Why are democrats and liberals so upset?

Old 05-02-2017, 08:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I and millions of American disagree. I don't believe that hi supporters are losing confidence in him at all. Millions of us believe that he is doing a great job and is doing exactly what we elected him to do.

If anything, people I talk with are disappointed that he hasn't been able to get these things done fast enough. That the republicans can't all get on the same page and use the power that they have. People I know are very upset over them giving the democrats this horrendous budget that funds every thing that we were promised would get unfunded.

This budget is the disastrous consequences of the party in power not following through on their promises or recognizing why they were put in power. It adds to the debt and takes us in the wrong direction. Unfortunately, it appears that President Trump will sign it. Hopefully this is just part of a long term plan of giving a little and getting a lot in the long run.

I'm sorry to say that we're seeing politics as usual and that concerns about re-election is taking precedence over what they know is best for the country.
I appreciate that we can disagree and I am not hearing about Obama, Clinton or that kind of stuff which is just plain stupid.

The budget is bad and I am also disappointed in the actual numbers for 2017 and the proposals being bandied about for 2018.

Just know, that me personally, it is tough to discuss topics much because you have no idea when the President is telling the truth....it fluctuates, not only in substance but in comparison to the real world. I just wish that topics like the budget and foreign policy were up for discussions, but we have a president, who I realize is adored by millions....actually that is one of the things that scares me most.....adoration and loyalty with no question at all, despite proven lies and accusations FROM the White House.

However, on the budget, how do you see the spending going down at all in 2018. Just weighing the "talk" on budget proposals is staggering in its sheer numbers after hearing so much criticism for 8 years, it appears it might be worse.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
You forgot he was a member of the Illinois Senate and elected to and served in the United States Senate. Those are real facts, and not alternative facts.
You are correct, I did fail to mention that fact.

Just googled Barack Obama's Senate voting record, most of which is furnished by FactCheck and is also a matter of public record, and it is not exactly what you would call "stellar". Missing 70% of the votes and just voting 'present' on especially controversial items does not scream of good representation. These records are reflective of Senate business in or just prior to the election years. There is much stuff there to go through and in all fairness, it was a Democrat controlled Senate, so maybe his votes or lack thereof, didn't or wouldn't make a difference.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
You are correct, I did fail to mention that fact.

Just googled Barack Obama's Senate voting record, most of which is furnished by FactCheck and is also a matter of public record, and it is not exactly what you would call "stellar". Missing 70% of the votes and just voting 'present' on especially controversial items does not scream of good representation. These records are reflective of Senate business in or just prior to the election years. There is much stuff there to go through and in all fairness, it was a Democrat controlled Senate, so maybe his votes or lack thereof, didn't or wouldn't make a difference.
Nevertheless, Obama was elected to the Presidency twice by winning the popular vote of American citizens. I think that really bothers Trump.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Nevertheless, Obama was elected to the Presidency twice by winning the popular vote of American citizens. I think that really bothers Trump.
Obviously not as much as it bothers you that Trump won the presidency, when everyone said he could not win...

Hey sore loser, instead of searching for non stop negative crap about Trump as a person, why don't you spend your time posting some positive stuff about Crooked Hillary?
Old 05-02-2017, 03:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
It matters not that he won the popular vote since he had to have the electoral votes, as well, which he did. That's how it worked then, and that's how it always has and does work.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Obviously not as much as it bothers you that Trump won the presidency, when everyone said he could not win...

Hey sore loser, instead of searching for non stop negative crap about Trump as a person, why don't you spend your time posting some positive stuff about Crooked Hillary?
Now, that will be a challenge.

Let me give it a go.

She failed her promise to NY to create jobs.

She DID author three bills in the senate. Of course, they were do nothing bills.

She was SecState, but that is not really a plus in her case, because she was not very good at that job either. She did lose some Americans while she was sleeping.

She was instrumental in turning over Libya to ISIS. Probably does not brag about that, either.

She broke several felony laws by having her own personal server to do gov business upon, some of it prohibited classified information.

She also made classified information available to uncleared individuals. Another felony, not yet prosecuted.

I'm sorry, but I really can't find anything good to say about Hillary, so I will have to pass this chore onto someone that is blinded by her celebrity status.

