Getting even more disgusted....

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2023, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Yep. But, some just can't (or won't) grasp the notion.
OK, want to play?? I'll play.

Let's say you're right, and we are accelerating the current cycle of global warming that began 20,000 years ago. You're not disputing that the planet started to warm 20,000 years ago, are you, because that would be inane.

And let's also assume you are not disputing that we are currently in an ice age, are you? Because the geologic definition of an ice age is a period when Earth's pole are covered in ice. So it would be equally inane to dispute that.

And thirdly, I'll assume you are aware that during the past 4 1/2 million years of our current ice age there have been cycles of glaciation and interglacial thaws that have run about 70-120,000 years in length.

With me so far? You should be, since the above are just simply the FACTS.

So, back to human activity accelerating this process:

Since we have been warming for 20,000 years, and many times before that in previous cycles, what is the cause of all this warming PRIOR to humans burning fossil fuels? Best science suggests a combination of variations in Earth's orbit and changes in our axis, and of course the immense power of the sun.

Perhaps you should also be aware that the #1 greenhouse gas is NOT CO2 (which by the way is currently at a relatively LOW level) but water vapor. This is why the planet is about 10 degrees COOLER than when the dinosaurs roamed about---the rise of high mountains in the Rocky and Himalayan plateaus act as a heat sink by removing water vapor from the atmosphere.

So now we get to the point where opinion and speculation enter, since we simply don't have enough hard data to make logical conclusions. The climate change advocates want you to believe that some data scraped together from WEATHER records of the last 10,20,50,100 years explain the last 4 1/2 million years and predict the near and distant climate future. Does that make sense to anyone???? It simply isn't enough data for long enough time to draw any conclusions. You also have to believe that burning some fossil fuels and increasing CO2 in the atmosphere, which is already low, will somehow negate and overcome the power of the sun, Earth's orbit and axis changes. I don't think can change it all that much.

So lastly, assuming that all the facts and science that I just laid out is wrong and your opinion is right, what do you suggest we do about it??? How should we spend the $100 TRILLION that they want to spend over the next 50 years, bankrupting the world???? What technology do we have that will negate those immense forces that are driving climate change??? Switch to EVs that get 80% of their energy from fossil fuels instead of 100%? BFD. More solar and wind power??? Drop in the bucket.

Bottom line: The whole narrative is a scam, propagated by a few who stand to make substantial profit, and further promoted by those who simply don't know better---jumpers on the bandwagon, secondary gainers, or they just think it's "cool" or in line with their political leanings.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:25 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Climate change = money
Old 08-07-2023, 08:38 AM

Regardless of all of the discussion, my home insurance premiums are rising much faster than inflation. Capitalism seems to either be working or not.

15 insurance companies decided to leave Florida in the last year. They say they did that because they find the market unprofitable
Old 08-07-2023, 08:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel200 View Post
Regardless of all of the discussion, my home insurance premiums are rising much faster than inflation. Capitalism seems to either be working or not.

15 insurance companies decided to leave Florida in the last year. They say they did that because they find the market unprofitable
Right on topic
Old 08-07-2023, 09:04 AM
Location: NY, North Carolina, Georgia, Hawaii, Massachusetts, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Village of Bradford

Let's employ common sense here. I know, seems almost impossible. I don't dismiss that changes are occurring in an ever increasing populated world and as countries industrialize but I do look back at all of the alarmist theories over the last 30-50 years and see that very few predictions actually occurred. The Climate Change Agenda is a business, both a Political Agenda and a Profit Agenda. They sensationalize Climate Change, get the media to buy-in and the masses convinced the environment as we know it will drastically change and life on earth will suffer immeasurably Well, let's look again as historical evidence. Change has occurred throughout history and these times are no different, Earth and us will survive as we have for centuries.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:07 AM
Platinum member

This is a great forum. I am in awe just reading these posts. Everyone here is either a genius scientist or a genius lawyer. By the way, stay away from windmills, they cause cancer.

Living is easy with eyes closed
Old 08-07-2023, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
This is a great forum. I am in awe just reading these posts. Everyone here is either a genius scientist or a genius lawyer. By the way, stay away from windmills, they cause cancer.
Yes, thank you.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
if you say it long enough it becomes fact

how fables and fairy tales are created
Just wondering, is that statement the "P" word!!!!
Old 08-07-2023, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Homepage | National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

Find it hard to believe in a vast conspiracy to create an illusion about global warming.

