American Girl’s Latest ‘Girl of the Year’ Doll Is African-American

Old 01-01-2017, 12:22 PM
n/a

Default American Girl’s Latest ‘Girl of the Year’ Doll Is African-American

What a joke... The changing of America... 3rd world...here we come! It'll only get worse from here as they become the new majority.

The Villages Florida

Listen to this crap they write about a DOLL. They write it like it's a real person...with hopes and dreams:

"Gabriela is a spoken word artist and dancer who uses poetry to display confidence and get past her stuttering.

Gabriela is American Girl cute with curly dark-brown hair, big brown eyes, and an outfit tailor-made for a dancer with a penchant for expression. Gabriela also comes with some fancy headphones and a microphone for her performances, along with an accompanying book, Gabriela, written by Teresa E. Harris.

The young artist is hard at work in the book with the intention of saving a local community arts center from being destroyed by using her voice as a poet to challenge her speech impediment and to speak out for what’s right.

Mattel, which owns American Girl, says Gabriela will be available throughout next year, unlike previous Girl of the Year dolls in times past. The tradition began back in 2001."

No wonder why women are so screwed up...they live in fantasy their whole lives. From "made up" lives for their dolls when they're young...to made up "equality" when they get older.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:38 PM
n/a

The doll is cute and I see no problem here.

However, I would be concerned for the mental health of kids when they begin producing transgender dolls with girl tops and boy bottoms. Of course that will be after they introduce couple dolls such as Ken and Lance. Can't think of a better way to confuse a young mind.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-01-2017, 12:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
What a joke... The changing of America... 3rd world...here we come! It'll only get worse from here as they become the new majority.

The Villages Florida

Listen to this crap they write about a DOLL. They write it like it's a real person...with hopes and dreams:

"Gabriela is a spoken word artist and dancer who uses poetry to display confidence and get past her stuttering.

Gabriela is American Girl cute with curly dark-brown hair, big brown eyes, and an outfit tailor-made for a dancer with a penchant for expression. Gabriela also comes with some fancy headphones and a microphone for her performances, along with an accompanying book, Gabriela, written by Teresa E. Harris.

The young artist is hard at work in the book with the intention of saving a local community arts center from being destroyed by using her voice as a poet to challenge her speech impediment and to speak out for what’s right.

Mattel, which owns American Girl, says Gabriela will be available throughout next year, unlike previous Girl of the Year dolls in times past. The tradition began back in 2001."

No wonder why women are so screwed up...they live in fantasy their whole lives. From "made up" lives for their dolls when they're young...to made up "equality" when they get older.
Me neither with a problem with an African-American doll being doll of the year. And the gay dolls and the like probably depends a lot on what community you are in and how tolerant it is of people who are different.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
The doll is cute and I see no problem here.

However, I would be concerned for the mental health of kids when they begin producing transgender dolls with girl tops and boy bottoms. Of course that will be after they introduce couple dolls such as Ken and Lance. Can't think of a better way to confuse a young mind.

Personal Best Regards:
I actually enjoyed this post! Can it be a new year for Rubicon?

However, one has to ask themselves, "What is Don Baldwin doing searching around on American Girls Dolls pages?" Is there something else that he enjoys besides being a bigot? Hmm?
Old 01-01-2017, 01:02 PM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest]I actually enjoyed this post! Can it be a new year for Rubicon?[/QUOTE

I'll give you just 1/2 hour to stop saying things like that OK 45 minutes but not a minute more

Actually there is no change in my position. My parents reared me to treat people with respect. However my comments reflect my belief that children ought to be treated as a protected species hence I do not believe young minds should be exposed to such conflicting identities

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-01-2017, 02:39 PM
n/a

Default under CAPITALISM

Quote:

However, one has to ask themselves, "What is Don Baldwin doing searching around on American Girls Dolls pages?" Is there something else that he enjoys besides being a bigot? Hmm?
If, the doll sells they will likely come up with a line of them featuring various minorities.

