Why The Assault On Religious Liberty?

Old 04-11-2016, 02:19 PM
n/a

Default Why The Assault On Religious Liberty?

The American founders believed religious freedom so essential to the forming of our Republic that they incorporated it into our First Amendment.

However in today's political climate and ensuing cultural divisions religious liberty/freedom is under constant attack.

The Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) or similar bills incorporated into RFRA have been challenged in Georgia. North Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, Indiana, Missouri not to forget the number of assaults committed by the Obama Administration.

Those opposing religious freedoms/liberty have mounted massive boycott campaigns in these states and have included threats to various corporations to support their demands or face economic retribution These radicals have enlisted the help of celebrities the liberal media and left leaning corporate leaders to peddle misinformed and misleading propaganda.

Yet these very same people promote diversity and inclusion except for people of faith.

The founders understood that religious liberty was essential because all other freedoms flowed from it as intended by God.

If Americans do not fight for the right of religious freedom then we will fall into a secular state and a secular state dictates that rights flow from the state and thus we will be governed by men and not by the rule of law. Anyone not understanding this or placing their selfish needs above this concept sow the seeds of America's destruction.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-11-2016, 02:32 PM
n/a

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

"The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says has been given to all human beings by their Creator, and for which governments are created to protect."

Of the 3, I think the Pursuit of Happiness is most in jeopardy. I think the middle class is not worried about anyone taking away their freedom to worship. They just want to make a decent living and have a chance of pursuing the American dream like their parents and grandparents.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:41 PM
n/a

If you're religious, you've been brainwashed. I mean really, God watches over everything and knows everything...about us? Really?

If anything, we're his dissertation on infectious lifeforms on otherwise pristine planets.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If you're religious, you've been brainwashed. I mean really, God watches over everything and knows everything...about us? Really?

If anything, we're his dissertation on infectious lifeforms on otherwise pristine planets.
I think the conversation is about the freedom to think what you want as you do.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:56 PM
n/a

Religious liberty to libtards means to be liberated from any form of religion that might hamper their deviant lifestyle. They know that they can't be liberal and religious. That would definitely put a stop to their fun, as they know it. The only charity they believe in is take from those that have and give it to those that don't have, as long as they are not included in the taking away part.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:00 PM
n/a

Quote:

Do you have car insurance? Isn't it better to be insured and not need it, than to not be insured and then be screwed when it's too late? I would rather have faith and find out that I was wrong (not going to happen) than to not believe and find out too late. And besides, I have not found one scholar that has been able to give me evidence to disprove my faith. And certainly not a retard on this forum.......
Old 04-11-2016, 03:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Do you have car insurance? Isn't it better to be insured and not need it, than to not be insured and then be screwed when it's too late? I would rather have faith and find out that I was wrong (not going to happen) than to not believe and find out too late. And besides, I have not found one scholar that has been able to give me evidence to disprove my faith. And certainly not a retard on this forum.......
Better retarded than insane...
Old 04-11-2016, 03:11 PM
n/a

I answered on post 2 and 4 . In case you are keeping score. Can you recogmnize my style? See any name calling? See how I am willing to listen to other points of view?
Old 04-11-2016, 04:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
The American founders believed religious freedom so essential to the forming of our Republic that they incorporated it into our First Amendment.

However in today's political climate and ensuing cultural divisions religious liberty/freedom is under constant attack.

The Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) or similar bills incorporated into RFRA have been challenged in Georgia. North Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, Indiana, Missouri not to forget the number of assaults committed by the Obama Administration.

Those opposing religious freedoms/liberty have mounted massive boycott campaigns in these states and have included threats to various corporations to support their demands or face economic retribution These radicals have enlisted the help of celebrities the liberal media and left leaning corporate leaders to peddle misinformed and misleading propaganda.

Yet these very same people promote diversity and inclusion except for people of faith.

The founders understood that religious liberty was essential because all other freedoms flowed from it as intended by God.

If Americans do not fight for the right of religious freedom then we will fall into a secular state and a secular state dictates that rights flow from the state and thus we will be governed by men and not by the rule of law. Anyone not understanding this or placing their selfish needs above this concept sow the seeds of America's destruction.

Personal Best Regards:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I clearly understand this amendment but I also understand how it can be misunderstood.

I am going to use the Private Country example. For many years women, such as myself, were NOT allowed to be a primary member of a Country Club and they were NOT allowed to get a tee time on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. As membership fell over the years Country Clubs looked for other streams of income. So they opened these clubs for public uses for a fee. Think weddings.

Had they remained a PRIVATE club nothing could be done to change the rules. Think Augusta! However, once they opened their doors to accommodate the PUBLIC they were required to treat everyone the same. So that is how I a single women got a primary membership in a country club.

This, of course, went through the court system.

If you are an establishment open to the public you also have to treat everyone the same. You can't say you won't bake a cake for a gay person or a black person or a Muslim.

In my opinion, if these laws go though the Courts they will be struct down.

This is NOT an assault on your religion, if you don't want to bake cakes for a protected class then don't be a PUBLIC company.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

"The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says has been given to all human beings by their Creator, and for which governments are created to protect."

Of the 3, I think the Pursuit of Happiness is most in jeopardy. I think the middle class is not worried about anyone taking away their freedom to worship. They just want to make a decent living and have a chance of pursuing the American dream like their parents and grandparents.
Ask the slaves at the time of the Declaration of Independence if they enjoyed Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:12 PM
n/a

QUOTE=Guest;1211306]The American founders believed religious freedom so essential to the forming of our Republic that they incorporated it into our First Amendment.

Personal Best Regards:[/QUOTE

B.S. Do not try to sound so high and mighty.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:14 PM
n/a

Boy do I miss the IGNORE feature of the original political forum!
Old 04-11-2016, 06:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Ask the slaves at the time of the Declaration of Independence if they enjoyed Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
I don't think they did. I'm not sure they were speaking for women either.
And I wonder if they truly meant everyone was created equally would we have skipped the civil war, spared lives or needed to rebuild the nation.
By now our society would be completely homogeneous too.
What do you think?
[anyone can answer]
Old 04-11-2016, 08:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
I don't think they did. I'm not sure they were speaking for women either.
And I wonder if they truly meant everyone was created equally would we have skipped the civil war, spared lives or needed to rebuild the nation.
By now our society would be completely homogeneous too.
What do you think?
[anyone can answer]
If all men were created equally, why did slaves count only as three fifths of a freeman?

Oh no, here we go with the dreaded revisionist history that the regressives are always talking about!
Old 04-11-2016, 09:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
I doubt they enjoyed Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. I doubt their decedents are enjoying those things today. Assistance programs have not been helping them over the years, just keeping them in the lower social and economic status. Some of the housing projects have 3 generations of families living there in a row, an absolute failure of those programs.

STOCK UP ON AMMO!

Tags
religious, state, freedom, rfra, people, secular, liberty, essential, founders, incorporated, understood, corporate, faith, personal, leaning, destruction, flowed, freedoms, leaders, peddle, propaganda, promote, inclusion, misinformed, diversity

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.