Cooling Is Coming

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2022, 11:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,368 Times in 2,085 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
If humans were all hunter/gatherers, like our forebearers, I might, might consider it possibile. But with all our industry and wonderous and destructive technologies, no way. Humankind is a force to be reckoned with. A powerful and very world changing force.
Especially since the use of atomic weapons and nuclear facility accidents.

I will bet someone else is watching us very carefully now and not just abducting specimens to take tests on for various experiments.

Global warming is very real and is extremely well documented. Global warming and climate change effects: information and facts
Old 12-18-2022, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,666 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Especially since the use of atomic weapons and nuclear facility accidents.

I will bet someone else is watching us very carefully now and not just abducting specimens to take tests on for various experiments.

Global warming is very real and is extremely well documented. Global warming and climate change effects: information and facts
And now we are introducing alien abduction into the conversation? C'mon man!
Old 12-18-2022, 08:17 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,138 Times in 1,360 Posts

Let's not forget the damage from 1 volcano can do. Don't laugh until you research the real damage caused.
Old 12-18-2022, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,810 Times in 1,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Let's not forget the damage from 1 volcano can do. Don't laugh until you research the real damage caused.
I'm not laughing. But the volcano is a natually occuring geological force. Can't do much about that. We can, however, alter our own ways in order to minimize the impact that we have.
Old 12-18-2022, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I'm not laughing. But the volcano is a natually occuring geological force. Can't do much about that. We can, however, alter our own ways in order to minimize the impact that we have.
Minimizing trash is good. Minimizing CO2 is not good.
Old 12-18-2022, 09:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
And now we are introducing alien abduction into the conversation? C'mon man!
Ha ha. Why not? This could be fun. Let's see where it goes.
Old 12-18-2022, 10:19 AM
Sage

Organic fuel has been used since man first learned how to produce fire and start cooking his steak. I am not going to worry about this world's condition in a thousand years, or even a hundred. I plan to use all the gasoline, natural gas, charcoal briquettes, wood for smoking, etc. We won't run out of oil in my lifetime, but if for some reason it did happen, there is plenty of other organic fuel available to burn. I am satisfied that the air is cleaner now than when I was a child. I will likely live to be 95-100+ years old before I pass and I plan to eat red meat until I can't. Computers were supposed to eliminate paper use, but I have more documents to shred than I can handle. If you want to eat vegan style, go for it. I don't care if you do, but don't try to force me to convert. If I become diabetic, I will cut back on my sugar consumption. If I start having blood pressure issues, I will cut back on my salt. Otherwise, I plan to enjoy my life on earth. If other countries do not like the way the U.S. lives then they can stop allowing all those millions to escape to this great country. If those other countries are jealous of our great lifestyles, they have the same ability as we did to get where we are today.
But back to the point, I always hear how "they" say man is causing global warming, but I have yet to see any proof. Now "they" attempt to say that since there is no record of climate change before man existed, then it didn't happen. SO, all those text books we were taught from when children were myth? Maybe I am wrong but seems to me we were taught that the giant dinosaurs died off due to climate change. Did mankind cause the climate to change? We were taught that glaciers caused our great mountain ranges. Did mankind cause the ice to melt?
Maybe folks refuse to believe in man caused climate change because billions of our tax dollars are wasted on endless research every year. Or, maybe some of us do not subscribe to man caused "climate change" because we were taught that climate change is always happening and always has happened, regardless of mankind's contribution.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I recommend you do the same. Pay a little more attention to how many zeros there are after the 7.8.
OK if I did NOT get the zeros right, then I sincerely apologize. I posted that a couple of times and my point, MY MAIN point, was the COMPARISON that I made between the world population in 1800 (about the industrial revolution) and today - and that comparison was that the INCREASE in population over that time period was a factor of about 8. There are 8 times as many people on the planet today as there were in 1800. I really don't care too much about the zeros - a million million, a thousand million, a million billion.........NOT important.

