Routing through construction areas

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-01-2024, 06:22 AM
Altavia Altavia is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3,634
Thanks: 1,522
Thanked 2,880 Times in 1,314 Posts
Default Routing through construction areas

The app is routing through closed streets in the construction areas south of Monarch Grove.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7739.jpg
Views:	1385
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	103935  
  #2  
Old 05-01-2024, 07:36 AM
Villages GPS's Avatar
Villages GPS Villages GPS is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Villages, Florida
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
The app is routing through closed streets in the construction areas south of Monarch Grove.
Hi, I just went in and put those roads under construction. It should not give those directions once approved, which could take up to two weeks.

Thank you so much for letting us know!
__________________
We are so grateful for your support!

Check out our FAQ here.

For any inquiries, feel free to email us at VillagesGPS@gmail.com.

We're here for you!!!
  #3  
Old 05-01-2024, 07:54 AM
Altavia Altavia is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3,634
Thanks: 1,522
Thanked 2,880 Times in 1,314 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages GPS View Post
Hi, I just went in and put those roads under construction. It should not give those directions once approved, which could take up to two weeks.

Thank you so much for letting us know!
No problem, appreciate the rapid feedback.

Many of us on the Magnolia Plaza side are hoping that route will be open soon :-)
  #4  
Old 05-01-2024, 09:09 AM
kansasr kansasr is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 727
Thanks: 233
Thanked 782 Times in 224 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
No problem, appreciate the rapid feedback.

Many of us on the Magnolia Plaza side are hoping that route will be open soon :-)
It's not like those of us in Fenney have been waiting 6 years for access to the east side!
  #5  
Old 05-01-2024, 09:18 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 14,592
Thanks: 2,419
Thanked 14,005 Times in 5,370 Posts
Default

Just a reminder, if you drive through construction areas, don't be surprised if you get a flat tire.
  #6  
Old 05-01-2024, 11:58 AM
BubblesandPat BubblesandPat is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: On Rodriguez lane
Posts: 76
Thanks: 31
Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Is there a way to get the proper route? I don't know my way around and am dependent on the app..
__________________
Sleep Eat Swim Repeat
  #7  
Old 05-02-2024, 07:35 AM
hmbfoxtail hmbfoxtail is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Lake Denham Dr and Wellington, NV
Posts: 14
Thanks: 44
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Default

My husband and I went from Lake Denham the Enclave to Brownwood. We were lent a golf cart from our neighbors (we hit the lottery with the best neighbors in the world by the way. Thank you Jason and Dan). We were on Meggason and it took us off of Meggason through a housing area just to put us back on Meggason coming and going. However on the return trip to home it took us again though homes in a circle in a different area. There was no ryme or reason for this. It was very frustrating. It was the first time we used the GPS app. Other than that we were very pleased with it.
  #8  
Old 05-02-2024, 08:43 AM
CosmicTrucker's Avatar
CosmicTrucker CosmicTrucker is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Hawkins
Posts: 148
Thanks: 622
Thanked 95 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages GPS View Post
Hi, I just went in and put those roads under construction. It should not give those directions once approved, which could take up to two weeks.

Thank you so much for letting us know!
I noticed this on Wednesday also. I just mapped to the same location I was trying to get to yesterday and the app is still routing on closed construction roads.

Edit: I just noticed you said it could take 2 weeks to fix. Lame
  #9  
Old 05-02-2024, 08:59 AM
BubblesandPat BubblesandPat is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: On Rodriguez lane
Posts: 76
Thanks: 31
Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTrucker View Post

Edit: I just noticed you said it could take 2 weeks to fix. Lame

That was my concern as well. What do we do in the meanwhile?
__________________
Sleep Eat Swim Repeat
  #10  
Old 05-02-2024, 09:35 AM
Altavia Altavia is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3,634
Thanks: 1,522
Thanked 2,880 Times in 1,314 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblesandPat View Post
That was my concern as well. What do we do in the meanwhile?
Use the Villages GPS app.
  #11  
Old 05-02-2024, 09:46 AM
frayedends frayedends is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 770
Thanks: 224
Thanked 899 Times in 328 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmbfoxtail View Post
My husband and I went from Lake Denham the Enclave to Brownwood. We were lent a golf cart from our neighbors (we hit the lottery with the best neighbors in the world by the way. Thank you Jason and Dan). We were on Meggason and it took us off of Meggason through a housing area just to put us back on Meggason coming and going. However on the return trip to home it took us again though homes in a circle in a different area. There was no ryme or reason for this. It was very frustrating. It was the first time we used the GPS app. Other than that we were very pleased with it.
Same for me. I learned to just stay on Megisson when it does that. So weird. It will just circle you through a village.
  #12  
Old 05-03-2024, 07:26 AM
hmbfoxtail hmbfoxtail is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Lake Denham Dr and Wellington, NV
Posts: 14
Thanks: 44
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Same for me. I learned to just stay on Megisson when it does that. So weird. It will just circle you through a village.
Thank you at least I don't feel so alone lol
  #13  
Old 05-03-2024, 07:28 AM
BubblesandPat BubblesandPat is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: On Rodriguez lane
Posts: 76
Thanks: 31
Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Use the Villages GPS app.
Thank you! I never noticed the village app had a GPS in it! Will use that!
__________________
Sleep Eat Swim Repeat

Last edited by BubblesandPat; 05-03-2024 at 07:39 AM.
  #14  
Old 05-04-2024, 06:48 AM
Altavia Altavia is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3,634
Thanks: 1,522
Thanked 2,880 Times in 1,314 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblesandPat View Post
Thank you! I never noticed the village app had a GPS in it! Will use that!
Very welcome, I'm sure it's not easy for the GPS guys to keep things up to date given how quickly they add new roads here.

Hopefully the McNeil and/or Corbin Trail paths will be open soon.
  #15  
Old 05-04-2024, 06:51 AM
Kelevision Kelevision is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 697
Thanks: 4
Thanked 788 Times in 315 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblesandPat View Post
Is there a way to get the proper route? I don't know my way around and am dependent on the app..
Use the free app.
Reply

Tags
routing, construction, areas, app, closed


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.