You Have Got To Be Kidding

Old 11-10-2016, 09:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
The military is NOT a democracy. The do what they are told to do.
They'll kick them out during basic training if they're too untrainable.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
The military is NOT a democracy. The do what they are told to do.

Nor is employment at ANY business.

My father was a dictator in the many business' he owned (over 200,000 employees at one point internationally).

His famous lines -

• "This is not a democracy, if you don't like it the door is over there"
  • "I am like Marlin Perkins, I run this Wild Kingdom"
  • "Your raise becomes effective when you do"
and a few other odds and ends.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Hey idiot, I never stated that the military would refuse to take them. I stated that they do not want them, which has NOTHING to do with being or not being a democracy.
Nice language. You made a statement and I made a statement. If that angers you, then you have an issue with anger control. I bet you get punched a lot.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Just read where economic students attending Yale University were so triggered warning out by Donald Trump's election that they pleaded with their economic professor to postpone an examination needing a safe space until they could contain themselves from the shock of it all. My God what is this nation coming to? what are these people going to do with a real life event?

Personal Best Regards:
I do not believe the professor has any clue that the ridiculousness of his/her decision IS what Trump tapped into to get elected.

BTW, I read that he/she made the test optional. I bet they thought that was a good solution to a tough situation
Old 11-10-2016, 09:44 AM
n/a

Awwwwww....

The Villages Florida
Old 11-10-2016, 09:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
They'll kick them out during basic training if they're too untrainable.
Normally, in an all volunteer military that would be true. In a conscript military, it is much more than that. They do not coddle the recruits and if they get out of line, they don't get kicked out, they get thrown in the brig and then make up their service time when they finish their punishment. But, it's all just conversation, and not to be taken seriously. America's momma's would never allow their little children to be barked at harshly by big bad DI's.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:04 AM
n/a

Quote:

My father was a dictator in the many business' he owned (over 200,000 employees at one point internationally).

His famous lines -

Thanks for sharing this. Particularly enjoyed your 3rd quote. Sounds like you had a wise father who knew how to get his point across with few words.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Just read where economic students attending Yale University were so triggered warning out by Donald Trump's election that they pleaded with their economic professor to postpone an examination needing a safe space until they could contain themselves from the shock of it all. My God what is this nation coming to? what are these people going to do with a real life event?

Personal Best Regards:
Same exact thing happened in November of 1968 when Nixon was elected for the first time .

The students who led this effort spent all day hanging out in the Student Union and playing an unending game of cards . Then suddenly they became " activists " and as soon as they got the midterms and finals eliminated they reopened their card game .
Old 11-10-2016, 10:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Like most of the Trump backers.
More than 70% of Villagers voted for trump, which of your neighbors are you calling an idiot?

Please be specific abogado.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Nice language. You made a statement and I made a statement. If that angers you, then you have an issue with anger control. I bet you get punched a lot.
At 6'5'', 210 lbs. - not often - wimp.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:25 AM
n/a

It was closer to 80% of the deplorables
Old 11-10-2016, 10:29 AM
n/a

Quote:

His famous lines -

I am 77 years old and can relate to what you are saying and your father's maxims.

HOWEVER, I long ago realized this is NOT my fathers world or your father's world.

Young people do not grow up the same. There is no draft, the family unit is becoming extinct, the sexes have become blurred.....all this means that young people are not growing up in OUR world, and thus do not see things the same way at all.

If you recall how just seeing Elvis swing his hips would destroy us...how a movie that simply mentioned pregnancy of a single woman was taboo...how being pregnant and being single was simply a tragedy.

So many things and then add in the internet, which is, in my opinion is huge in many of our differences and problems, have changed.

Lets face it folks......you cannot go back..you can try but I assure you...comparing today with our youth is a total and complete lost cause and will just frustrate you.

Read somewhere or heard it in analyzing this election as an attempt for NOSTALGIA. Well, you cannot go back...you cannot ever again have those steel mills pumping smoke into the air...you will never again see those coal mining communities and company stores. It is just not going to ever happen and if you supported Trump for "nostalgia" then you will be disappointed.

For me, the world has shrunk so small that we better recognize our friends, AND our enemies, which for me is my biggest concern right now.

We are NOT going back in time....the young folks are not going to change....like we tried to tell our parents and grandparents..you better get used to it...time marches onl
Old 11-10-2016, 10:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
At 6'5'', 310 lbs. - not often - wimp.
Not often enough, I'm sure. Have you been a Rocky Mountain Canary all your life, or only since you learned how to operate a computer with two fingers?
Old 11-10-2016, 11:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
Not often enough, I'm sure. Have you been a Rocky Mountain Canary all your life, or only since you learned how to operate a computer with two fingers?
That's pretty funny...for an IDIOT!
Old 11-10-2016, 11:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
We are NOT going back in time....the young folks are not going to change....like we tried to tell our parents and grandparents..you better get used to it...time marches onl

Every day I am more like my grandfather - beaching about "kids" these days and becoming more and more disillusioned with society.

Tags
life, space, kidding

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.