Cooling Is Coming

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2022, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
1. Polar bear numbers are up thanks to hunting restrictions, not climate change which is bad for them.
2. The approximately 8 billion humans and the effects of their polution and habitat destruction has very definitely contributed to global warming. No amount of evidence, nothing will convince you. So, continue to ignore truth and continue to preach your misinformation and maybe, just maybe a miracle will happen to vindicate your opinions in the end.
Actually, I wish you were right, but you're not.
True!
Old 12-13-2022, 07:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Good try, but that's not the answer -- and neither does Al Gore know. It's not my responsibility to look it up, since I am not claiming that CO2 is harming the climate. If you truly believe "man-made" CO2 is harming the climate then you should be able to say how much man-made CO2 has warmed the earth last year. Everyone knows that to be true - right?
Real climate scientists measure the temperatures at various points on the earth and have found INCREASING temperatures in 7 out of the last 8 years. They measure sea level RISE and find that INCREASING in the last decade. They have found CO2 INCREASING in the upper atmosphere and in the oceans in the last decade.

That, and I assume other indicators, is why 80% of global scientists agree that Global Warming is man-made.
Old 12-13-2022, 07:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Ditto. The government has many times tried to change the weather, no less the climate, with no success. Even stop a tornado no-less a hurricane. It's all a myth ... just like DDT causes cancer, 2nd-hand smoke causes cancer, and CFCs cause the ozone hole. CO2 has only been proven to benefit plants, even helps human civilization during periods of global warming -- called climatic optimums.
I believe that 2nd hand smoke can cause cancer.
Old 12-13-2022, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,393 Times in 4,373 Posts

Quote:
Yes. Why has the weather been cooling for the past 7 years, when as Al Gore insists, should be heating up as CO2 increases?
Because it has... 7 years does not a trend make...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-13-2022, 11:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize for making a science fiction movie (Inconvenient Truth), and yet world peace was never achieved and so far all his climate change forecasts have never verified. First time in history an award was given to someone for making a forecast. Any fool make a forecast -- but only an experienced forecaster who has made several verifiable forecasts can be trusted.
Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize and then proceeded to drop 100,000 bombs on people's heads. What does that tell you about the stupid freaks on the Nobel committee?...And Yasser Arafat?
Old 12-13-2022, 11:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize and then proceeded to drop 100,000 bombs on people's heads. What does that tell you about the stupid freaks on the Nobel committee?...And Yasser Arafat?
To top it off, Professor Manabe who created the IPCC climate model which produced the worst verification results, won the 1991 Nobel Prize in Physics for his climate modeling expertise. The Nobel Prize has now become a political propaganda tool ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98zl8SlObLE
Old 12-13-2022, 11:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I believe that 2nd hand smoke can cause cancer.
Religion is based on beliefs, because it does not require data. Science is based on data. There is no data proving 2nd-hand smoke causes cancer -- unless you can provide that data.
Old 12-13-2022, 11:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Because it has... 7 years does not a trend make...
So why is the non-trend cooling for 7 years?
Old 12-13-2022, 11:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Real climate scientists measure the temperatures at various points on the earth and have found INCREASING temperatures in 7 out of the last 8 years. They measure sea level RISE and find that INCREASING in the last decade. They have found CO2 INCREASING in the upper atmosphere and in the oceans in the last decade.

That, and I assume other indicators, is why 80% of global scientists agree that Global Warming is man-made.
If "man" really is making earth warm, then how much did "man-made" CO2 warm the earth last year?
Old 12-14-2022, 09:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
The logic of WHY that happens is easy enough. The Peace Prize is given for a point in time - for promoting peace for that ONE YEAR that it was given. They do not wait until someone dies and then give out a Peace Prize as a lifetime achievement award. Life CHANGES and people change - one year they are the best in the world and then another year comes along and they are ordinary or even disliked. Obama made the MISTAKE of being the 1st black president. That's difficult territory to be in..........not everyone is going to applaud him for that achievement.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,393 Times in 4,373 Posts

Quote:
So why is the non-trend cooling for 7 years?
Because it is... Get back to me in a couple hundred years and we'll talk...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-14-2022, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
The logic of WHY that happens is easy enough. The Peace Prize is given for a point in time - for promoting peace for that ONE YEAR that it was given. They do not wait until someone dies and then give out a Peace Prize as a lifetime achievement award. Life CHANGES and people change - one year they are the best in the world and then another year comes along and they are ordinary or even disliked. Obama made the MISTAKE of being the 1st black president. That's difficult territory to be in..........not everyone is going to applaud him for that achievement.
Everyone that pays their taxes should get a Nobel Peace Prize.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Religion is based on beliefs, because it does not require data. Science is based on data. There is no data proving 2nd-hand smoke causes cancer -- unless you can provide that data.
OK. I am sure that there is a scientific study somewhere that shows that rats were given cancer by exposing them to 2nd hand smoke. But, I value my time too much to go chasing around and finding a study that PROVES WHAT IS INTUITIVELY LOGICAL to myself. Namely, since smoking produces cancer ; 2nd hand smoke indoors MUST produce cancer. Sometimes, I am fine with intuition. For example, I don't personally need to measure the curvature of the earth to not believe in a flat earth society.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
On the scale of STRANGE STATEMENTS from 1 to 100 - that is a WHOPPER !
Old 12-14-2022, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,104 Times in 4,219 Posts

Quote:
Don't you mean anyone who wins any election, even for dog catcher????
Closed Thread

Tags
cooling, affects, twc, pdo, warming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.