Played Hacienda yesterday Sept 19th

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2020, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
...I would especially like to see better time frames and less dollars to play nine holes at the championship courses. The fact that most are 27 holes tracks, it would seem fairly easy to attract and accommodate more golfers who would play nine instead of eighteen holes. BTW, the USGA is encouraging nine hole play which accommodates seniors and leaves time for other activities. Just a thought.
Big time agreement here!

I’m a 9-holer all the way. I can play 18. I just don’t want to take 5-6 hours at time out of my day for golf...or anything else for that matter.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:08 AM
Default Hacienda conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmeans View Post
Gee, I played Hacienda Hills yesterday (9/21/20) with my usual pals and had a great time. I hit a lot of good shots, the weather was pleasant, birdies were made, birdie juice consumed and two of the guys in our group had "personal best" nines on the Palms course.
We played Hacienda on Wednesday 9/23 mid morning and found it to be in great shape! Rough had been mowed and although it wasn’t tall it was quite thick and punishing, as it should be! Our foursome enjoyed a great round! Will go back.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:46 AM

But...... if the course is well maintained, then I would need a new list of excuses for poor golfing
Old 09-30-2020, 06:12 PM

They probably are trying to reduce rounds so they can use lack of play as an excuse to build more apts
Old 09-30-2020, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,813 Times in 2,382 Posts

Did you trip over any surveys stakes?
Old 10-01-2020, 08:40 AM
Default I played on 10/30 and it is okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
A total dog track. Do not play it period. It was our 6th choice. Fairways not cut greens at about a 5 speed rough very high to the point of losing golf balls. If they cared a real embarrassment to this community. So glad I didn;t have guests playing this piece of junk. One of the nines we played had been closed for a week! What did they do? Just tired of it all. Makes my decision to leave much easier. OK you Kool-Aid drinkers I'm ready for all the excuses.
The issue they are dealing with is excessive water on the course due to our rains. So a few holes we had to stay in the rough. I think this was why one nine was closed when you played. The higher rough is a feature, making the course a little bit harder, not a dog track. The fairways and greens had been cut we saw the grass clippings. The greens are slow, but nearly all the greens in the Villages are slow. There are several reasons a course does this, but it is mainly to make it easier to keep the greens alive on a course that gets lots of play. Yes, it would be nice to have faster greens. But the course is not as bad now as what you experienced.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,873 Times in 2,683 Posts

My wife and I played HH yesterday and we both thought the conditions were very acceptable. The greens were generally in good condition but were on the slower side, especially compared to Tierra Del Sol, which I played a couple days before. The rough seemed a bit longer than usual, but hitting the ball in the rough is supposed to make for a more difficult shot. All in all the conditions were good.

I do feel very sorry for the owners of homes on the 9th fairway on the Oaks Course as well as the homes along the first holes of both the Oaks and Lakes courses. Their homes will, without a doubt, experience a significant decline in value facing a multi story high density apartment complex.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:10 AM

Re-Hacienda Palms - no point in maintaining a building site - Palms is ideal for re-development now the CC has gone !!
Old 10-05-2020, 05:31 AM
Veteran member

I played it as well. Calling it a dog track is being kind.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
A total dog track. Do not play it period. It was our 6th choice. Fairways not cut greens at about a 5 speed rough very high to the point of losing golf balls. If they cared a real embarrassment to this community. So glad I didn;t have guests playing this piece of junk. One of the nines we played had been closed for a week! What did they do? Just tired of it all. Makes my decision to leave much easier. OK you Kool-Aid drinkers I'm ready for all the excuses.
Every once in awhile I will read your assessments of golf course conditions here. I invite people to read back on your many posts.

I found this one from 2011.

02-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Gold member
Smile
Played Nancy Lopez today....really good shape

Generally you are not pleased with how the courses are kept.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:49 AM
Gold member

I do have an issue with the conditions of the champ courses, do not play execs. I try to be objective with my opinions. I have posted positive comments on courses. Bonifay was pretty good Saturday. I just don't think we get good conditions much of the time and to be honest am tired of all the excuses for the poor conditions. These courses are NOT cheap to play with a $800.00 priority fee, plus green fees that increase every year and using your own cart. These courses produce millions of dollars in revenue yet they can't hire two or three real golf supers. There is also the poor use of manpower. How many times have we seen them mowing where there is no grass, couldn't they be better used fixing up tee boxes? I can go on and on.
Closed Thread

Tags
played, junk, nines, piece, playing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.