Colder Than Average

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2023, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Not only does official government satellite data indicate we are in a 9-year cooling trend, but it also shows, that over the past 30 years, global warming is slowing down -- exactly the opposite of what alarmists claim. Listen to the data -- it's talking to you.
Getting warmer more slowly is still getting warmer. Pushing false data analysis in one case makes me nervous about trusting this case, but if it actually has slowed then MAYBE credit should be given to those pushing for the changes to fight warming.

The data is talking but some seem to have problems with comprehension

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-28-2023, 12:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Getting warmer more slowly is still getting warmer. Pushing false data analysis in one case makes me nervous about trusting this case, but if it actually has slowed then MAYBE credit should be given to those pushing for the changes to fight warming.

The data is talking but some seem to have problems with comprehension
You may not be able to comprehend -- but others can easily see that the last 30 years of satellite temperature data show warming is slowing down, while the last 9 years show a cooling trend. The amazing thing is that the media refuses to acknowledge either, because they don't fit the climate alarmism narratives. Regarding giving credit to fighting global warming -- looks like more CO2 is doing a great job. It has even been decreasing severe weather events for over 30 years. I love CO2 and you should too.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Climate.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	100353  
Old 09-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
You may not be able to comprehend -- but others can easily see that the last 30 years of satellite temperature data show warming is slowing down, while the last 9 years show a cooling trend. The amazing thing is that the media refuses to acknowledge either, because they don't fit the climate alarmism narratives. Regarding giving credit to fighting global warming -- looks like more CO2 is doing a great job. It has even been decreasing severe weather events for over 30 years. I love CO2 and you should too.
The media doesn’t acknowledge either because at least one claim is demonstrably false and has been debunked numerous times - I’m not going to waste space here doing it again.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-28-2023, 01:13 PM

The media may not be reporting it because other reputable organizations like NASA say that Summer 2023 was the hottest on record since records began in 1880. August was 2.2 degrees above average. The World Meteorological Organization also says Summer 2023 was the hottest on record.

I get that in today's polarized world, not everyone trusts NASA. Some conspiracy theorists say the moon landings were faked. There are virtually no set of facts which are universally accepted. In some circles, folks believe that COVID is a hoax and Pro Wrestling is real.
Old 09-28-2023, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Beauty View Post
weather the thing we talk most about that we can do nothing about

hmmm, I thought my Tundra causes the global warming?
Old 09-28-2023, 02:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Both subjects seem to bring the "strangejoes" out of the woodwork!
Yes, they most certainly do...

BTW, what EV do you drive again?

-Tom Petty
Old 09-28-2023, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
The media doesn’t acknowledge either because at least one claim is demonstrably false and has been debunked numerous times - I’m not going to waste space here doing it again.
This difference here is ... you bring narratives and I bring data. The "data" shows that the last 30 years shows global warming is slowing -- and the "data" shows the last 9 years has a slight cooling trend -- and it's all government data. If you don't like the data -- change it to fit your alternate reality.
Old 09-28-2023, 02:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
This difference here is ... you bring narratives and I bring data. The "data" shows that the last 30 years shows global warming is slowing -- and the "data" shows the last 9 years has a slight cooling trend -- and it's all government data. If you don't like the data -- change it to fit your alternate reality.
The data DOES NOT SHOW THAT! The problem is some don’t know how to analyze the data and I am tired of explaining that to you over and over again.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-28-2023, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedSox! View Post
The media may not be reporting it because other reputable organizations like NASA say that Summer 2023 was the hottest on record since records began in 1880. August was 2.2 degrees above average. The World Meteorological Organization also says Summer 2023 was the hottest on record.

I get that in today's polarized world, not everyone trusts NASA. Some conspiracy theorists say the moon landings were faked. There are virtually no set of facts which are universally accepted. In some circles, folks believe that COVID is a hoax and Pro Wrestling is real.
Dr. Hansen, from NASA, and known as the Father of Global Warming, is a great example of the trust problem.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hansen.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	100357  
Old 09-28-2023, 03:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Dr. Hansen, from NASA, and known as the Father of Global Warming, is a great example of the trust problem.
So 37 years ago as the study of climate change was just getting started a prediction was made that did not come true? Imagine that!

But sure, between that and your focus on statements from Al Gore I can see where he confusion comes from.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-28-2023, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
So 37 years ago as the study of climate change was just getting started a prediction was made that did not come true? Imagine that!

But sure, between that and your focus on statements from Al Gore I can see where he confusion comes from.
These are Al Gore's statements ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gore.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	100358  
Old 09-28-2023, 03:10 PM

ha ha The Farmers' Almanac. I get my weather forecasts off the National Enquirer.
Old 09-28-2023, 03:39 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

All I ask is which Government?

NASA Says 2022 Fifth Warmest Year on Record, Warming Trend Continues | NASA
Old 09-28-2023, 04:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
NASA, like NOAA, alters temperature data fit the global warming narrative.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NASA_Temp.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	100359  
Old 09-28-2023, 04:30 PM

Quote:
The Farmer's Almanac is forecasting a colder and snowier winter than average for the 23/24 winter season. This is no surprise as we are in a 9-year cooling trend, which is within a 6,000 year Milankovitch cooling trend, which is within our current 2.5 million year old Pleistocene Ice Age. The Pleistocene Ice Age is the subject of a talk on Sep 29 at 4 PM at Colony Cottage - for the Philosophy Club. Dress warm.
Decisions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1632.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	100360  
Closed Thread

Tags
colder, cooling, ice, age, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.