Glacier Silence

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2022, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,677 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
To quote someone above, "Here we go again"

First of all, calling an individual a fool is an insult, referring to a large group of people who embrace a myth "indoctrinated" is simply factual. You are in essence objecting to someone calling Jim Jones' followers "cultists".

So accept the conclusions of WHICH scientists? Obviously, the ones that promulgate the myth of anthropogenic climate change. Then marginalize the rest???? And don't quote that bogus 90% agree garbage. We all know who gets the government grants and who gets the tenured university positions. Even a college student who raises his hand and states he doesn't believe in climate change caused by man will get slammed by the professor.
Which scientists? The ones you don't want to believe.
Embracing a myth? What if you are wrong and it isn't a myth, but truth? Would it be an insult then? Since we accept the evidence as correct, then your "indoctrinated" comment is an insult.
Government grants? Hmm? Are you intimating an International Climate Conspiracy? That is kind of what it seems like to me.
One thing we can both agree on is, I will not change what you believe, and you will not change what I believe.
So, I wish you a birdie on every hole but one. On that one hole, I wish you an Ace.y
Old 10-31-2022, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
call a meeting and your entire group can vote its outrage next tuesday
Thanks for identifying how science becomes corrupted -- by voting. Voting is not used in the Weather Club -- only data -- and how data confirms or rejects theories. Voting is used in politics to create consensus, which of course is not how science works. As Einstein said, "Genius abhors consensus, because when consensus is reached, thinking stops."
Old 10-31-2022, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,915 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Which scientists? The ones you don't want to believe.
Embracing a myth? What if you are wrong and it isn't a myth, but truth? Would it be an insult then? Since we accept the evidence as correct, then your "indoctrinated" comment is an insult.
Government grants? Hmm? Are you intimating an International Climate Conspiracy? That is kind of what it seems like to me.
One thing we can both agree on is, I will not change what you believe, and you will not change what I believe.
So, I wish you a birdie on every hole but one. On that one hole, I wish you an Ace.y
Thank you for the golfing best wishes

And I do accept the evidence as correct----but the evidence shows little to no impact on climate due to human activity---so no "insult" there.

International Climate Conspiracy? I don't think so, but it is pretty clear that government grants, tenured professorships, and even an "A" in a college course is highly dependent on proposing the political "flavor of the month" theories. I guarantee you, that today, if you apply for a grant to prove mankind has nothing to do with climate change, YOU WILL BE DENIED. Same for applying for the chair of the paleoclimatology department at UCLA. Fifty years ago, you would have denied a grant if you proposed that the world would not run out of oil in 20 years. That's just the way it is.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You didn’t really think they were paying for it did you? That’s what we’ve been trying to tell everyone, the tax payers pay for everything!
Old 10-31-2022, 10:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
In 2019 Glacier National Park (GNP) quietly removed numerous posters claiming that all glaciers would be gone by 2020. They used our tax monies to create those fake signs (with great public attention) and then removed them -- quietly. And now something else has gone quiet. They would annually post a glacier report listing the status of each mapped glacier. They stopped producing those valuable reports 7 years ago. In essence, they are denying tax payers important glacier status information. For those who attend the Weather Club, you already know that surface and satellite temperature data have shown a slow cooling trend for the last 7 years -- the same years GNP has been silent. We should demand better value for tax monies.
You have anything to back this wild statement up? Reason I'm asking is I've been going to GNP for many years....close to 40 to be exact. I've hiked almost every inch of it......I've NEVER EVER seen any sign claiming there would not be any glaciers in the park come 2020. Surly someone in this weather club could produce ONE sign. I'll wait......
Old 10-31-2022, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
You have anything to back this wild statement up? Reason I'm asking is I've been going to GNP for many years....close to 40 to be exact. I've hiked almost every inch of it......I've NEVER EVER seen any sign claiming there would not be any glaciers in the park come 2020. Surly someone in this weather club could produce ONE sign. I'll wait......
Everything I say I can back up with data ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afa6mMMuZhg
Old 10-31-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Glacier National Park is replacing signs that predicted its glaciers would be gone by 2020 - CNN

I’ve been there many times and remember seeing the signs and displays.
Old 10-31-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
In 2019 Glacier National Park (GNP) quietly removed numerous posters claiming that all glaciers would be gone by 2020. They used our tax monies to create those fake signs (with great public attention) and then removed them -- quietly. And now something else has gone quiet. They would annually post a glacier report listing the status of each mapped glacier. They stopped producing those valuable reports 7 years ago. In essence, they are denying tax payers important glacier status information. For those who attend the Weather Club, you already know that surface and satellite temperature data have shown a slow cooling trend for the last 7 years -- the same years GNP has been silent. We should demand better value for tax monies.
Could it be that the facts don't align with the Left's narrative?
Old 10-31-2022, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,389 Times in 2,523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
Could it be that the facts don't align with the Left's narrative?
And that reply just about describes why it's impossible these days to have a sensible disagreement, or debate, on any subject.
Politics!
Old 10-31-2022, 11:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
And that reply just about describes why it's impossible these days to have a sensible disagreement, or debate, on any subject.
Politics!
Yes it is possible -- for those who are willing to look at the data -- which is why the Weather Club grows in numbers after each session.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Ahhh, but they claim the statement is only PARTLY FALSE. The decimal point was in the wrong place, BUT it still shows some cooling, even if not as much as stated. AND there is no absolute proof that suggests that it is mankind's cause that any change has occurred.
And they say it’s too short of a period of time. I say only going back to 1880 is not long enough either in order to get a true picture.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:58 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
It's become a "disease", a "pandemic" actually; if it supports MY personal view, it's a FACT, if it supports a different view or opinion, then it's "dis-information" ! We don't even question the fallacy of using that method to determine "fact" any more. What will happen to the ACTUAL scientific method of investigation ? Will it not even be taught any more ? Everything seems to have gone emotionally based, all decisions, all facts, all arguments on all subjects from "effectiveness to masks" to the results of warming and cooling trends on earth, seem to be based on just "emotional feelings" ! ! I think we are in real trouble when we confuse science with emotions, and we vote, make purchases, choose our personal philosophy solely on FEELINGS ?
Old 10-31-2022, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
So a 7-year trend that shows cooling is more significant than a 150-year trend that shows warming but a 150-year trend that shows warming is not more significant than a 4-million year trend that shows cooling? Is it the time span that matters or the trend that matters?

I used to attend the Weather Club but stopped when it became (or I realized that it was) a platform for only a particular point of view.
What matters is whether the "facts" being presented validate the point of view of the person reading them.

Or not.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
It was recently explained to me on this very site that a fact checker is someone, usually with pink hair, that owns a printer and a computer.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeCurmudgeon View Post
Here he goes again.

A fool will never admit his foolishness. What does it matter. He will die before things get serious enough for him to worry about it. It's his grandchildren's problem. The thing is the 150 years mark the time when the Industrial Revolution began and that's the problem.
The industrial revolution is a problem?
Closed Thread

Tags
glacier, years, tax, removed, monies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.