Are you party first b4 America first?

Old 02-10-2017, 10:27 AM
n/a

Default Are you party first b4 America first?

Is there any meeting in the middle? Is it the candidates you oppose or the party philosophy? When do we care about our fellow Americans and treat each other with respect.
I guess it is no secret that the majority of Americans are not fans of Trump.
I believe that Trump probably has reason to keep us safe but surely we can do this without immigration being the enemy. We were all immigrants at one time. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water. The majority of Muslims are good people. It's never a good thing to use a broad brush when describing any nationality, sexual orientation, or race. Can we not agree on that without name calling?
Old 02-10-2017, 10:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Is there any meeting in the middle? Is it the candidates you oppose or the party philosophy? When do we care about our fellow Americans and treat each other with respect.
I believe that Trump probably has reason to keep us safe but surely we can do this without immigration being the enemy. We were all immigrants at one time. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water. The majority of Muslims are good people. It's never a good thing to use a broad brush when describing any nationality, sexual orientation, or race. Can we not agree on that without name calling?

This is a good post.

My opinion is that there are too many extreme activists in both parties.

The Republican Party and Democratic Party have both been taken over by extremists which simply makes the gap larger.

Personally, I found both candidates for President to be offensive, thus I "wasted" my vote on an independent candidate.

For me, someone who really enjoys political discussion, I am forced to really read more than I already had been. I do not trust either, so I try to stay informed.

I suppose I used to be a Republican who, in general, supported them and opposed Democrats.

Now, it is issue by issue for me.

To directly respond, it appears we need candidates at all levels who can offer legitimate common sense ideas, and not be drowned out by extreme.

Last election we went extreme and based on the beginnings of the administration, there will be a lurch far left during next congressional elections.

Why we cannot join hands and at least recognize our enemies and friends.

As we yell at each other in the USA, we embolden our enemies.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Immigration IS THE ENEMY...why? Because we're full, because 1/3 or 100 million Hispanics IS too many! If you have a glass and you fill it with water...can you get any more in? No...it's full...this COUNTRY is full.

We WERE immigrants...but now we have ENOUGH people here. The US was open territory (sorry Indians) when WE immigrated here. There is no more empty space for them.

That is what YOU are doing, denying that the Hispanic invasion is a problem. Under age 7 they ARE the majority.

It IS a good thing to profile...all GOOD investigators use profiling. Different people ARE different in what they do.

Quote:
This is a good post.

The Republican Party and Democratic Party have both been taken over by extremists which simply makes the gap larger.

Personally, I found both candidates for President to be offensive, thus I "wasted" my vote on an independent candidate.

For me, someone who really enjoys political discussion, I am forced to really read more than I already had been. I do not trust either, so I try to stay informed.

I suppose I used to be a Republican who, in general, supported them and opposed Democrats.

To directly respond, it appears we need candidates at all levels who can offer legitimate common sense ideas, and not be drowned out by extreme.

Last election we went extreme and based on the beginnings of the administration, there will be a lurch far left during next congressional elections.

Good for you...you did something to stop the perpetual corruption. Keep it up...EVERY election...NO Ds or Rs.

Another bravo! They SHOULDN'T be trusted...they're there for fame, power, and money!

The "issues" are mostly fake issues, solely there to keep the people squabbling among themselves, to distract attention away from their stealing.

Because we're told our enemies are our friends. The REAL enemy is a minority majority...your grandchildren will understand WHY I'm fighting so hard to stop the Hispanic invasion.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
This is a good post.

Amen! Infighting is as much a threat as anything out there.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Amen! Infighting is as much a threat as anything out there.
Divide and conquer...they FORCE us unnaturally together...create friction, strife, and distrust...and nobody notices how much they're stealing from the treasury.

Why are ALL WHITE neighborhoods friendly and safe...while minority neighborhoods are dirty and violent...and WHY would the "government" want to mix us all together so NOBODY is happy? They don't "like" us any more than we like them.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:59 PM
n/a

All our enemies have to do is stand by and watch America deteriorate by it's own. Obama has done an outstanding job of dividing and stirrring up hate and racism in America. He has successfully promoted every single special interest or minority group at the expense of the majority of America.

