Why we have the Second Amendment.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:39 AM
n/a

Default Polling places and bars. No concealed carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Quite a list. I can't find any reference to the legality of concealed carry in a place serving alcohol, although it's illegal to use a weapon while intoxicated according to what I found here.

The surprise to me was the prohibition against concealed carry in a pharmacy.

This section covers both polling places and bars.

"Fla. 790.6 (12)

(12) No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05; any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom; any polling place; any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any career center; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. Any person who willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083."
Old 05-04-2012, 02:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
This was brought to my attention, and I wonder why this Yankee from New York never was taught this courageous episode of American History.

"The Battle of Athens" was a armed revolt by citizens in Athens and Etowah, Tennessee against the local government in August 1946. The citizens led by some World War II veterans accused the local officials of political corruption and voter intimidation, in which the ballot boxes were taken by armed deputies of the corrupt political machine, so that the counting of ballots couldn't be witnessed, in direct violation of the law.

This is exactly why we have a Second Amendment, so that the government would have to think long an hard before oppressing it's citizens.

Battle-of-Athens

The Battle of Athens

Amazon.com: An American Story - Hallmark: Brad Johnson, Katheen Quinlan, Tom Sizemore, Josef Sommer, G.W. Bailey: Movies & TV
Thanks for the links RICHIE....a part of history I never was aware of.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Thanks for the links RICHIE....a part of history I never was aware of.
You, and everyone else, are welcome. I couldn't believe this when it was brought to my attention. I was flabbergasted that this important bit of American History was swept under the rug. You would think this was an event that freedom loving Americans would know about and cherish.

One more reason to abolish US Dept. of Education.

I'd also like to say that this is just one of many interesting links sent to me by past member Villagegolfer, with whom I'm still in contact.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:46 PM
n/a

Why not abolish education altogether???
Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 PM
n/a

Don't worry. You will be able to carry your concealed weapons to the Republican National Convention in Tampa in August as long as you stay in the protest area, while you're protesting republicans ending medicare and social security as we know them. I expect there will be several busloads arriving from The Villages, locked and loaded.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.