It's not really about spending

Old 04-08-2011, 01:37 PM
n/a

Default It's not really about spending

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/08/op...v&ref=homepage
Old 04-08-2011, 02:01 PM
n/a

Default It's not really about the money

The Democrats are better than 6 months post due on reconciling the 2010 budget a practice that is implemented in every budget in every company in America. The Democrats when back and reviewed who gained when the governmnt shutdown in the Carter and clinton Administrations and found that both Carter and Clinton did. So Obama and the Democrats decicde to roll the dice and intentionally create a shutdown on the belief that the Republicans will suffer in 2012. The only problem this time around is that the majority of the nations is fed up with the irresponsible spending. No its not about the money. Its about the money we no longer have
Old 04-08-2011, 02:14 PM
n/a

I don't think your assertions can be proven. I think our political system is corrupted by big business and special interest groups but to shut down the gov't on purpose,I don't see it.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:30 PM
n/a

Default It is all about spending..

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
It is about borrowing $336 million dollars every year, and give it to planned parenthood, and borrowing 1.65 Trillon dollars each year, and spending that too. It is about paying $395 billion dollars a year every year just to pay the interest on the national debt... that is $1300 every year for each person in taxes.. just to pay the INTEREST on the debt.. and since on average there are 3 people in every family, that is $4000 per year just to pay the interest.. and since only half of the families pay taxes at all, that is approximately $8000 per year in taxes just to pay the INTEREST on the national debt..
NOW do you understand how serious this is? Now do you see why were were going into debt so fast now.. and why we have to stop is NOW... do you realize that as the value of the dollar drops.. and it is dropping rapidly because we have been printing trillions to try to pay for all this spending, fewer people want to buy our debt so we recently had to buy 70% of our own debt (print it), because no one wanted it at the interest rate we could afford.
READ UP ON THIS MESS PLEASE!
JJ
Old 04-08-2011, 10:05 PM
n/a

Default If There Was Ever A Reason...

...to throw the whole bunch out and start over, this week tells the tale.

It makes no difference whether they're Democrat or Republican, ultra-conservative, independent or progressive. Our system of government is broken and desperately needs to be fixed.

Maybe the structure of our government is OK--the Constitution, rule of law, one person-one vote, and all. But the people we have put there to function the way our forefathers and the framers of our system of government intended are some combination of incompetent, self-serving, idealogs, demagogs, whatever. And the system we've permitted to develop that lets the person or company or party with the most money run the country for their best interests is NOT democracy!

Maybe a first step before we totally give up on our system of government is to start with an entirely new set of elected representatives, in both the legislative as well as the executive branch. I can't think of any other way.

Sadly, I don't think even that will work.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:24 AM
n/a

Default I agree 100% VK.

All one has to do is look at the backgrounds of those in office to compile a profile of characteristics to not have in the next election.
Negatives for me would be:
if they never had a real job
if they have not demonstrated prior risk taking leadership
if they were independently wealthy
if they are a lawyer

to name a few.

The incumbents are so deep in the pockets of the special interest groups they cannot ever see the needs of we the people.

Until there are term limits and much more stringent iron clad guidelines against lining the individuals or the party's pockets....business will continue as usual.

btk
Old 04-09-2011, 06:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
All one has to do is look at the backgrounds of those in office to compile a profile of characteristics to not have in the next election.
Negatives for me would be:
if they never had a real job
if they have not demonstrated prior risk taking leadership
if they were independently wealthy
if they are a lawyer

to name a few.

The incumbents are so deep in the pockets of the special interest groups they cannot ever see the needs of we the people.

Until there are term limits and much more stringent iron clad guidelines against lining the individuals or the party's pockets....business will continue as usual.

btk
I don't understand why a person who is independently wealthy would be undesirable.

There are some people who work very hard, save and invest wisely, make good decisions, hire and care for other people in their business,and have some just lucky breaks and as a result are very comfortable financially, i.e. independently wealthy...that is an American thing to do. Many people don't steal, goudge, nor defraud to become wealthy...nor inherit it.

I am not trying to argue BTK. I just would like to know why you said that.

You know I respect you.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:59 AM
n/a

Bill,

I just read your criteria. Very interesting to say the least.

May I ask who your favorites would be for President?

I still prefer Mitt Romney as President.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.