And now the can't believe we lost the ellection crony establishment is resisting everything Trump is putting forth. Further dividing the country with it's hare and amplification by the media.

Yes, all our enemies have to do is stand by and let it happen. Then while laughing their a$$e$ off come in and pick up the pieces.

Those of us who want America great again are outnumbered by those who would walk on America and it's flag to further self and party.

Disgusting.....that they even refer to themselves as Americans.....
Old 02-10-2017, 02:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
All our enemies have to do is stand by and watch America deteriorate by it's own. Obama has done an outstanding job of dividing and stirrring up hate and racism in America. He has successfully promoted every single special interest or minority group at the expense of the majority of America.

And now the can't believe we lost the ellection crony establishment is resisting everything Trump is putting forth. Further dividing the country with it's hare and amplification by the media.

Yes, all our enemies have to do is stand by and let it happen. Then while laughing their a$$e$ off come in and pick up the pieces.

Those of us who want America great again are outnumbered by those who would walk on America and it's flag to further self and party.

Disgusting.....that they even refer to themselves as Americans.....
Have you listened to our President recently ? Fear...fear. Flynn in illegal discussions...he has got to just step back, because frankly, Trump is presiding as if he were running a political contest.

Meanwhile, again today he throws fear at us..be afraid..during the presses with Japan, he once again said he, and HE alone knows things, YET, he said about this ban fiasco that he wanted to wait a week, but was pressure. Homeland Security has already thrown himself on the sword. Perhaps I am just not used to hearing ANY President playing this fear card. Threats here are no different than in other nations, but we have much better vetting. IF, the President sincerely wants to protect our country and sincerely is aware of threats, rewrite the ban. Actually, I think I could support a ban of some sort, so re write it and it will get approval of anyone.

Sort of related...

"
"WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans believe the world at large sees the U.S. more unfavorably (57%) than favorably (42%), their worst assessment of the country's image in 10 years. A year ago, Americans' perceptions were more positive than negative."

Americans See US World Standing as Worst in a Decade | Gallup

Then add the ongoing Flynn conspiracy is getting bigger each hour almost, and has drawn in the VP.

Just plain scary, and many Repubs now expressing concern
Old 02-10-2017, 02:28 PM
n/a

Liberals use illogical rhetoric to make their points.

"We are a country of immigrants"

"NONE of the US terrorists came from those seven countries "

Think about it ... makes absolutely no sense.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:37 PM
n/a

Default some posters did not read original post.

Can anyone really listen to others and learn? Do you have all the answers?
The only way we can come together as a nation is to walk in the shoes of others. Please be civil and understanding. We can have different opinions but we can't have different facts. Always fact check. Sometimes what I read just has to be the truth because I want it to be the truth, but not always so. The potus says, "I know more than anyone", I'd like to believe he has all the answers but he doesn't, and FACTS prove that. My biggest concern, that the media is not trusted, some good, some with their own bias, but we need an unbiased judge to keep ALL OF US straight
Old 02-10-2017, 05:37 PM
n/a

Default In reply to your post

Quote:
The only way we can come together as a nation is to walk in the shoes of others. Please be civil and understanding. We can have different opinions but we can't have different facts. Always fact check. Sometimes what I read just has to be the truth because I want it to be the truth, but not always so. The potus says, "I know more than anyone", I'd like to believe he has all the answers but he doesn't, and FACTS prove that. My biggest concern, that the media is not trusted, some good, some with their own bias, but we need an unbiased judge to keep ALL OF US straight
We all have bias but most refuse to see it.
Re: walking in the other persons shoes, you can claim it but you cannot do it. There was that book Black like me.
The author CLAIMED he experienced being black. That simply was not the case because he could take the make up off and he was never a black kid etc. NO I AM NOT BLACK. A far more interesting book that was never as widely read is South of Freedom written by a black WWII vet who went to college under the GI bill.
Re: your claim not to have any bias
In this ONE PARAGRAPH it is clear you have an anti-Trump bias.

I freely confess that I have an anti-progressive bias. I've been poor. I worked my butt off for everything I have. In my peak earning years I paid 56% of my last earned dollars in taxes. That progressive GIMMMMEEEEEE attitude really drives me nuts. GET A JOB AND EARN IT. I've mowed lawns, washed dishes etc to pay for my college degree.
How dare the progressives think I should pay for their college education. Don't tell me is costs so much more today. That is inflation. Everything costs more today and people also get paid more.

