Citizens' Climate Lobby

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2023, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Discover what The Villages' chapter of the Citizens Climate Lobby (CCL) is saying about climate change and human impact upon our climate: on Nov 16 at 1:30 PM at Laurel Manor. While making numerous climate claims using old and limited data, the CCL also claims the Inflation Reduction Act, with higher taxes, will fight man-made global warming - which has never been proven.
My only concern at my age is running out of red wine. So far, inventory is holding up.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
What are you a veteran of - denying reality and science! Were you concerned about your perceptions of "higher" taxes when billionaires received tax relief in 2017, on the backs of the middle and lower classes? Not to mention the record amount it added to our debt and deficit! Next you will tell us that "Trickle Down Economics" works --- NOT!
I wouldn’t bring up debt/deficit 11 trillion plus in less than 3 years.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Cousteau has a solution -- but can't find any volunteers.
Somehow I get the feeling that the quote was taken out of context. Cousteau likely knows that each animal (humans included) has a certain holding capacity, depending on food and other environmental factors, which whenever exceeded causes problems. For humans, the problems are disease and wars, which lower the population back to its holding capacity.
........Gaza is a perfect example of this as it is one of the most densely populated areas of the world. Human life is less valued in a situation like that and hatred and conflict are inevitable.
..........Global Warming is man-made and excess population is currently causing EXCESS CO2 which HEATS the earth. And yes, plants use CO2, but I am talking about the great excess of CO2 produced by man which has accumulated in the upper atmosphere and has changed the earth's climate and even raised the ocean's levels rapidly in the last 8 years.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Scientists are worried because the arctic permafrost is melting (not so permanent), which may expose older varieties of viruses and bacteria that humans have NO built-up defenses for. This danger to humans is brought about by HEAT in the Arctic caused by Global Warming. And this is merely ONE example of Global Warming that has been confirmed by the majority of climate scientists.
........Humans as is the case with all animals, must live with their environment and protect it, not FIGHT against it.
Earth been in warming cycle for 10 thousand plus years. Nowhere near the high mean time temperatures of 72 plus degrees.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Somehow I get the feeling that the quote was taken out of context. Cousteau likely knows that each animal (humans included) has a certain holding capacity, depending on food and other environmental factors, which whenever exceeded causes problems. For humans, the problems are disease and wars, which lower the population back to its holding capacity.
........Gaza is a perfect example of this as it is one of the most densely populated areas of the world. Human life is less valued in a situation like that and hatred and conflict are inevitable.
..........Global Warming is man-made and excess population is currently causing EXCESS CO2 which HEATS the earth. And yes, plants use CO2, but I am talking about the great excess of CO2 produced by man which has accumulated in the upper atmosphere and has changed the earth's climate and even raised the ocean's levels rapidly in the last 8 years.
You can un-context all you want. People say what they mean - and they're speaking from the platform of the United Nations.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	turner.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	101202  
Old 11-15-2023, 11:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Discover what The Villages' chapter of the Citizens Climate Lobby (CCL) is saying about climate change and human impact upon our climate: on Nov 16 at 1:30 PM at Laurel Manor. While making numerous climate claims using old and limited data, the CCL also claims the Inflation Reduction Act, with higher taxes, will fight man-made global warming - which has never been proven.
I don't believe that the Inflation Reduction Act has ANY relationship to taxes. But, everyone likes it when gasoline at the pump is LOWER. The IRA encourages people to buy E-vehicles that have GREAT practical value to ALL Americans. It means that we would buy less oil from Saudi Arabia and therefore be less dependent on them and the whole irrational and combustible Middle East. It would therefore lower the cost of gasoline at the pump. It could help keep the US out of Middle East wars.
.........If the US could improve new car sales of E-vehicles from the current 6% to 30% (which is the trend) we could likely begin the process of stopping Global Warming and saving our coastal cities. Not to mention improving the health of worldwide coral reefs, which affects our fishing industry and even the stone crab population near Alaska.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRcorvette View Post
I would rather go to the Dentist and get my teeth drilled without Novacaine than sit and listen to this GW nonsense!
It IS a good thing that the US government thinks otherwise and is willing to face the problem head-on rather than ignoring it and pretending that it does NOT exist!