Oh, did I mention that she was instrumental in the sale of 20% of the world's uranium to Russia. I wonder if she could have gotten a better deal if she would have consulted with Trump?
Old 05-02-2017, 05:06 PM
n/a

Quote:

I just spend my time in this forum wondering the reaction of all the big mouths if Obama had said 1/3 of what Trump has said about vicious leaders of the world, including his invite to them. Referring to a conversation with North Korea as an "honor".

I can recall the loud shrilling when he bowed to a leader using normal local custom......yet here we are.......it is amazing.

My post is NOT about the right or wrong of the action but the sheer total hypocrisy of you big mouths.

I cringed when Obama embraced Cuba and I am sure you did also, but now we are fine to treat dictators as heroes....simply awesome the hypocrisy.

__________________________________________________ ________________

JOHN ADAMS (1735-1826)
The people "have a right, an indisputable, unalienable, indefeasible, divine right to that most dreaded and envied kind of knowledge-- I mean of the character and conduct of their rulers."

DWIGHT EISENHOWER (1890-1969)
The qualities of a great man are "vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."
Old 05-02-2017, 06:07 PM
n/a

Quote:

OK, if you insist. How about more Americans voted for her for POTUS than any other candidate!
Old 05-02-2017, 06:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mouth Rockface
I just spend my time in this forum wondering the reaction of all the big mouths if Obama had said 1/3 of what Trump has said about vicious leaders of the world, including his invite to them. Referring to a conversation with North Korea as an "honor".

I can recall the loud shrilling when he bowed to a leader using normal local custom......yet here we are.......it is amazing.

My post is NOT about the right or wrong of the action but the sheer total hypocrisy of you big mouths.

I cringed when Obama embraced Cuba and I am sure you did also, but now we are fine to treat dictators as heroes....simply awesome the hypocrisy.

JOHN ADAMS (1735-1826)
The people "have a right, an indisputable, unalienable, indefeasible, divine right to that most dreaded and envied kind of knowledge-- I mean of the character and conduct of their rulers."

The qualities of a great man are "vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."
Possibly the "Honor" is about the chance to converse and negotiate better relations...I suppose you feel doing NOTHING (what Obamma did) would be better?

So, is it John Adams and Dwight Eisenhower...those are the last presidents that lived up to your moral standards??
Old 05-02-2017, 06:40 PM
n/a

Quote:

JOHN ADAMS (1735-1826)

Obama said in a campaign debate that he would sit down and chat with the dictators of N.Korea, Iran, etc. Why is it a big deal when Trump said it?
Old 05-02-2017, 06:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
OK, if you insist. How about more Americans voted for her for POTUS than any other candidate!
And yet, she lost. She lost because she is LAZY. Get over it.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
And yet, she lost. She lost because she is LAZY. Get over it.
Well, thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. I have no intention of getting over it. And according to the Presidential Job Approval Polls for the current occupant of the White House, I'm not alone.

Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval | Gallup
Old 05-03-2017, 06:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Well, thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. I have no intention of getting over it. And according to the Presidential Job Approval Polls for the current occupant of the White House, I'm not alone.

Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval | Gallup
No wonder you lost. You let polls dictate your life. How did that work for you last year?
Old 05-04-2017, 07:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
No wonder you lost. You let polls dictate your life. How did that work for you last year?
Not well at all, thank you for asking, but I'm really looking forward to the next big poll that matters, the 2018 Congressional elections. Brace yourself!
Old 05-04-2017, 08:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Not well at all, thank you for asking, but I'm really looking forward to the next big poll that matters, the 2018 Congressional elections. Brace yourself!
It may just happen...the people on the wrong side...you...are banding together, making a lot of noise...organizing...because you CAN...because "your side" is mostly women and minorities without jobs or responsibilities. The "right side" HAS jobs and responsibilities. The cities are FULL of the unemployed living on welfare...who CAN show up at protests...to get them even MORE free stuff.

Without affirmative action and quotas...where would blacks be today? They had 150 years to become our equals, they've been getting PREFERENTIAL treatment the last 60 years...what HAVE they done? Become MORE of a burden?

Hispanics aren't much better, just different. A Hispanic...Mexican...lets be real here...majority IS coming...within 30 years, the US Census says 2042 THEY become the majority. NONE of you are comprehending the change that WILL occur. Look at the border towns...that IS America's future. They ARE breeding us out.

Soon it will be mostly Hispanics being elected.

Tags
days, golf, president, upset, liberals

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.