Life is tough. Success is what you do with the cards you are dealt. FOR ME, FAILURE WAS NOT AN OPTION OR A CHOICE I WAS WILLING TO CONSIDER.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:17 PM
n/a

I appreciate your post, not swearing, no disrespect, but I must say, even thou you discovered my "anti-Trump" opinion, I really want him to do well, because America will be the winner. You must admit that there are so many incidents in this 2 week period that were questionable.. It is hard to overlook his HUGE ego, but I'm trying really hard. Difficult to pretend that a Russian alliance could be a problem down the road. As a businessman that has used attorneys to take advantage of vendors, and I quote after fact checking, "it will cost you more in attorney fees than I owe you". Hard to respect him, BUT he is potus so will hope for the best. Bannon is my biggest concern now thou.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
I appreciate your post, not swearing, no disrespect, but I must say, even thou you discovered my "anti-Trump" opinion, I really want him to do well, because America will be the winner. You must admit that there are so many incidents in this 2 week period that were questionable.. It is hard to overlook his HUGE ego, but I'm trying really hard. Difficult to pretend that a Russian alliance could be a problem down the road. As a businessman that has used attorneys to take advantage of vendors, and I quote after fact checking, "it will cost you more in attorney fees than I owe you". Hard to respect him, BUT he is potus so will hope for the best. Bannon is my biggest concern now thou.
Are there really so many incidents?
Or just a concerted effort by the media and many democrats who are commited to amplify every wiggle of every branch in the breeze presenting each as though they were a category 5 hurricane.

Stuff that would be totally ignored or not even matter to the media are blown, over blown, repeat.

Somebody says something about Trump's daughters clothing line? Just as an example of chicken $hit who gives a reporting and parroting by the resistance.

What we know for sure including myself our major source of information is the media. We then pick and choose the snippets that serve our purpose. Not only that we then report it as if we had first hand knowledge of the issue(s) or the players and who said what.

And we are most likely representative of the American public.

The goal of the media and the resistance members is to discredit Trump at every turn......WHILE DUMPING THE usa IN THE DUMPSTER.

The party first BS going on in the congress delaying and pi$$ing on everything Trump does is shameful.

We are taking the low level of standing in the world as accomplished by Obama, and now showing the world how up we really are by allowing the continuous and ongoing degeneration of the stance and stature of America for the sake of partisan politics.

We the people should be ashamed of what we are allowing the minority in this country to get away with in this regard.

The statue of liberty and the American eagle both have a tear in their eye.

All in the name of politics.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Liberals use illogical rhetoric to make their points.

"We are a country of immigrants"

"NONE of the US terrorists came from those seven countries "

Think about it ... makes absolutely no sense.
When we were a country of WHITE immigrants...the country was great...#1 in most things.

Since becoming a country of brown/black immigrants...we've fallen to #25.

The reason is simple...they're NOT us.

Liberals ARE women and minorities...neither known for their greatness, their great accomplishments, their being the absolute TOP in ANY endeavor.

Quote:
The ONLY way we come together as a nation is to STOP being a bunch of squabbling minorities. We come together under white leadership...or we perish. Look at Mexico, is it successful? Then why let Mexicans run the country? THEY will be the nations majority within 30 years.

Quote:
We all have bias but most refuse to see it.
Re: walking in the other persons shoes, you can claim it but you cannot do it. There was that book Black like me.
The author CLAIMED he experienced being black. That simply was not the case because he could take the make up off and he was never a black kid etc. NO I AM NOT BLACK. A far more interesting book that was never as widely read is South of Freedom written by a black WWII vet who went to college under the GI bill.
Re: your claim not to have any bias
In this ONE PARAGRAPH it is clear you have an anti-Trump bias.

I freely confess that I have an anti-progressive bias. I've been poor. I worked my butt off for everything I have. In my peak earning years I paid 56% of my last earned dollars in taxes. That progressive GIMMMMEEEEEE attitude really drives me nuts. GET A JOB AND EARN IT. I've mowed lawns, washed dishes etc to pay for my college degree.
How dare the progressives think I should pay for their college education. Don't tell me is costs so much more today. That is inflation. Everything costs more today and people also get paid more.

