully in favor of voter id and I am fully in favor getting more qualified people registered to vote.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:20 PM
n/a

maybe even a few question test? watch the fire works coming

/
Old 05-15-2012, 07:46 PM
n/a

Default True the Vote

one thing concerned citizens can do is get involved in True the Vote...google them...they exist to check for fraudulent votes and help register legal voters.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by army one View Post
I guess I am in the minority when it comes to anyone or any group that is trying to get more citizens involved in our voting process. I don't think it is a fair representation of what America wants when only approximately 30% of the registered voters vote in an election. That is only the people who are registered, what about the rest of the people who aren't registered. What harm can possibly come out of trying to get more people to vote. The more qualified people who vote in any election, is a better representation of what Americans want. I am fully in favor of voter id and I am fully in favor getting more qualified people registered to vote.

I may be wrong - but I believe I read somewhere that in the 2008 presidential election, 64% of eligible voters voted. The highest turnout in history !!!! And I believe that this November that number will be even higher.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
I may be wrong - but I believe I read somewhere that in the 2008 presidential election, 64% of eligible voters voted. The highest turnout in history !!!! And I believe that this November that number will be even higher.
Not to dispute your numbers but getting to the bottom of my point: It is a shame that only 64% of eligible voters voted. What and where were the other 36%? Using your math only 64% of the registered voters determined the outcome of the 2008 election. IMHO if more eligible Americans were registered to vote and then found their way to the polls, a better representation of what direction this country would take would be the outcome. I don't see the downside of helping eligible Americans register and I don't see the downside of more registered voters actually casting their vote.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 AM
n/a

Personally, I favor the same day registration for voters to be able to register and vote at the same time.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Personally, I favor the same day registration for voters to be able to register and vote at the same time.
I disagree with you on this. It makes it far too easy for people who are not eligible to vote to cast ballots - examples, those who are here illegally and those who have been convicted of a felony. Question - If they do not have to present a picture, government issued id, what prevents these people from going from one voting place to another and voting repeatedly?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:22 AM
n/a

Sure....I plan to vote for Obama at least 1000 in MN this year..... and 1000 times against the voter ID law that will be on the ballot. Would vote more but there is only so much time in a day.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.