Are You Tired of He said, She said????

Old 02-24-2008, 11:43 PM
n/a

Default Are You Tired of He said, She said????

How does one choose the better candidate in this modern, theatrical era. There is almost no discussion of what they will so to solve this country's issues.....SPECIFICS!!!!!!!!

All they do is continually snipe at what each other said....how they said it....if they said it...when they said it.....yak...yak...yak....yak...

Substance = zero. There is more value gained from a high school debate than there is gained from a PRESIDENTIAL candidate.

The people of the USA deserve better....but won't get it....too busy being entertained by the spin doctors and media mesmerizers....what a shame.

I fear for the future of my Grand Children and Great Grand Children.

I am too "seasoned" to be impacted by the nothingness of today's process...candidates...media...legislators!!!!!!!! !!

What a pity!!!

BTK
Old 02-25-2008, 12:01 AM
n/a

Default Re: Are You Tired of He said, She said????

In today's world of media coverage, Lincoln wouldn't have stood a chance. He was homely with a squeaky voice. Anything of substance he would have had to say would have been tossed aside for his appearance, his liberal viewpoints (and he was liberal for his time), his depression.

I'm doing my best to teach my daughter to look at what is really being said, to ignore the drivel that has nothing to do with the issues she feels are important, to weigh what is being said by everyone carefully. Hopefully, when she has children, she will do the same. I'd like to think that if enough people did this we'd get politicians this great nation deserves but I'm not convinced. I kind of gave up on the concept when I first learned about Adlai Stevenson and found out Americans picked an Eisenhower over him but at least the hope is still there.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:56 AM
n/a

Default Re: Are You Tired of He said, She said????

billie, amen, I've become so cynical over our politicos, both parties.
Greed and power are their career goals and the public be damned.
All style over substance.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.