Carl Sagan and Hot Claims

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2023, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,180 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Pictures don't lie. The people choosing WHICH pictures to show DO lie. Yes, there are PARTS of the Antarctic ice shelf that are melting, and there are OTHER PARTS that are growing. Best estimates from scientists without an agenda is there is net zero melting to slight growing of the Antarctic ice.
Well doctor, please provide links to those best estimates by scientists without an agenda.

Nasa has a net loss. Oh, you mean that if 90% of the areas in Antartica are melting but 10% are growing so you throw it out as if the small areas not melting disproves the truth that both our north and south polar areas are warming, you know, global warming. There is a scientific explanation, science you know, as to why some areas of the ice sheet might thicken. Get ready. Some of the Antarctic is so cold that snow does not fall often. The ice only grows when water (snow) is added. There are areas where because of global warming there is more new snow than melting, those rare areas are thickening. It does not offset the net loss of ice.

I do wish you would pick an argument and stick to it.

You alternatively claim that global warming is a hoax, isn't happening rapidly and is just the expected very slow pattern seen over tens of thousands of years so nothing to see here, or we have cooling, look at the last 9 years, to it is all real but humans can do nothing.

For those of you who say there is nothing we can do, it is all meaningless, I ask you to consider Los Angeles smog. We all grew up with the constant photos of LA engulfed in air pollution. What happened? Nobody took cars and trucks off the roads. Nobody made everyone move out of LA. All it took was vigorous environmental legislation to force industry to develop cleaner cars and trucks and factories.

Each one person, one car, one building, one factory, one incinerator at a time added up to great improvement. Now LA is still the smog capital of the country but it is so much better. Because humans did sometime to reverse a human caused problem. By the way industry claimed of course it was not man made but just a normal phenomenon caused by ozone descending from the stratosphere into the LA basin. Disproven by, yup, science.

I will look forward to your links to those scientists who say that the net ice at the south polar region is not melting to slight increase. LINKS PLEASE.
Old 07-11-2023, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Well doctor, please provide links to those best estimates by scientists without an agenda.

Nasa has a net loss. Oh, you mean that if 90% of the areas in Antartica are melting but 10% are growing so you throw it out as if the small areas not melting disproves the truth that both our north and south polar areas are warming, you know, global warming. There is a scientific explanation, science you know, as to why some areas of the ice sheet might thicken. Get ready. Some of the Antarctic is so cold that snow does not fall often. The ice only grows when water (snow) is added. There are areas where because of global warming there is more new snow than melting, those rare areas are thickening. It does not offset the net loss of ice.

I do wish you would pick an argument and stick to it.

You alternatively claim that global warming is a hoax, isn't happening rapidly and is just the expected very slow pattern seen over tens of thousands of years so nothing to see here, or we have cooling, look at the last 9 years, to it is all real but humans can do nothing.

For those of you who say there is nothing we can do, it is all meaningless, I ask you to consider Los Angeles smog. We all grew up with the constant photos of LA engulfed in air pollution. What happened? Nobody took cars and trucks off the roads. Nobody made everyone move out of LA. All it took was vigorous environmental legislation to force industry to develop cleaner cars and trucks and factories.

Each one person, one car, one building, one factory, one incinerator at a time added up to great improvement. Now LA is still the smog capital of the country but it is so much better. Because humans did sometime to reverse a human caused problem. By the way industry claimed of course it was not man made but just a normal phenomenon caused by ozone descending from the stratosphere into the LA basin. Disproven by, yup, science.

I will look forward to your links to those scientists who say that the net ice at the south polar region is not melting to slight increase. LINKS PLEASE.
Res ipsa loquitur
Old 07-11-2023, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Res ipsa loquitur
Glad you agree with the records. 420 and increasing straight months of global warming.
Old 07-11-2023, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Glad you agree with the records. 420 and increasing straight months of global warming.
I don't
Old 07-12-2023, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
I don't
Good. I was wrong. It's been updated to 526 consecutive months of global increases.
Have a good day, and keep hydrated, my friend.
Closed Thread

Tags
carl, sagan, global, hear, club

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.