Cooling Is Coming

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2022, 06:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
i've asked you this in the past. Assuming your a qualified individual why dont you tell us here of the plots vs public information if you know something say something. Let us your audience determine the strenght of your argument about your exposes holding my breath
I don't have to prove anything. I'm not making the claim that man-made CO2 is causing climate change. So tell me, how much has man-made CO2 warmed the earth last year?
Old 12-11-2022, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikempp View Post
31,000 scientists reject global warming and say "no convincing evidence" that humans can or will cause global warming. It's all bologna. The earth cycles, it has for centuries.
Absolutely correct. I and at least one other here in The Villages signed that 31,487+ scientist "Global Warming Petition Project" in 2008.
Old 12-11-2022, 06:56 AM

The large amounts of snow in the west is a Blessing for that area. They have had drought conditions for years. The current weather will provide the water to be used for the growing season and help avoid forest fires. Not every weather condition is a crisis. Mother Nature usually knows what to do. If the world changes it won’t be because of Global warming it will be because of tyrants running the world who unleash their fury. That’s a subject for another day.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikempp View Post
31,000 scientists reject global warming and say "no convincing evidence" that humans can or will cause global warming. It's all bologna. The earth cycles, it has for centuries.
That's why they call it "climate change."
Old 12-11-2022, 07:48 AM
Veteran member

It's called "winter."
Old 12-11-2022, 08:05 AM

Thank you Sir I don’t really believe in global warming although I hate to see garbage on Gods earth thrown out of car windows. Keep our earth clean and let’s do our very best
Old 12-11-2022, 08:06 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

Ah the sir up you know what post that once again shows the uneducated don't know the difference between climate and weather.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:09 AM

Amen
Old 12-11-2022, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

How many "scientists" said smoking wasn't bad for you? Back in the day?
Old 12-11-2022, 08:27 AM

points to ponder

1. The global climate is global. So chatting about this place or that is meaningless.

2. The earth's climate is always changing. 1000 years ago Greenland was green.

3. Wrecking the US energy industry to cool the planet while China, India and the developing world increase their use of coal and gas makes no sense.

4. The only practical green energy source is nuclear. But climate zealots hate nuclear.

5. The real goal of the climate change agenda is government control of the energy industry.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loutapes View Post
The large amounts of snow in the west is a Blessing for that area. They have had drought conditions for years. The current weather will provide the water to be used for the growing season and help avoid forest fires. Not every weather condition is a crisis. Mother Nature usually knows what to do. If the world changes it won’t be because of Global warming it will be because of tyrants running the world who unleash their fury. That’s a subject for another day.
True that is.

I have family in Nevada and fly to Las Vegas with relative frequency, beginning about 1990.The difference in Lake Mead now as opposed to then is startling: MUCH smaller today. You can see the original high point on the rocks surrounding the lake, and even from the window of a 737 it is striking. Up close, I imagine even more so. Drought and higher demand for water have surely taken their toll. But as the post being responded to points out, every cloud has a silver lining. A lot of snow in the northwest mountains should improve those conditions significantly.

But this is far from the only example. Back in the early 1990s when I lived in Duluth, MN there was a lot of concern over falling lake levels. Hard on wildlife, spawning fish, etc. etc. But then things began to change and by 2014, Gitchee Gumee was at record or near-record highs--and THEN the concern changed to the eroding shoreline! Today, the lake has returned to just above average levels. But now the huge concern is the drought that has CAUSED the lake to return to "average"!

And in the prairie farm country of southern Minnesota a couple of decades or so back, much concern over the dramatically falling water table, brought on by drought and increased demand by farmers for irrigation water. Then several years of above-average rainfall, which alleviated concern over the water table but which (of course) raised significant concern over high waters causing eroding shoreline on the Mississippi and Minnesota rivers, habitat destruction for the pheasants, etc. etc.

What people don't realize is that "average" is a pipe dream. You can take a ten-year "average" of any natural phenomenon, then take the "average" of a 30-year span, ten years on either side of ten-year "average" and come up with something entirely different. It is essentially meaningless not just because so few "average" years of anything actually occur, but it is probably the most easily-manipulated datum around. Nature is cyclical, whether those cycles are millennia, centuries, decades, or years. Mother Nature ALWAYS compensates. And she always will, despite what the panic-mongers among us try to sow.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:35 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

This morning Yahoo blamed climate change for the inflation of some foods jumping 40% last month. Climate change is about money not climate. We have, and never will have, any control of the climate.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
i've asked you this in the past. Assuming your a qualified individual why dont you tell us here of the plots vs public information if you know something say something. Let us your audience determine the strenght of your argument about your exposes holding my breath
He never proves anything.....even admits he can't. He's some person stirring the pot waiting for his helping. of prunes to kick in.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:49 AM

“Global warming creating cooling, sounds like a oxymoron to me.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:52 AM
Cool From The Guardian

2 million-year-old DNA from northern Greenland has revealed that the region was once home to mastodons, lemmings and geese, offering unprecedented insights into how climate change can shape ecosystems.

"The breakthrough in ancient DNA analysis pushes back the DNA record by 1m years to a time when the Arctic region was 11-19 degrees C warmer than the present day. The analysis reveals that the northern peninsula of Greenland, now a polar desert, once featured boreal forests of poplar and birch trees teeming with wildlife. The work offers clues to how species might adapt, or be genetically engineered, to survive the threat of rapid global heating."

11 to 19 degrees warmer, and yet the planet survived -- without ice on Greenland.

Amazing.

It's as if not only is global warning bogus but on top of that, global warming is actually a good thing.
Closed Thread

Tags
cooling, affects, twc, pdo, warming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.