The Four Estates

Old 03-24-2016, 03:27 AM
n/a

Default The Four Estates

A poster wrote this in another political thread

The Origin of the American Democratic Party
"Despite the increasingly cutting tension that is growing between the Democrats and Republicans of today, it’s important to remember that our factions sprouted from the same political party and thus, a shared purpose—to create a government that is run for and by its citizens."

What drivel...this is the last sentence. The citizens are the last thing the parties are looking out for.

In the beginning there were Three Estates church, monarchy, commoners
With the advent of the printing press came the Fourth Estate news media.

Advance today and the Three Estates are political class, lobbyist unions
The Fourth Estate news media no longer write the stories they make them up as they go along

The citizens are the last thing the parties are looking out for

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-24-2016, 08:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
A poster wrote this in another political thread

The Origin of the American Democratic Party
"Despite the increasingly cutting tension that is growing between the Democrats and Republicans of today, it’s important to remember that our factions sprouted from the same political party and thus, a shared purpose—to create a government that is run for and by its citizens."

What drivel...this is the last sentence. The citizens are the last thing the parties are looking out for.

With the advent of the printing press came the Fourth Estate news media.

Advance today and the Three Estates are political class, lobbyist unions
The Fourth Estate news media no longer write the stories they make them up as they go along

The citizens are the last thing the parties are looking out for

Personal Best Regards:
Sounds about right.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:49 AM
n/a

What is political class? I know what classes are.
What is a lobbyist union? I know what lobbyists are. Have they all converged?
The media makes up everything? You really believe that? Even baseball scores, election results, mass shootings, everything?

Is this an example of “truthful hyperbole?”
Old 03-24-2016, 03:41 PM
n/a

Quote:

What is political class? I know what classes are.
What is a lobbyist union? I know what lobbyists are. Have they all converged?
The media makes up everything? You really believe that? Even baseball scores, election results, mass shootings, everything?

Is this an example of “truthful hyperbole?”
Dear Guest:

Estate equates to power. So a realistic look at America today we see lobbyist and unions both working the political class to do their bidding .

The news media is predominately liberal and their liberal bias is reflected in their reporting. As such they do not report the news they create it in heir image. As an example a mass shooting isn't about inadequate mental health services its about gun control .

If I am wrong why is it that there is not a celebrated liberal journalist like Woodward or Bernstein aggressively investigating the alleged malfeasance of Hillary Rodham Clinton, allegations need I remind you that pale in comparison to that of Richard Nixon So let me ask you, now is this an example of truthful hyperbole you reference.

Pity the progressives that mirror their leaders spurious attempts at denying and dodging known truths. By the way if you noticed the electorate has finally caught on to these tactics.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-24-2016, 04:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest:

Estate equates to power. So a realistic look at America today we see lobbyist and unions both working the political class to do their bidding .

The news media is predominately liberal and their liberal bias is reflected in their reporting. As such they do not report the news they create it in heir image. As an example a mass shooting isn't about inadequate mental health services its about gun control .

If I am wrong why is it that there is not a celebrated liberal journalist like Woodward or Bernstein aggressively investigating the alleged malfeasance of Hillary Rodham Clinton, allegations need I remind you that pale in comparison to that of Richard Nixon So let me ask you, now is this an example of truthful hyperbole you reference.

Pity the progressives that mirror their leaders spurious attempts at denying and dodging known truths. By the way if you noticed the electorate has finally caught on to these tactics.

Personal Best Regards:
Would you mind if I pick this apart and ask some questions along the way. You'll need to trust my next statement.

I honestly want to learn what I don't know. You make statements and I think you assume we are all on the same page. I truly appreciate the effort you put into your posts. I do learn from you although it's not always obvious. But I will challenge you. It's a process.

I did a little more reading I understand. I didn't think there were that many unions left.

Isn't it about gun control because many feel it's just too easy to get assault weapons. To ask for more hospitals so we catch every mentally ill person is like going over to the mid-east and finding the people that will come over here and terrorize us. It can't be done.

If I am wrong why is it that there is not a celebrated liberal journalist like Woodward or Bernstein aggressively investigating the alleged malfeasance of Hillary Rodham Clinton, allegations

I can't explain that either. You say there is no story there because the media is corrupt. My gut says there is not story there because the evidence is flimsy. I don't want to debate the evidence. I've read a lot about her. If you believe there is a conspiracy I'd like to hear about that instead. That's new information for me. I find it hard to believe the establishment has squashed every new Woodward and Bernstein. The internet and self publishing makes this difficult for me to swalow.

need I remind you that pale in comparison to that of Richard Nixon So let me ask you, now is this an example of truthful hyperbole you reference.

