⚡ Is your home protected and prepared for hurricane season? 🌀

Old 05-13-2024, 03:48 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Exclamation ⚡ Is your home protected and prepared for hurricane season? 🌀

Good afternoon to all! Casandra with Pike's Electric here. I hope the all the mothers/mamas out there had a beautiful weekend celebrating you! I celebrated my mom with my dad, my younger sister, and our spouses doing indoor sky diving! What a blast!

Enough about me, I am here checking in to let you know we are within 1 MONTH of hurricane season starting on June 1st, 2024. We have also been getting some really nasty afternoon and late night storms lately. Be sure to secure your lanai and patio furniture for intense winds. Also, we suggest unplugging any outdoor lighting/decor/equipment when a storm approaches as if these items hold moisture, they can trip GFI circuits sometimes causing your garage door openers to go down without power when the GFI trips. This circuit will continue to trip when reset if moisture is still present. Make sure your post light, post, and coach lights are in good, secure condition. If they are loose, brittle, and exposed, these can become projectiles and an issue during storms. We also suggest making sure your outdoor outlet weatherproof covers are in secure condition and not brittle, cracked, or missing. If water gets into these outlets, you can have the same GFI trip issue. We can help you replace any outdoor covers!
There is NO better time than NOW to start preparations for your home and any plans you may have when it comes to staying put for any approaching storms or evacuating. I have attached a Hurricane Preparedness Tips information sheet to this forum for your reference. Be sure to safe this to your device! It is front and back!

We are still running our promotional price of $515.00 for our Eaton Ultra Whole Home Surge Protector. This offer ends 7/1/24 so be sure to take advantage of this pricing before it goes up. We have the surge install kits IN STOCK and READY TO ROCK. We can even schedule you within a week for installation!
Also, we offer FREE estimates for whole home stand by Generac generator installations also portable generator interlocks and outlets. If you have a portable generator, you should be utilizing a generator outlet box and a interlock in your home's panel for SAFE usage during an outage. You SHOULD NEVER utilize the dryer outlet.

Please be sure to email me (cnelson@pikeselectric.com) or call our office for more information on how we can help you prepare your home for this storm season and the ones to come. Have a great week everyone!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hurricane Preparedness Tips 2024.pdf (383.2 KB, 7 views)

(352)748-6251
Old 05-14-2024, 09:51 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Hello all! Here in Wildwood we are already experiencing some of the heavy rain for today's expected storms. Be sure to remain safe today and indoors if possible, some areas under tornado watch. We are here for you if you experience any electrical trouble as the storms make their way through The Villages today.
(352)748-6251

(352)748-6251

Tags
home, generator, storms, secure, outdoor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.