Lopez in good shape

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2023, 04:53 AM
Default Lopez in good shape

Golf group played Ashley to Torri yesterday and all of us said the course is in very good shape. Tee boxes a little thin with a few showing bare dirt, but fairways and greens very good. The normally thick brillo pad rough that is normal at Lopez hasn't grown enough yet to be an issue.
Old 04-29-2023, 05:07 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Thanks for the info..................roadtrip North on Monday.
Old 05-03-2023, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
Golf group played Ashley to Torri yesterday and all of us said the course is in very good shape. Tee boxes a little thin with a few showing bare dirt, but fairways and greens very good. The normally thick brillo pad rough that is normal at Lopez hasn't grown enough yet to be an issue.
I agree… I live up north and play Lopez and Glenview most of the time with an occasional jaunt south to Palmer and Cane Gardens. Lopez, Glenview and Palmer (Riley Grove) have the newest greens. GV is a touch slower, maybe they keep it that way because of more contours but I have had putts at Lopez come back to my feet… all just a guess. IMHO Glenview is the best overall conditions. Riley Grove is also excellent but with the other 2 nines at Palmer still old school conditions, I gave it lower marks.
Old 05-04-2023, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
I played Lopez yesterday, and agree that the course was generally in very good shape. The one issue I had, though, there were way too many old cup plugs that were not set properly (too high or too low)

Last edited by Theeb; 05-04-2023 at 04:39 AM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread

Tags
good, lopez, shape, fairways, greens

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.