Did You Feel The Burn?

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2023, 10:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
So you didn't read ANY of the links debunking your claim.

Yes, that's the data... the data YOU choose to use... the data used in Post #67 on the other thread to debunk your claim.

Proof by repetitive assertion is no proof at all. Your claim has been debunked by several sources using the data you present as evidence.

.... still waiting for you to explain how you are correct and all the other sources are wrong.
You follow confirmation bias -- I follow data. Government data (both satellite and surface) temperature data show a 7-year cooling trend. Go ahead and plot the data, then show me your graph. What could go wrong?
Old 02-26-2023, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,396 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
You follow confirmation bias -- I follow data. Government data (both satellite and surface) temperature data show a 7-year cooling trend. Go ahead and plot the data, then show me your graph. What could go wrong?
Take a look at that Post #67 (can’t believe I’m writing that out again!), that is EXACTLY what I did

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-26-2023, 11:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
So you didn't read ANY of the links debunking your claim.

Yes, that's the data... the data YOU choose to use... the data used in Post #67 on the other thread to debunk your claim.

Proof by repetitive assertion is no proof at all. Your claim has been debunked by several sources using the data you present as evidence.

.... still waiting for you to explain how you are correct and all the other sources are wrong.
Here's my graph of the satellite data, 7-year cooling trend. I don't see your graph -- please post again.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	UAH.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	97102  
Old 02-26-2023, 11:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Here's my graph of the satellite data, 7-year cooling trend. I don't see your graph -- please post again.
Last time I am going to write this: follow the link above to Post #67 on the other thread. If you still don’t see the image then unblock me and you will.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-26-2023, 11:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Last time I am going to write this: follow the link above to Post #67 on the other thread. If you still don’t see the image then unblock me and you will.
How did you graph the data? I used Excel.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
How did you graph the data? I used Excel.
I know you did. That (using Excel) was how I was able to replicate your chart before creating mine.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-26-2023, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I know you did. That (using Excel) was how I was able to replicate your chart before creating mine.
Ok, now I see it -- below my graph. Thanks. Your graph shows the longer term warming trend, which started at the end of the Little Ice Age. Mine shows the shorter term 7-year cooling trend. Each tipping point has a starting point. Maybe the graph will later turn warmer again as the Little Ice Age thawing continues -- but no nobody knows. The important question is ... why the 7-year cooling while CO2 continues its upward track?
Old 02-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Ok, now I see it -- below my graph. Thanks. Your graph shows the longer term warming trend, which started at the end of the Little Ice Age. Mine shows the shorter term 7-year cooling trend. Each tipping point has a starting point. Maybe the graph will later turn warmer again as the Little Ice Age thawing continues -- but no nobody knows. The important question is ... why the 7-year cooling while CO2 continues its upward track?
There is no cooling trend. As explained in each of the links debunking that claim, the “trend” is a misunderstanding of data analysis or an intentional misrepresentation of the data.

You keep making the claim and I’ll keep posting the links to the debunking.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-26-2023, 12:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
There is no cooling trend. As explained in each of the links debunking that claim, the “trend” is a misunderstanding of data analysis or an intentional misrepresentation of the data.

You keep making the claim and I’ll keep posting the links to the debunking.
So why is there no warming for 7 years when CO2 keeps climbing?
Old 02-26-2023, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
In some people's minds, it is more important than a crime report with the number of murders.
Quote:
Was that mentor a professor of mass insignificance?
Quote:
There is that MYSTERY graph that appears every 3 weeks like a ghost of global warming deniers PAST.
Quote:
I think that I feel the burn of being burnt by anti-SCIENCE.
Quote:
Yes, it is a special discounted menu for people that drive to Paneras in an E-vehicle, an E-bike, or walk.
Quote:
Some people should spend their retirement years playing checkers to attain their maximum intellectual creativity.
Quote:
OK, now I see the grievous errors of my global warming ways. I see the light - praise the lords of TV Land climate science. I will begin to contact the 99% of scientists that are making a mistake by believing in Global Warming. Praise our TV Land Bubble saviors.
Quote:
I'll stick that thermometer 5 ft above ground.......to bad some are.
Quote:
As the song goes, "like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind".
Quote:
I keep waiting for the commercial about the monthly meeting of the weather or NOT club.
Quote:
That IS a tricky post. The question mark means IS Climate Change a hoax? But then enjoy the kool ade (aka aid) means to question that it IS a hoax. ....................very confusing........needing a mind reader to interpret.
Quote:
Quite a good question. Soon we will get the monthly commercial about Weather Club Lunar lunacy.
Quote:
Just one big conspiracy theory with ALL 99% of Climate Scientists heavily sedated and drugged.
Quote:
Oh, look, Rover, pretty colors.
Quote:
True that ! Nice to read some sanity for a change.
Quote:
OK, now I get it. the EARTH is getting WARMER and that allows the air to store more moisture. But, there is NO Global Warming. Sure that makes sense. Now I understand.
Quote:
Now, what about ALL that CO2 in the ocean and the upper atmosphere? Gee, I need some more clarification on that!
Quote:
That confused me a TINY bit. But I am sure that the holy grail of warming denial can recenter us.
Quote:
Oh contrair, it is an 8-year WARMING period.
That's gotta' be a record...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-28-2023, 04:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,383 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote:
Wishful thinking is no substitute for data. Here is some from NOAA ...
Really not interested in any selective data from either side of the argument.
I know winters are warmer from a simple fact.
I have grown Dahlias all my working life, and 65 years ago you had to lift them before winter or they would not survive in the ground.
Been leaving them in the ground for at least last 10-15 years, and never lose any, unless a very wet winter, and a few may rot off.
Winters are warmer.
DATA from my garden!
Old 02-28-2023, 06:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Really not interested in any selective data from either side of the argument.
I know winters are warmer from a simple fact.
I have grown Dahlias all my working life, and 65 years ago you had to lift them before winter or they would not survive in the ground.
Been leaving them in the ground for at least last 10-15 years, and never lose any, unless a very wet winter, and a few may rot off.
Winters are warmer.
DATA from my garden!
That "selective" data is important "recent" data which shows current, slight cooling. However, you are correct, because in the longer term, the winters are warmer. Everyone who attends the Weather Club knows that. (The public is being purposely kept in the dark about that.) The attached AMO (Atlantic Multi-decadal Index) shows the warming/cooling trends. The eastern U.S. is currently warmer than before ... and before that cooler ... and before that warmer -- it's a cycle. The western U.S. has been cooler because the Pacific (PDO) is cooling -- another cycle. Also, our summers are slowing cooling because of that PDO. All this (and more) to be discussed (again) at the next Weather Club meeting ... The Villages Weather Club
Closed Thread

Tags
degrees, weather, fahrenheit, confirming, man-made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.