Life is tough. Success is what you do with the cards you are dealt. FOR ME, FAILURE WAS NOT AN OPTION OR A CHOICE I WAS WILLING TO CONSIDER.
Yes we do...we LEARN it from seeing the same things from the same groups of people. Do you deny that men and women think/act differently? Then why can't you admit blacks/browns can think/act differently?

Of course he "couldn't be black". He was white. Can a woman become a man by cutting her hair off, wearing mes clothes, and talking tough? No! No matter HOW HARD she tries/wants to be a man. Can you "become" your cat or dog? This was a STUPID book with a STUPID premise. ONLY women and minorities could see ANY relevance.

ONE black guy..."does good"...IF YOU BELIEVE the story...how do you KNOW it isn't fiction? YOU DON'T. How about the millions who live on MLK Blvd? That's the 99%.

How DARE they expect me to pay for their housing, food, each kid they pop out, cell phone...and all the rest. A mother of four can get $60,000 a year in welfare benefits. Public housing...housing animals...if often BETTER than the housing I've seen WORKING people living in because it's all they could afford.

Unfortunately...the women/minorities are NEVER dealt the hand that a white male gets. It's genetics...we're different...VERY different. Your dog or cat will never graduate or hold a good job...neither will they...unless the standards...the qualifications are REDUCED so they can. And THAT is why America has dropped from #1 to #25.

Quote:
Are there really so many incidents?
Or just a concerted effort by the media and many democrats who are commited to amplify every wiggle of every branch in the breeze presenting each as though they were a category 5 hurricane.

Stuff that would be totally ignored or not even matter to the media are blown, over blown, repeat.

Somebody says something about Trump's daughters clothing line? Just as an example of chicken $hit who gives a reporting and parroting by the resistance.

What we know for sure including myself our major source of information is the media. We then pick and choose the snippets that serve our purpose. Not only that we then report it as if we had first hand knowledge of the issue(s) or the players and who said what.

And we are most likely representative of the American public.

The goal of the media and the resistance members is to discredit Trump at every turn......WHILE DUMPING THE usa IN THE DUMPSTER.

The party first BS going on in the congress delaying and pi$$ing on everything Trump does is shameful.

We are taking the low level of standing in the world as accomplished by Obama, and now showing the world how up we really are by allowing the continuous and ongoing degeneration of the stance and stature of America for the sake of partisan politics.

We the people should be ashamed of what we are allowing the minority in this country to get away with in this regard.

The statue of liberty and the American eagle both have a tear in their eye.

All in the name of politics.
Bingo! We KNOW NOTHING...all we "know" is what someone else was PAID to tell us. And then people will FIGHT over what someone else told them. Turn OFF the TV...you will get nothing but lies and propaganda from it.

We are allowing the minorities to TAKE OVER the country. They're already the MAJORITY below age 7. Hispanics ALREADY number 100 million and 1/3 the population.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:25 PM
n/a

Party first before America?

NOPE, America is first. That's why I voted for Trump. Hillary is Hillary first, not party and not America. Hillary is scum and I will celebrate her passing when it eventually comes around. I don't hate her, but I despise her type. America would be better without the Clintons.

1st Amendment rights. You do not have to like what I said, but you do have to accept it.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Party first before America?

NOPE, America is first. That's why I voted for Trump. Hillary is Hillary first, not party and not America. Hillary is scum and I will celebrate her passing when it eventually comes around. I don't hate her, but I despise her type. America would be better without the Clintons.

1st Amendment rights. You do not have to like what I said, but you do have to accept it.
No we don't...ALL the first amendment say's is that you can say it. WE don't HAVE to do ANYTHING. We can scream and yell WHILE you are speaking because WE also have a 1st amendment right. We can cover our ears. We can walk away and leave you talking to yourself. We don't HAVE to listen.

Now...be aware...that is out in public... In a PRIVATE venue. THEY determine what is and isn't said. If you disrupt, you can be removed. You can STILL speak...outside, off their private property.

Or, did you mean that we have to accept that you have 1st amendment rights to free speech in general? Yes, of course.

Tags
good, america, party

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.