I'm on shaky ground there. I understood that it was a phrase created by Trump. It's like a white lie. Therefore forgivable. But a lie non-the-less.

Please don't lump me in with anyone. I'm just trying to sort this out for myself. I'm not mirroring anyone. I don't pretend to know the truths. I can only guess what you mean about the electorates. No offense meant---but I'm no longer able to figure out what you are saying again.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
Would you mind if I pick this apart and ask some questions along the way. You'll need to trust my next statement.

I honestly want to learn what I don't know. You make statements and I think you assume we are all on the same page. I truly appreciate the effort you put into your posts. I do learn from you although it's not always obvious. But I will challenge you. It's a process.

I did a little more reading I understand. I didn't think there were that many unions left.

Isn't it about gun control because many feel it's just too easy to get assault weapons. To ask for more hospitals so we catch every mentally ill person is like going over to the mid-east and finding the people that will come over here and terrorize us. It can't be done.

If I am wrong why is it that there is not a celebrated liberal journalist like Woodward or Bernstein aggressively investigating the alleged malfeasance of Hillary Rodham Clinton, allegations

I can't explain that either. You say there is no story there because the media is corrupt. My gut says there is not story there because the evidence is flimsy. I don't want to debate the evidence. I've read a lot about her. If you believe there is a conspiracy I'd like to hear about that instead. That's new information for me. I find it hard to believe the establishment has squashed every new Woodward and Bernstein. The internet and self publishing makes this difficult for me to swalow.

need I remind you that pale in comparison to that of Richard Nixon So let me ask you, now is this an example of truthful hyperbole you reference.

I'm on shaky ground there. I understood that it was a phrase created by Trump. It's like a white lie. Therefore forgivable. But a lie non-the-less.

I get it.
I get it
Old 03-25-2016, 06:58 AM
n/a

Take a look at this.
Let me know what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzQYA9Qjsi0
Paul Krugman and Moyer are discussing a best seller written by a French Author.

A new book that’s the talk of academia and the media, Capital in the Twenty-First Century by Thomas Piketty, a 42-year-old who teaches at the Paris School of Economics, shows that two-thirds of America’s increase in income inequality over the past four decades is the result of steep raises given to the country’s highest earners.

I have run into hostile conversations about wealth and entitlement. According to the author but the 2030 the top 1% will be all inherited wealth. I listening to it now.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
Take a look at this.

A new book that’s the talk of academia and the media, Capital in the Twenty-First Century by Thomas Piketty, a 42-year-old who teaches at the Paris School of Economics, shows that two-thirds of America’s increase in income inequality over the past four decades is the result of steep raises given to the country’s highest earners.

I have run into hostile conversations about wealth and entitlement. According to the author by 2030 the top 1% will be all inherited wealth. I listening to it now.
I ad to change my last sentence. People were angry the other day that Chesea will inherit a lot of wealth without earning it. Yet the very same people were angry because I suggested it was wealth envy. This is also a sin in their camp. You cannot envy someone's wealth. The bubble will burst when the group realizes that inherited wealth grows faster than the economy.

The Moyer reports that follow on youtube are well worth watching too.
Fighting the Four Freedoms
Old 03-25-2016, 07:58 AM
n/a

Who cares about who has the money? Make your own wealth. To be jealous of someone inheriting wealth is just stupid. Just because someone else is luckier than you, doesn't meant that you can't be satisfied.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Who cares about who has the money? Make your own wealth. To be jealous of someone inheriting wealth is just stupid. Just because someone else is luckier than you, doesn't meant that you can't be satisfied.
Lust is a terrible mind bender. And it does not care what color or religion or party one is.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Take a look at this.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
Take a look at this.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Lust is a terrible mind bender. And it does not care what color or religion or party one is.
Take a look at this.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Tell that to all the minorities who want to be equal.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Tell that to all the minorities who want to be equal.
Take a look at this.

Tags
citizens, political, estates, fourth, estate, media, news, today, thing, parties, party, church, advent, monarchy, beginning, printing, commoners, lobbyist, personal, make, stories, class, advance, unions, write

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.