Climate Change v Global Warming

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2022, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtyard View Post
The WEF World Economic Forum declared millions of cats and dogs should be slaughtered because they contribute to climate change.
I won't have a problem with dogs and cats increasing Global Warming UNTIL someone teaches them how to drive a car. I also believe that most dog and cat food consists of plant protein and a little bit of normally wasted animal fat added. I believe that the positive companionship features of dogs and cats far outweigh their small carbon footprint. If it were true that dogs and cats should be eliminated, then wild raccoons, coyotes, bears, possums, foxes, and lynxes should also be eliminated - that would be impossible! This concept about dogs and cats seems to have lost something in translation. Or at least is an exaggeration.
Old 12-17-2022, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtyard View Post
New York, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, California and Washington have banned pet sales of cats and dogs to reduce the carbon "paw print" they produce as a result of eating meat.
Not true. In MD, they are stilled allowed to be sold by their "original breeders"...

Only Pet Stores are banned from selling them, in an attempt to stop the "puppy mills"... Nothing to do with the "carbon paw print'...

And that law is still being fought in the courts...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-17-2022, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
But there is a reason why the earth has been cooling for the past 7 years -- in terms of a linear trend. I'll check back next month to see if that trend continues.
I think that this debate will be resolved in about 3 to 5 years by looking back and comparing the number and strength of the KILLER Hurricanes hitting the US. Comparing the amount of ocean rise and the acidic content. Comparing the cost and difficulty of obtaining home insurance in Florida. Comparing the rate of species extinctions with today. Comparing the Gulf of Mexico's highest temperature with that of today. Comparing a world
map of rising temperatures with that of today. I further believe that here in Florida we will be able to FEEL the increased summer HEAT in 5 years.
Old 12-17-2022, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I think that this debate will be resolved in about 3 to 5 years by looking back and comparing the number and strength of the KILLER Hurricanes hitting the US. Comparing the amount of ocean rise and the acidic content. Comparing the cost and difficulty of obtaining home insurance in Florida. Comparing the rate of species extinctions with today. Comparing the Gulf of Mexico's highest temperature with that of today. Comparing a world
map of rising temperatures with that of today. I further believe that here in Florida we will be able to FEEL the increased summer HEAT in 5 years.
Well, feel free to go right on believing that. It's not going to happen, but in a free country I'll defend your right to believe any fantasy you want. Now, if you will, please explain how hurricanes (a WEATHER event), homeowner's insurance (a business decision), extinctions and speciation (which have been going on for over a billion years), and the temperature of a small body of water in comparison to the total oceans on Earth have the slightest bearing on CLIMATE change cycles over the last 4 million years. Yep, same old, same old......
Closed Thread

Tags
climate, warming, change, scientists, global

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.