BEWARE – Auto Repair Scam (They may approach you too)

Old 06-22-2016, 10:55 AM
n/a

Angry BEWARE – Auto Repair Scam (They may approach you too)

If you have a dent in your car these con artists may approach you in a parking lot and tell you they can repair your car cheap. Don’t do it. They got me and, I later learned, a number of other Village residents. They will want cash. They will do something but do a terrible job. THE POLICE and SENIORS VS. CRIME will do nothing. They do not view it as fraud but as a civil matter complaint about the quality of a job done. You will just be out the money. And the police will not stop these con artists from finding their next Villages victim.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD View Post
If you have a dent in your car these con artists may approach you in a parking lot and tell you they can repair your car cheap. Don’t do it. They got me and, I later learned, a number of other Village residents. They will want cash. They will do something but do a terrible job. THE POLICE and SENIORS VS. CRIME will do nothing. They do not view it as fraud but as a civil matter complaint about the quality of a job done. You will just be out the money. And the police will not stop these con artists from finding their next Villages victim.
am I missing something. You gave money to someone who approached you in a parking lot to pay for a job they had not done yet?

Tags
repair, artists, approach, car, con

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.