Real conspiracies usually involve a small number of people who are acting for their own benefit.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Climate change = money
Medical care =money. Transportation =money. Food, shelter, clothing = money. Golf = money.
Right now, I am looking at the need for medical treatment for a potentially life threatening disease. It is going to cost me, one way or the other. I know I will spend the money. You might make a different choice. Ether way, someone will profit.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Medical care =money. Transportation =money. Food, shelter, clothing = money. Golf = money.
Right now, I am looking at the need for medical treatment for a potentially life threatening disease. It is going to cost me, one way or the other. I know I will spend the money. You might make a different choice. Ether way, someone will profit.
It's hardly the same thing, and you (or at least you should) know it
Old 08-07-2023, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I generally watch WFTV (ABC affiliate) in the morning for local news and weather. I have no idea about other stations, but for the last 2 weeks they have been pushing harder than ever their narrative of high temperatures. This morning they claimed that we have substantially higher temps than normal, and used the terms "unprecedented", and "dangerous". What is insidious is their use of "heat index" almost to the exclusion of actual temperatures so they can put triple number digits on their map. No comparison of these "heat indices" with past values are given.

OK, actual high temps in the Villages 7/27-8/3----94,96,95,96,96,98,96 avg 95.86
Oh, wait a minute, that was LAST year
This year, same dates---89,90,96,97,91,95,93 avg 93.00 or 2.86 deg COOLER
This is what the weatherman claimed is "substantially higher than usual". So I'm calling BS on that.
I can only assume that the news media has access to more complete temperature data than those numbers I just pulled off the accuweather website, so clearly they are LYING TO US. Why???? Is there an agenda at work here?

Meanwhile, pretty much all of Central Florida is under a heat advisory, which the weatherman stated was unusual. True, there was no heat advisory this time last year when it was 2.86 degrees WARMER. So why is that?

Well, heat advisories are issued by the National Weather Service, a division of NOAA which falls under the Department of Commerce, lead by a cabinet level secretary.
So, here is what they are doing:
"Today, U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina M. Raimondo announced funding opportunities from NOAA's $2.96 billion in Infrastructure Law funds to address the climate crisis and strengthen coastal resilience and infrastructure. Over the next five years, NOAA’s targeted investments in the areas of habitat restoration, coastal resilience, and climate data and services will advance ongoing federal efforts toward building climate resilience.

Looks like they're getting plenty of media support for their "efforts"

Draw your own conclusions, but IMHO it appears that reporting temps as heat indices, issuing heat advisories when it is actually cooler than last year, and Good Morning America's lead story every day on the weather serves to push the continuing false narrative of "global warming", for which a few figure to profit immensely.

Addendum: This morning's GMA story is about a glacier they hunted for that is melting at an "unprecedented" rate. Probably true, but there are other glaciers that are growing. And in another 40,000 years those glaciers will grow 2 miles of ice over much of the Northern Hemisphere.
I was born and raised right here in central florida. Have been to Disney more times than I can count and last week was the first time I’ve ever seen the inside of the first aid building, or had to be wheeled there due to heat exhaustion at 11:30 in the morning. I’m in my 50’s and in good health. It was hot!! Too hot! I asked the employees how long they have to work outside and they said one hour is the max then they switch and go in.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I was born and raised right here in central florida. Have been to Disney more times than I can count and last week was the first time I’ve ever seen the inside of the first aid building, or had to be wheeled there due to heat exhaustion at 11:30 in the morning. I’m in my 50’s and in good health. It was hot!! Too hot! I asked the employees how long they have to work outside and they said one hour is the max then they switch and go in.
Sorry that happened to you. But surely you are not suggesting that your one isolated personal experience is reflective of the last 4 1/2 million years of cyclical climate change.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:42 AM

I dunno. I just know it's getting easier and easier to maintain my tan.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Homepage | National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

Find it hard to believe in a vast conspiracy to create an illusion about global warming.

Real conspiracies usually involve a small number of people who are acting for their own benefit.
Never before has there been such a large audience. The media’s, both social and mainstream, only goal is to sensationalize every event. Everything now is exaggerated and larger than life in order to grab market share. It’s not news anymore it is theater whoever makes it most exciting wins.
Closed Thread

Tags
heat, year, temps, resilience, morning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.