There have been black dolls in the past. They are valuable collector items because they did not sell.

As to fear of our changing demographic-Blacks are 13% of the population. Hispanics are 20% and their numbers are growing faster than blacks.

PROBLEM???? I am only showing the FACTS
Old 01-01-2017, 03:21 PM
n/a

They had an African American ...American Girl doll twenty years ago and Josefina a Mexican American ..American girl doll twenty years ago and I bought both of them for our granddaughter who is now 27.

No big deal. They mirror our life and are American Girls. It is fun to have them have a little life story. I can see the OP has never been a girl and probably never had a mother, a wife, or a daughter who loved dolls.

Grace Gantner
Old 01-02-2017, 07:34 AM
n/a

Quote:

He wasn't "searching around doll pages" This ridiculous story was on the front page of Yahoo. I copied the story from there. Why? Because it shows the changes that are coming as the minorities become the majority. EVERYTHING will become more and more black/brown. Including your granddaughters sex partners. ALL the girls will be practicing bestiality soon as they hook up with "them".

Yes...I like pointing out how much we're falling as a nation.

Quote:
If, the doll sells they will likely come up with a line of them featuring various minorities.

There have been black dolls in the past. They are valuable collector items because they did not sell.

As to fear of our changing demographic-Blacks are 13% of the population. Hispanics are 20% and their numbers are growing faster than blacks.

PROBLEM???? I am only showing the FACTS
"Population growth is fastest among minorities as a whole, and according to the Census Bureau's estimation for 2012, 50.4% of American children under the age of 1 belonged to minority groups.

Hispanic and Latino Americans accounted for 48% of the national population growth of 2.9 million between July 1, 2005, and July 1, 2006. Immigrants and their U.S.-born descendants are expected to provide most of the U.S. population gains in the decades ahead.

In 1900, non-Hispanic whites comprised almost 97% of the population of the 10 largest American cities. By 2006, non-Hispanic whites had dwindled to a minority in 35 of the nation's 50 largest cities. The Census Bureau reported that minorities (including Hispanic whites) made up 50.4% of the children born in the U.S. between July 2010 and July 2011, compared to 37% in 1990."

Demography of the United States - Wikipedia

Minorities are becoming the majority.

Quote:
They had an African American ...American Girl doll twenty years ago and Josefina a Mexican American ..American girl doll twenty years ago and I bought both of them for our granddaughter who is now 27.

No big deal. They mirror our life and are American Girls. It is fun to have them have a little life story. I can see the OP has never been a girl and probably never had a mother, a wife, or a daughter who loved dolls.

Grace Gantner
It's NOT a "life story", it's made up bullsh!t to sell a piece of plastic. It's lies to get you emotionally involved and purchase it. It's like all the "fake history" around the villages. They just make up little stories to enhance the "experience".

Luckily Gracie...I was born a man and we concentrate on REAL things, not fantasy.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:01 AM
n/a

The only problem I perceive is will a white kid be construed as a racist for "owning" a black baby doll? Just joking, just joking. But, with all the lefty PC cr@p going on, I would hate to see a little child take a hit on something like being labeled a racist.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
The only problem I perceive is will a white kid be construed as a racist for "owning" a black baby doll? Just joking, just joking. But, with all the lefty PC cr@p going on, I would hate to see a little child take a hit on something like being labeled a racist.
Only if they tie ropes around their necks.

WHY would a white kid...buy a black doll? Starting a zoo? Add it to the stuffed bear and other stuffed animals?
Old 01-02-2017, 09:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Only if they tie ropes around their necks.

WHY would a white kid...buy a black doll? Starting a zoo? Add it to the stuffed bear and other stuffed animals?
Old 01-02-2017, 09:21 AM
n/a

How about an Obama chia pet or an Obama talking doll? If they get a half-black baby, no one can accuse them of being racist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chia.jpg (133.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Obama_Doll.jpg (58.7 KB, 0 views)

Tags
gabriela, american, girl, book, made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.