Will Mass. be one of the first states to send a message to politicians?

Old 01-14-2010, 01:20 PM
n/a

Default Will Mass. be one of the first states to send a message to politicians?

Even though the long shot has closed the gap considerably we can only hope and pray Brown shuts out Coakly....would that be a message or what. Coming from a Dem state....ruled by the Kennedys.

Oh please hope and pray it starts here!!!!!!!!

btk
Old 01-14-2010, 03:08 PM
n/a

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Even though the long shot has closed the gap considerably we can only hope and pray Brown shuts out Coakly....would that be a message or what. Coming from a Dem state....ruled by the Kennedys.

btk
I hope it more than just a moral victory for us. I think if Brown even comes in within 4-5 points of winning it will send a message to the Dems.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:01 PM
n/a

I don't know if its true, but I read that there has been a surge in request for absentee ballots. If by some chance Scott Brown wins you can bet that ACORN will take of things for Coakley.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:19 PM
n/a

This would be nice, but the Democratic apparatus in Mass is NOT going to allow it to happen !
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
n/a

Default A bit like illinois politics

Bucco: You may be right. I know every election in Illinois and especially Chicago they get some very odd numbers. Precincts with 5000 registered voters going Democratic like 7000 Dem to 200 Rep. Never could understand that one.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
This would be nice, but the Democratic apparatus in Mass is NOT going to allow it to happen !
There are a lot of independents in Massachusetts. They are the key. And God. Let us pray.

Yoda
Old 01-15-2010, 09:10 AM
n/a

Boston Globe reports this morning that this race is basically a dead heat...although Brown leads Coakley, it is within the margin of error.

I was struck by this in the aritcle...

"But Secretary of State William F. Galvin, Massachusetts' top election official, said certifying Tuesday's results could take more than two weeks.

That delay could give Senate Democrats time push Obama's signature legislation through Congress. Sen. Paul G. Kirk Jr., the interim replacement for the seat, says he will vote for the bill if given the chance."

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/...gop_candidate/

It is an interesting race and one which shows what voters think of this health bill !
Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 AM
n/a

The problem is that Scott Brown is not the kind of Republican that MA voters can embrace. Of course, that he's this close AT ALL is more an indictment of Martha Coakley (who still hasn't apologized for her witch hunts of a couple decades ago).

There really isn't that much of a difference in some areas that should really matter. Both of them want a more intrusive government.

Scott Brown thinks it's ok to deny you your civil rights - all they have to do is call you a terrorist. Doesn't matter whether you are or not. A quote from one of his ads (I see them every morning on the news) says that he doesn't believe "the Constitution was designed to protect terrorists who want to harm us". So you're convicted, in his eyes, before the trial. It says in the Constitution that you must be indicted by a Grand Jury - and since 1215, the Magna Carta (which was law in the American Colonies before the revolution) says "No free man shall be captured, and or imprisoned, or disseised of his freehold, and or of his liberties, or of his free customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or in any way destroyed, nor will we proceed against him by force or proceed against him by arms, but by the lawful judgment of his peers". Never mind the fact that he thinks it's wrong to allow a rape victim to have a 'morning after' pill and also supports more tax cuts (with no explanation of how to solve our spending problems).

Martha Coakley, on the other hand, belongs in prison. She became District Attorney in 1999 and the infamous Fells Acres Day Care case against the Amirault family had come up.. She prevented an onnocent man from being release even though a parole board realized that there'd been a horrible miscarriage of justice. The Amiraul family was found guilty of horrendous child abuse despite there being wildly contradictory testimony by children who were coached by 'therapists' and a COMPLETE, UTTER and TOTAL LACK of ANY physical evidence. Supposedly children were being raped in the front yard in full view of the highway - yet nobody ever saw this. There were supposedly "secret rooms" that were either in non-existant upstairs or downstairs floors, depending on which kid/therapist combo you listened to. There were animal sacrifices that supposedly took places staining carpets that were clean as a whistle. Unbelievable stuff that then had Coakley at the forefront of denying parole (despite a pareole board voting 5-0 to release Gerald Amirault) - she couldn't stand to let an innocent man free on her watch because it would look like it was her fault he was in prison in the first place. She has never so much as apologized for her actions.