Last edited by jimjamuser; 11-15-2023 at 11:26 AM. Reason: add a sentence
Old 11-15-2023, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclas View Post
Someone's been drinking the kool-aid. Man made global warming is the largest scam on the planet. All geared towards a one world govt. If Greta and Al Gore were right we would already have a dead planet by now 10 times over.
Even the founder of the weather channel will tell you it is cyclical.
So, climate scientists and others who understand Global Warming are pushing us toward a ONE-WORLD government. I don't see any connection. And anyway, we will all be LONG dead before ALL the individual countries on this planet would possibly AGREE to turn over sovereignty to ONLY ONE government.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
CO2 is not a pollutant. Pollution is discussed in other clubs. Furthermore, we are in a CO2 famine - so more CO2 is greatly encouraged.
I encourage everyone to ask Google IF "we are in a CO2 famine"?
Old 11-15-2023, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclas View Post
Someone's been drinking the kool-aid. Man made global warming is the largest scam on the planet. All geared towards a one world govt. If Greta and Al Gore were right we would already have a dead planet by now 10 times over.
Even the founder of the weather channel will tell you it is cyclical.
Do you think the rain will hurt the rhubarb?
Old 11-15-2023, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
You can un-context all you want. People say what they mean - and they're speaking from the platform of the United Nations.
The more people, the more pollution, the MORE Global Warming. But for any one GIVEN world population, there are still other factors to consider like the RATE of using FOSSIL FUELS. Another factor is the rate of forest destruction. Certainly, the recent large forest fires in the US and Canada are adding to the excess CO2 which will rise up to the upper atmosphere and reflect HEAT back to the Earth.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
It IS a good thing that the US government thinks otherwise and is willing to face the problem head-on rather than ignoring it and pretending that it does NOT exist!
What you meant to say is that the US Gov pretends that there really is a problem when there isn't. At least, not one that "they" can control. Sounds like a few folks on here are having a "red flag" moment.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
The more people, the more pollution, the MORE Global Warming. But for any one GIVEN world population, there are still other factors to consider like the RATE of using FOSSIL FUELS. Another factor is the rate of forest destruction. Certainly, the recent large forest fires in the US and Canada are adding to the excess CO2 which will rise up to the upper atmosphere and reflect HEAT back to the Earth.
More pollution doesn't equal more global warming. The temperature when dinosaurs roamed the earth was about ten degrees warmer and the oceans were several feet higher. But, keep thinking "the sky is falling" if it makes you feel better. Personally, I welcome the warmer weather and would like to see warmer weather up North in the mountains. I do not wish to see the gov. waste taxpayer money on trying to make the world colder. The air is much cleaner than it was when I was a child and that does work for me. However, I can live to the nice old age of 100 with the air as it is right now. My old man survived a century during the worst pollution time period in this country, and the air is much cleaner now.
But, everyone needs something to occupy their idle minds.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
So, climate scientists and others who understand Global Warming are pushing us toward a ONE-WORLD government. I don't see any connection. And anyway, we will all be LONG dead before ALL the individual countries on this planet would possibly AGREE to turn over sovereignty to ONLY ONE government.
Yes, of course. After all, there really isn't a European Union.....
"The European Union ( EU) is a supranational political and economic union of 27 member states that are located primarily in Europe. [7] [8] The union has a total area of 4,233,255 km 2 (1,634,469 sq mi) and an estimated total population of over 448 million." ----- nope, won't happen in our lifetime..........
Old 11-15-2023, 03:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
More pollution doesn't equal more global warming. The temperature when dinosaurs roamed the earth was about ten degrees warmer and the oceans were several feet higher. But, keep thinking "the sky is falling" if it makes you feel better. Personally, I welcome the warmer weather and would like to see warmer weather up North in the mountains. I do not wish to see the gov. waste taxpayer money on trying to make the world colder. The air is much cleaner than it was when I was a child and that does work for me. However, I can live to the nice old age of 100 with the air as it is right now. My old man survived a century during the worst pollution time period in this country, and the air is much cleaner now.
But, everyone needs something to occupy their idle minds.
More pollution of the CO2 type DOES equal more Global Warming. It is actually the KEY mechanism. Cars and furnaces burn fossil fuel and wood. (That burning is the MAN-MADE component of Global Warming) The combustion gives off CO2. (Also currently some volcanoes are giving off CO2) The CO2 rises and forms a layer in the upper atmosphere that reflects much of the earth's HEAT back to the earth which raises the temperature of the earth (note : some HEAT does escape off into space)
........The effects of man-made Global Warming have been observed by climate scientists to be increasing rapidly in about the last 8 years as recorded by tests like global ocean rise, coral reef deaths, and glaciers melting in BOTH poles.

Last edited by jimjamuser; 11-15-2023 at 03:44 PM. Reason: add
Closed Thread

Tags
climate, citizens, ccl, claims, lobby

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.