Veteran member

Why are the glaciers melting?
Old 12-14-2022, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Ooo! Love a good conspiracy theory.
I doubt this global warming nonsense is a planned conspiracy, I think it is more a case of not letting a widespread narrative go to waste for whatever agenda is being driven, which then grows by its own inertia.

Look at it this way----you just finished your post-doctoral work in climatology with $300,000 in debt and have a provisional faculty appointment at a major university and want to continue your research with a government grant and publish papers to continue your career.

In the current environment, what do you think your chances of getting a federal grant are when your research premise is anthropogenic climate change is a myth????
Your chances of getting tenure???
Your chances of having publications accepted????

Basically, unless you have tremendous courage of convictions and are willing to risk poverty, unemployment and professional ridicule, you end up touting the party line of "man-made global warming" while biting your tongue.

And this is why 90% of "climate change experts" "believe" in global warming caused by human activity, even though the vast majority know better. Only the mavericks, independently wealthy and recently retired will tell us the truth
Old 12-14-2022, 07:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Global warming. Why do glaciers grow? Global cooling. How often do either occur? Dozens of times, cyclically, over the past 4 million years.

Impact human activity has had on this so far??? ABSOLUTELY ZERO.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

I have not seen any facts presented by the conspiracy minded posters. Just cherry picked data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I doubt this global warming nonsense is a planned conspiracy, I think it is more a case of not letting a widespread narrative go to waste for whatever agenda is being driven, which then grows by its own inertia.

Look at it this way----you just finished your post-doctoral work in climatology with $300,000 in debt and have a provisional faculty appointment at a major university and want to continue your research with a government grant and publish papers to continue your career.

In the current environment, what do you think your chances of getting a federal grant are when your research premise is anthropogenic climate change is a myth????
Your chances of getting tenure???
Your chances of having publications accepted????

Basically, unless you have tremendous courage of convictions and are willing to risk poverty, unemployment and professional ridicule, you end up touting the party line of "man-made global warming" while biting your tongue.

And this is why 90% of "climate change experts" "believe" in global warming caused by human activity, even though the vast majority know better. Only the mavericks, independently wealthy and recently retired will tell us the truth
Old 12-14-2022, 07:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I have not seen any facts presented by the conspiracy minded posters. Just cherry picked data.
Huh??????

How's this for a "fact" to start:

20,000 years ago NY City was covered in 2 miles of ice
Now the nearest ice pack is Greenland
Is this fact due to the internal combustion engine??????
Old 12-14-2022, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmarr View Post
Check out Weatherwarfare ... ever heard of control??..
Sure thing. In fact, that is generally the subject the Weather Club's February 16 talk ... The Villages Weather Club . This talk will include the famous D-Day weather forecast and other subjects such as HARP, Chemtrails, and much more.
Old 12-14-2022, 08:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

It is all about the money. Makes lots of friends very rich.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Glaciers have been melting, and growing, and melting and growing for millions of years. That's normal. Currently some are melting and some are growing. What really is at issue is ... how much has "man-made" CO2 altered earth's temperature last year? In the meantime, here is why the doomsday glacier is melting ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raR5YgFcIQQ
Old 12-14-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Here we go again. Experts keep forecasting global warming -- and the end of snow -- but instead it's just the opposite. Have you noticed that the Weather Channel never talks about climate change when talking about snow storms? But, it is talked about here ... The Villages Weather Club
Check some legitimate climate experts. Climate Change means that global weather patterns are changing significantly. There will be and has been more severe storms - all types of storms. "Global Warming" doesn't mean we won't see snow again in our lifetime.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Huh??????

How's this for a "fact" to start:

20,000 years ago NY City was covered in 2 miles of ice
Now the nearest ice pack is Greenland
Is this fact due to the internal combustion engine??????
We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
Check some legitimate climate experts. Climate Change means that global weather patterns are changing significantly. There will be and has been more severe storms - all types of storms. "Global Warming" doesn't mean we won't see snow again in our lifetime.
Here's one of many experts -- snow is no more.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	snow.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	96118  
Old 12-14-2022, 09:18 AM
Veteran member

I miss the snow. When I lived up north, I prayed for snow. All winter long .....
When snow was forecasted, if it wasn't more than a foot of snow, I was disappointed. I considered that just a "dusting". Give me three or four feet of snow in one snowfall, and I'm a happy camper.
It's the salty, sandy slush after the melting begins that's a PITA.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
It is all about the money. Makes lots of friends very rich.
True---can anyone spell "Solyndra"?????

