Havana greens B.A.D.

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2023, 06:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,609 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
I'm glad you enjoy the courses you play outside TV and I don't dun you for doing so...please don't feel you have to disparage those who choose to play inside TV. Have a nice day!
I don’t understand living in the largest golf course community in the world, and bragging about NOT playing golf there.
Sure, sometimes the conditions here aren’t great, but none of us are playing on the PGA tour this weekend.
Old 02-16-2023, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I don’t understand living in the largest golf course community in the world, and bragging about NOT playing golf there.
Sure, sometimes the conditions here aren’t great, but none of us are playing on the PGA tour this weekend.
I am. And the weather in LA is a lot warmer than yesterday.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
It's not bragging about playing outside the Villages. Just comparing conditions between what you pay for outside the Villages and what you pay for inside the Villages. In the Villages it's a lot more money for the convenience of using your own cart and the conditions are not as good, with the exception of Glenview.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
It's not bragging about playing outside the Villages. Just comparing conditions between what you pay for outside the Villages and what you pay for inside the Villages. In the Villages it's a lot more money for the convenience of using your own cart and the conditions are not as good, with the exception of Glenview.
The Villages loves when you drive your own cart to play their overpriced courses. Profit drops to the bottom line. No need to maintain a cart fleet and give you one for your round like most other courses do.
Old 02-16-2023, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
Although winter conditions prevail and are to be expected, the greens on Kilimanjaro and Kena have an abundance of weed grass that inhibits staying on the line of putting. Even a short 18" straight putt to the cup goes off course when it hits a clump of weed grass on the green. It appears there is no effort to contain the weed grass as it's vibrant and abundant on every one of the 18 greens we played on Feb 10. Our group saw no brown weed grass indicating zero application of killer product to keep it under control. Otherwise the course was as to be expected this time of year.
Conditions at most Villages courses are disgusting. All about money.
Old 02-17-2023, 04:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Glenview Greens were terrible on Friday. Mallory's awful today. Havana always atrocious. About 1/2 of Evans Prairie Greens are OK, the other half is awful. Palmer Riley Grove is ok, the Laurel & Cherry, not so good.

The only decent Greens I've found on campus in the last 3 weeks, is Tierra del Sol.
Agree on Tierra, but fairways are mostly hard pan. Have been here for 3 winters. This has been the worst ever. Lived in Fl. for 60 years and TV is only place that I have seen maintenance performed in the winter(high $ time) Nothing is going to be done. Owners know they have a captive audience.
Old 02-17-2023, 04:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Bonifay are decent
Played there on 2/16. Decent is appropriate. Almost like "not bad".
Closed Thread

Tags
grass, weed, greens, expected, played

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.