What I thought was important was the GROWTH factor of EIGHT for the population after 1800. Because that is WHY the CO2 is now EXCESSIVE and we had no Global Warming problem in 1800, but today we have a man-made Global Warming problem.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
My search said 8 Billion a/o November.
So the planet is getting warmer as a result of the effects of industrialization, global habitat destruction, polution and over population. 8 billion humans, poisoning the land and water, decimating the old growth forests (the lungs of the planet), covering the land with concrete and filling the air with exhaust fumes. 8 Billion is more than enough to have a negative impact.
Thank you sincerely. OK 8 BILLION. I will now commit that to memory.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Earth can easily handle double or triple that. Who knows, maybe even more. There is safety in numbers, especially if you have another extinction asteroid event -- and even another black plague or something. As soon as the Greenland ice melts, that's lots more land for people -- and the Vikings might even return then to the "Green" lands. Survival is dependent on numbers -- the more better. The more CO2 the better -- and the more warmer the better. However more taxes is not better.
Not true. I wrote in another post that there was a behavioral science experiment about putting more AND MORE rats in an enclosure. It went fine (for the rats) with just a few rats. But, with crowding they eventually KILLED each other. More of something is not always good. Having sufficient of something is preferable. Think about adding more and more SALT to each subsequent bite of steak - starts out good and then gets terrible.

I think that the US COULD (?) have more people, but that depends on the proper food, housing, infrastructure and etc for them. Today the US even has water problems for some people in some areas. And there are few people talking about what IS the IDEAL US population? I guess about 250 million. I don't comprehend the idea that more people are necessarily better. Animals like deer and bear regulate their population depending on the CHANGING environment. No one can tell me that humans are some intelligent SPIRITS that do NOT need space, food, and water. When some human goes without water for 3 years, then I will listen to someone that says the human population SHOULD be INFINITE. That just defies logic and COMMON SENSE !!!!!!
Old 12-18-2022, 12:14 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,105 Times in 381 Posts

It a tie game at the end of regulation time.
Old 12-18-2022, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,408 Times in 4,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Yes, 7.8 Trillion to be more exact. I decided to round up.
Only off by a factor of 1000... But close enough, I guess...

worl population - Google Search

-Tom Petty
Old 12-18-2022, 01:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
It a tie game at the end of regulation time.
Great! Now, for the first overtime.
Old 12-18-2022, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Thank you sincerely. OK 8 BILLION. I will now commit that to memory.
You are welcome. When you went from billions to trillions I thought it might have been that auto-correct was inserting its own number. That happens to me a lot and I have to correct it often.

Anyway, here is a little food for thought for those who don't think 8 billion humans with all their equipment and technology can't possibly have an effect on the climate.
One beaver in a valley of trees with a stream can, over a relatively short time, dam the stream, flood the valley, and completely change the micro-climate of the valley and surrounding area.
No, I am not suggesting beavers are a problem. Just a demonstration that if one small rodent with no tools or tech can do that, then the combined effects of 8 billion humans with machines, explosives, tech, etc, can easily effect climate on a global scale.
Old 12-18-2022, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
You are welcome. When you went from billions to trillions I thought it might have been that auto-correct was inserting its own number. That happens to me a lot and I have to correct it often.

Anyway, here is a little food for thought for those who don't think 8 billion humans with all their equipment and technology can't possibly have an effect on the climate.
One beaver in a valley of trees with a stream can, over a relatively short time, dam the stream, flood the valley, and completely change the micro-climate of the valley and surrounding area.
No, I am not suggesting beavers are a problem. Just a demonstration that if one small rodent with no tools or tech can do that, then the combined effects of 8 billion humans with machines, explosives, tech, etc, can easily effect climate on a global scale.
And how many beavers does it take to influence the climate? I believe you have mistakenly or misunderstood the definition of climate. Perhaps you meant to suggest that this one beaver's flatulence increases the temperature?
If you are suggesting that mankind is causing global warming, one could surmise that getting rid of mankind would cause an ice age.
Maybe when some suggest that an increase in population causes warming, then that would mean that high population areas should be very warm and low population areas very cold, OR maybe the large population is due to the warm weather drawing those that enjoy warm weather to the area.
Like I have stated before, once you all figure out how to manipulate the climate, please create a warmer yearly average temperature up North so that I can enjoy areas that have mountain ranges. This flat land of Florida is kind of boring.

Tags
cooling, affects, twc, pdo, warming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.