And BTW, the ice caps did not melt away in 2010
Old 12-14-2022, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.
Agree. Now, since we are leaving the sphere of scientific fact and entering the world of prediction, who has the best crystal ball? The one backed by 4 million years of precedent or the one with 50-100 years of manipulated data to fulfill an agenda?
Old 12-14-2022, 09:46 AM

I see there are some posters here who continually trumpet the false narrative that Climate Change is a hoax like their buddy Donald Trump and other climate-change deniers. Myself and others have pointed them to those who are expert and organizations which specialize in the science of climate change and yet they continually look for exceptions that suggest they are right and those who have studied the environment and the science about how it functions are wrong.

They say those who claim Climate Change is happening have an agenda. Well, I'd like to know what their motive is?

If anyone has a motive to deny it, it's those who are causing it: the fossil fuel industry. Why? Because it's going to affect their bottom line and in essence end their obscene profits. Tell me, what motive does a scientist have in maintaining the narrative of Climate Change? Do they stand to make more money from it? Are they getting paid by corporate entities and foundations supported by the fossil fuel industry which does pay scientists to lie about climate change?

No, they have no motive. They aren't getting paid. They are simply telling the truth.

But no matter what we tell these deniers, they insist on ignoring it. Why? Because they refuse to accept the world is changing. But that is life; it is constantly changing and evolving. Just look at human society today. I'm not saying it's better or worse, but can you imagine same sex marriages 50 years ago?

Climate Change is happening, worldwide -- by the way, the anomaly sometimes mentioned about Greenland in the Middle Ages was region specific and not global.

Here's a few more of the anthropogenic (human-caused) climate change denying rebuttals:

1. It's caused by changes in heat from the sun -- debunked, the sun is actually giving off less heat; in turn, they then say an Ice Age is approaching

2.There have been periods when the earth's atmosphere was hotter -- yes, but they occurred after some catastrophic event like the earth colliding with an asteroid, like the one that killed off the dinosaurs

3. CO2 does not create heat -- yes, but it seals it in the atmosphere, which is its Green House Effect (GHE)

4. The Antarctic icecap is growing -- yes, but that's a superficial effect of the warming that is increasing a thin layer of snow but the actual truth is that it's melting the eons old icebergs.

5. Weather is variable and there always have been extreme weather events -- yes, but the extreme weather events have begun to show a pattern of increasing intensity because of the increased moisture caused by the warming, especially in the oceans. For instance, while the number of hurricanes has not increased, their intensity and the damage they cause has increased because of the increased moisture caused by the warming.

6. While the earth does undergo changes, never in geological history (except for catastrophic events like an asteroid hitting the earth) has the warming increased so fast as it has since the advent of the Industrial Revolution, and the pace of this warming has become even faster in recent years. Why do you think the following has been occurring:

A. Record breaking high temperatures in Siberia
B. The melting of the icebergs at the poles and the melting of the permafrost in Greenland and Siberia
C. Global outbreaks of wild forest fires
D. Global drying up of massive lakes
E. Rising sea levels, especially in the southern hemisphere
F. Displacement of wildlife and disruption of their living patterns, causing many extinctions
G. Because of these changes to the ecosystem, some believe it's causing greater susceptibility to pandemics.

Go to NASA, the NOAA websites. See what the scientists are saying. Watch the weather channel. Watch some videos online showing how the rising sea levels are causing poor people in the southern hemisphere to migrate, that show the melting icebergs and permafrost, that show the now navigable Arctic Ocean and decreasing habitat of the polar bears. There are plenty of videos online showing this.
Closed Thread

Tags
snow, end, channel, talks, climate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.