2019 Spring Green Fees

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2019, 02:41 PM
Default 2019 Spring Green Fees

2019 spring green fees have been released and they gone higher once again. Wish my FIXED INCOME went up the same percentages. The developer is slowly pricing us out of the Championship courses. Most of us are on FIXED INCOMES and would appreciate a green fee break. Especially those of us who are Year around residents. Help us out and make golf more affordable.

Rick Dankert
Briar Meadow
Old 04-22-2019, 03:19 PM
Veteran member
Default 2019 green fees

We're with you, bro. But I doubt whether the developer will read your appeal here of TOTV. Or care. There seems to be a strategy in play here: More people, fewer golf holes per cap, higher prices. Would be nice if he told us the end-game, wouldn't it?
Old 04-22-2019, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

I feel your pain, Rick. It would be nice if they kept up the condition of the courses, but that isn't happening either.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I feel your pain, Rick. It would be nice if they kept up the condition of the courses, but that isn't happening either.
Played Orange Blossom today, course in very great shape including the greens.
Go look...…...
Old 04-22-2019, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdankert View Post
2019 spring green fees have been released and they gone higher once again. Wish my FIXED INCOME went up the same percentages. The developer is slowly pricing us out of the Championship courses. Most of us are on FIXED INCOMES and would appreciate a green fee break. Especially those of us who are Year around residents. Help us out and make golf more affordable.

Rick Dankert
Briar Meadow
I guess you missed this thread...……………………
New Pricing plan on Championship
Old 04-22-2019, 04:18 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Personally I don't have a problem with the new rates. I play the champs late afternoon anyway, pretty inexpensive if you ask me. And they are in really good shape now and can only get better come the rain.
Steve
Old 04-23-2019, 06:27 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,090 Times in 1,325 Posts

Played Hacienda Hills yesterday. The course was in great shape.

Keeping these 18/27 hole courses in great shape cost LOTS of money. This year there are more golfers using the same amount of courses. Next year there will be more golfers but not more Championship courses. Supply and demand.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:16 AM

New course coming over Fenney way & I am sure there will be more as new areas open.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,873 Times in 2,683 Posts

I feel your pain also, but it's not just the Villages. Now that the courses up North are open for the season I have noticed two things. First, all the courses rates have gone up by more than the so called inflation rate. Second, courses are closing. Two courses I have playing for many years are gone, one is going to be a solar farm and the other a residential housing development. A third course I really like to play is on the market (most likely to a real estate developer), and is not being properly maintained. It is a disturbing trend across the country, but a trend that I hope will be very slow to take place in the Villages due to the high population of older people who still highly value golf as a pastime.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:04 AM

I agree totally......we need a strong show of support against these increases, thy should only be allowed the same percentage of our cost of living increses.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:00 AM

The cost of living increase we receive through Social Security and/or pension plans is usually based on an average of common costs incurred by the common individual. They are set up to minimize the increase in fixed incomes. The cost to maintain a golf course is based on the cost of fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides, labor and fuel costs. These do not necessarily go up at the same rate as the cost of living indexes. So you cannot compare increase in cost of golf versus cost of living index.

The rates of everything from groceries to fuel to utilities to clothing to automobiles, insurance, medical care, etc usually increases annually; sometimes more that the cost of living index.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosbestus View Post
I agree totally......we need a strong show of support against these increases, thy should only be allowed the same percentage of our cost of living increses.
Do you apply this theory to groceries, gas, movie tickets, cocktails/beer, etc. really...………...
Old 04-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,873 Times in 2,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
The cost of living increase we receive through Social Security and/or pension plans is usually based on an average of common costs incurred by the common individual. They are set up to minimize the increase in fixed incomes. The cost to maintain a golf course is based on the cost of fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides, labor and fuel costs. These do not necessarily go up at the same rate as the cost of living indexes. So you cannot compare increase in cost of golf versus cost of living index.

The rates of everything from groceries to fuel to utilities to clothing to automobiles, insurance, medical care, etc usually increases annually; sometimes more that the cost of living index.
The problem is that the CPI is reported by the Government, which is over $22 Trillion (and rapidly growing) in debt. If they reported inflation accurately, the cost of servicing it's debt (which is directly tied to interest rates and inflation) would represent 100% of revenue, leaving nothing left for social programs, the military, ect.....Plus, social security payments would have to increase to reflect real inflation causing the program to run out of money much sooner.

Talk about the fox watching over the hen house!
Old 04-24-2019, 12:35 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

How long does one expect cost's to stay on a level plane? Cost of doing business goes up, prices of goods go up. Economics 101. Again, for me personally, the increase is minimal.
Steve
Old 04-24-2019, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,506 Times in 677 Posts

Even if the fees were 60% of their current prices, for most of the courses right now (and since early last summer)...they would still be too high for what you really get.

And yes, of course that's just...my honest and personal 'opinion.'

Your mileage may vary.
Closed Thread

Tags
green, fixed, spring, fees, break

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.