Who’d a thunk it…

Old 01-19-2010, 10:20 PM
n/a

Default Who’d a thunk it…

Who’d a thunk it…a Republican in Teddy Kennedy’s seat.

Is it a repudiation of:
A) President Obama and his minions,
B) The Healthcare Bill and the vote purchases,
C) Democrats handling of the economy,
D) Reid & Pelosis’ leadership,
E) The Democratic opponent,
F) All of the above?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:27 PM
n/a

A window to November. We're coming for the rest of them in 10 months. This is a state 3 to1 Democrats.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 AM
n/a

I submit that Brown's victory is a single-issue victory. The only positive thing he said was that he opposed the health-care reform bill, as publicized, working it's way through Congress.

There's no argument that people are scared of what the bill entails. It's hard to address it since the bill seems to change every day and is guaranteed to change, yet again, in 'reconciliation' as the House and Senate work out their differences.

HOWEVER - Scott Brown's tenure will be a short one, once health care has been dealt with one way or another IF:

- he doesn't address his opposition to ANY new regulations on banking.

- he doesn't address his cuts to education.

- he doesn't explain just WHO's taxes he wants to cut.

- he doesn't explain WHAT spending he wants to cut. (Remember, Democrats make easy hay from GOP planned cuts ANYWHERE)

I honestly don't think Scott Brown won this election as much as Martha Coakley lost it. I think there are similarities here with reasons why McCain lost - since he was viewed as "more of the same" about economic problems. Now that the focus shifted (rightly or wrongly) to health-care reform, Coakley was viewed as the "rubber stamp" and there was a feeling that something not-so-nice was being rammed down our throats.

Quite frankly, the best thing about this election is that it's OVER and I don't have to watch or listen to the ENDLESS repetition of those AWFUL political ads.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:55 AM
n/a

Default I disagree with your assessment of who won or lost.

Your comments fail to address the fact(s) that.....we the people.... in a 3 to 1 Democratic state for the last half century has chosen the opposition!!!

This is a state Obama carried by over 20%.....no matter how this election is schmoozed over it is a mandate from the people. And yes, for now, we may have to concede it is only the state of Mass......but most Democrats in Washington KNOW it is not just the sentiment of the state of Mass. being demonstrated here. They now have a signal that we the people will make it known they are fed up. As one representative (a Dem by the way), during the day yesterday was asked what he thought about losing in Mass....he commented to the effect, if we can't win in Mass. what can we expect else where???

Exactly the point!!!!!!!!!!!

btk
Old 01-20-2010, 09:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
I submit that Brown's victory is a single-issue victory. The only positive thing he said was that he opposed the health-care reform bill, as publicized, working it's way through Congress.

There's no argument that people are scared of what the bill entails. It's hard to address it since the bill seems to change every day and is guaranteed to change, yet again, in 'reconciliation' as the House and Senate work out their differences.

HOWEVER - Scott Brown's tenure will be a short one, once health care has been dealt with one way or another IF:

- he doesn't address his cuts to education.

- he doesn't explain WHAT spending he wants to cut. (Remember, Democrats make easy hay from GOP planned cuts ANYWHERE)

I honestly don't think Scott Brown won this election as much as Martha Coakley lost it. I think there are similarities here with reasons why McCain lost - since he was viewed as "more of the same" about economic problems. Now that the focus shifted (rightly or wrongly) to health-care reform, Coakley was viewed as the "rubber stamp" and there was a feeling that something not-so-nice was being rammed down our throats.

Quite frankly, the best thing about this election is that it's OVER and I don't have to watch or listen to the ENDLESS repetition of those AWFUL political ads.
You just don't get it or maybe you do?

Democrats interviewed in the bluest of the blue states said they voted for Brown because Obama has gone too far.

The people want their country back.

Yoda
Old 01-20-2010, 09:15 AM
n/a

Default They're still blamimg BUSH

Can't remmember the last time I slept so good. Almost one year to the day.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
I honestly don't think Scott Brown won this election as much as Martha Coakley lost it.
Wishful thinking.

The conversations here will be very interesting in November. I think this health care bill is dead. If they proceed with their tricky little back door maneuvers agains't the will of the people their fate will even be worse.

Obama's numbers continue to drop like a rock along with congress. People are ****ed and clearly recognize the fact that left wing radicles are now in control.

Clearly the American people are going to change that starting with last night. If you think otherwise you are dreaming.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:03 AM
n/a

Default Blaming Coakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post

- he doesn't address his cuts to education this time one of their own.

Trying to blame Coakley for what Obama and the Democrats are responsible for is sour grapes and typical of the Liberal approach of destroying innocent people.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpop1 View Post
Who’d a thunk it…a Republican in Teddy Kennedy’s seat.

Is it a repudiation of:
A) President Obama and his minions,
B) The Healthcare Bill and the vote purchases,
C) Democrats handling of the economy,
D) Reid & Pelosis’ leadership,
E) The Democratic opponent,
F) All of the above?
The people of MA are descended from the original settlers of this great country and they still celebrate the independence of that founding.

They do not like to be told that they do not understand. They do not like to be told that someone else knows better than they do what they need.

The election of Scott Brown is a reflection on their spirit of independence from tyranny. Their courage to go out and vote [in the numbers that did] should be another wake-up call for all who now serve in Washington, DC. The spirit of the Tea Parties whose membership is composed of all political genres has now been felt at the polls and not just at town meetings and demonstrations. The movement cannot be dismissed - the attitude is pervasive; and it is the future of our politics.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.