Neither is a good choice in this election.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
The problem is that Scott Brown is not the kind of Republican that MA voters can embrace. Of course, that he's this close AT ALL is more an indictment of Martha Coakley (who still hasn't apologized for her witch hunts of a couple decades ago).

There really isn't that much of a difference in some areas that should really matter. Both of them want a more intrusive government.

Scott Brown thinks it's ok to deny you your civil rights - all they have to do is call you a terrorist. Doesn't matter whether you are or not. A quote from one of his ads (I see them every morning on the news) says that he doesn't believe "the Constitution was designed to protect terrorists who want to harm us". So you're convicted, in his eyes, before the trial. It says in the Constitution that you must be indicted by a Grand Jury - and since 1215, the Magna Carta (which was law in the American Colonies before the revolution) says "No free man shall be captured, and or imprisoned, or disseised of his freehold, and or of his liberties, or of his free customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or in any way destroyed, nor will we proceed against him by force or proceed against him by arms, but by the lawful judgment of his peers". Never mind the fact that he thinks it's wrong to allow a rape victim to have a 'morning after' pill and also supports more tax cuts (with no explanation of how to solve our spending problems).

Martha Coakley, on the other hand, belongs in prison. She became District Attorney in 1999 and the infamous Fells Acres Day Care case against the Amirault family had come up.. She prevented an onnocent man from being release even though a parole board realized that there'd been a horrible miscarriage of justice. The Amiraul family was found guilty of horrendous child abuse despite there being wildly contradictory testimony by children who were coached by 'therapists' and a COMPLETE, UTTER and TOTAL LACK of ANY physical evidence. Supposedly children were being raped in the front yard in full view of the highway - yet nobody ever saw this. There were supposedly "secret rooms" that were either in non-existant upstairs or downstairs floors, depending on which kid/therapist combo you listened to. There were animal sacrifices that supposedly took places staining carpets that were clean as a whistle. Unbelievable stuff that then had Coakley at the forefront of denying parole (despite a pareole board voting 5-0 to release Gerald Amirault) - she couldn't stand to let an innocent man free on her watch because it would look like it was her fault he was in prison in the first place. She has never so much as apologized for her actions.

Neither is a good choice in this election.

But does it not appear that it has become a referendum on the health care bill ???
Old 01-15-2010, 10:17 AM
n/a

Default Remember Kennedy

The system that gave Kennedy a pass in mass. for his acts of corruption
is still there. Given that fact who do you think will win regardless of how the people vote?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:28 PM
n/a

Default Bucco you are absolutely correct, it is a statement

against health care....it is a statement against the Dems who are not living up to expectations promised....

The fact that Brown can be close or ahead by some measures this morning, is in itself enough to give the Dems cause for concerns about those states that may not be as wired as Mass. thinks it is.

And I don't think the Kennedys have that much of a lock on the independents who are just likely to show that.

Two days ago it was stated by a Kennedy spokesman that they, the Kennedys, would stay out of it. And now that Brown is really in the race....gee....the Kennedy machine is cranking....and who wants to bet Obama makes a stop there this weekend? I don't know why the Dems think his persona is such a boost in confidence; check his ratings. All he can do is schmooze and pass the good word....that is it....and that is another issue many are fed up with in either party.

btk
Old 01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
n/a

Default Vote

How interesting if the vote is close, Obama would like this because he then can get his Health Care bill through because of a recount, and thats all he needs is a few weeks to have that happen. How crocked it this government.............
Old 01-15-2010, 02:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

btk
From your keyboard to God's monitor!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 10:49 PM
n/a

I heard that Obama was going to travel to Haiti and view the devistation but we can see where his priorities are now. The news today reported that he intends on going to Mass. to stump for Coakly instead. Why am I not surprised. And BTW... the news reports tonight that Brown has a 3 point lead! Here's hoping the reports are correct.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:18 AM
n/a

Default Why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
I heard that Obama was going to travel to Haiti and view the devistation but we can see where his priorities are now. The news today reported that he intends on going to Mass. to stump for Coakly instead. Why am I not surprised. And BTW... the news reports tonight that Brown has a 3 point lead! Here's hoping the reports are correct.
It does not matter because no Reublican will win in Mass. The corruption will see to that.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.