What Is Going On Here?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:21 PM
n/a

unbelievable...we are defending Exxon Mobil a company that makes billions yet still recieves subsidies in the multi-millions.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Stop spending, cut taxes and especially capital gains taxes, and enjoy the spurt of business activity with the inevitable rise is government revenue. Worked before, would work again. When you just take money from the producers you stall business activity, and you can see how well that is working.

Stop spending, cutting all non-essential, non-strategic programs to the bone, will slow down our increasing by the hour debt, enabling the introduction of my proposed tax cuts which will spur economic growth and get us off this slide into progressive economic oblivion. Not very hard to understand.
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't we just extend the Bush tax cuts? They were supposed to spur the jobs market. But alas the didn't....imagine that!!
Old 06-26-2011, 07:36 PM
n/a

Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMan View Post
You 'conveniently' choose not to notice the 32 Billion spent on new field development and capital upgrades, an amount four times what was distributed to the stockholders....
No, I wasn't "not noticing" the new field development and capex. But you were complementing XOM on the wonderful results of their R&D expenditures. I was responding to that.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologal View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't we just extend the Bush tax cuts? They were supposed to spur the jobs market. But alas the didn't....imagine that!!
Need more. Cutting of business taxes and cutting of capital gains taxes to spur private investment. Obama could stop spending us into oblivion also, that would definitely help.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:33 AM
n/a

I will go along with cutting business taxes but cutting capitol gains just makes the rich richer and lessons their tax burden even more and no matter what you keep repeating over and over the rich are not using their tax gains to create jobs. The rich are keeping their gains to themselves. You want to continue to give them tax breaks so they accrue more wealth fine,just don't mask it in the bogus they create jobs nonsense. Keep supporting the super wealthy and the corporations, I would rather support the middle class where I am trying to remain.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:48 AM
n/a

Are capital gains taxes still indexed for inflation? That was a lynchpin of one of the previous tax reform bills from years ago.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
I will go along with cutting business taxes but cutting capitol gains just makes the rich richer and lessons their tax burden even more and no matter what you keep repeating over and over the rich are not using their tax gains to create jobs. The rich are keeping their gains to themselves. You want to continue to give them tax breaks so they accrue more wealth fine,just don't mask it in the bogus they create jobs nonsense. Keep supporting the super wealthy and the corporations, I would rather support the middle class where I am trying to remain.
Cutting capital gain taxes motivates people to diversify and divest capital and move it around to try to gain more profit. When capital gains taxes are too high people sit on their assets as it is likely to be unprofitable to "cash in" and move the money to another opportunity. We need to ease the way to prospective higher profits for the producers. It moves the economy. The race to profit is the engine of our economy. You punish the profiteers and you stall growth. When you stall growth.............well, you should get the idea.

Stop the envy and the jealousy about who has what, and lets get those capitalists capitalizing.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Need more. Cutting of business taxes and cutting of capital gains taxes to spur private investment. Obama could stop spending us into oblivion also, that would definitely help.
Heard today it costs 10 billion a year for air-conditioning in Iraq. The costs of 2
now 3 wars, off budget drug benefits and TARP/Stim package. Big spenders anywhere you look. I believe the tax level is at it's lowest in what 30 to 50 years? You going to cut middle class taxes to?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologal View Post
Heard today it costs 10 billion a year for air-conditioning in Iraq. The costs of 2
now 3 wars, off budget drug benefits and TARP/Stim package. Big spenders anywhere you look. I believe the tax level is at it's lowest in what 30 to 50 years? You going to cut middle class taxes to?
You know only about half the people in the country pay federal taxes, right?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
Wayne, There are only a few things you can do with money: (1) you can spend it; (2) you can save it; (3) you can give it away; or (4) you can invest it. Any of these activities creates jobs. What you should never do is just sit on it (stuff it under the mattress, etc). If the rich were to simply keep their gains to themselves, they would not only be dumb, but be losing money. I want more people who can save and invest. The multiplier effect in job creation is higher than either gifting or spending, although both of these have a much more positive effect on our economy than giving it to the government for waste in ideas such as 'green' energy.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
You know only about half the people in the country pay federal taxes, right?
Yes, I understand that some people don't make enough money to pay taxes although they do pay payroll taxes...not INCOME taxes. So if the rich are paying less taxes and you want to cut them even more, corporations are paying less taxes, sometimes NO taxes and the poor don't pay taxes then who is left to pay taxes.

THE MIDDLE CLASS.....which if something doesn't change will join the ranks of the poor.

I fight for the middle class.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.