Have you ever considered Whole Home Surge Protection?

Old 03-18-2024, 11:33 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Lightbulb Have you ever considered Whole Home Surge Protection?

Hello to all! This is Casandra with Pike's Electric.
Have you ever considered a whole home surge protector for your home's electrical panel? Not sure where to start or what is involved? I'd love to offer you some information.
We are offering a promotional price on our surge protector, the Eaton Ultra. This includes protection for your home's: refrigerators, range, dishwasher, washer, dryer, A/C, and so much more. If you do not have this protection, you are at risk of having to replace those appliances due to sudden surge damage to the internal sensitive components. This unit is backed with a lifetime warranty that is unbeatable.

Surges most commonly occur during inclement weather conditions from nearby lightning strikes, power line damages or issues, but can also occur due to power company issues without weather conditions or even internal failure of equipment in your home causing a change in voltage/surge to travel within the home's wiring.

We can install it at your home's main electrical panel, as long as you have two open breaker circuits available. No need to disconnect your home's power for installation and done within an hour! No spaces available or unsure? No problem, just give me a ring or email and I am happy to assist you further (cnelson@pikeselectric.com).

This promotional price runs through 7/1/24. Normally we charge $545.00 installed.
The price for the promotion is $515.00
NO other discounts can be used in combination with this price.
I look forward to telling you more about the whole home surge protection if you would like to call in (352)748-6251

(352)748-6251
Old 03-18-2024, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

We have a metal roof, and surge protectors for the computer and other devices. The stove/oven and refrigerator all have one foot in the grave, so replacing them would be a much-appreciated relief, in my opinion. Hubby keeps things til they stop working, even if they're not working well. I'd definitely prefer letting them go zzzzzzzttttt and replacing them, and not preserving their miserable existences another few years.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:33 AM
Default Advertisement ?

I've never seen an advertisement in this blog. I thought this was for Villagers only.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:36 AM

Nothing will help you with a Direct strike. You can put a device in your breaker box that is easy to self install and only cost a few hundred dollars that will save your electrical items from damage by a near by strike.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillarick View Post
I've never seen an advertisement in this blog. I thought this was for Villagers only.
OP is a TOTV Sponsor. Note the Red lettering alerting this is a Sponsor. There are many TOTV sponsors who advertise on this site
Old 03-19-2024, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
This isn't a blog. It's a forum. And there are sponsors who pay to keep the forum running. Pike's Electric is one of the sponsors.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:56 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:

Hello Gorillarick. Talk of The Villages actually offers chosen contractors to be members of the site and we can post and communicate with customers/potential customers. It is only available to companies they set up however. You can find these recommended contractors at the button at the top of the page called "Home Improvements" we are happy to be part of it

(352)748-6251
Old 03-19-2024, 02:58 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRcorvette View Post
Nothing will help you with a Direct strike. You can put a device in your breaker box that is easy to self install and only cost a few hundred dollars that will save your electrical items from damage by a near by strike.
Bingo JRcorvette! We see surge damage very commonly during inclement weather, afternoon thunderstorms that roll in some nasty weather, especially in the summer months and hurricane season. It is best to have peace of mind, no matter the time of year, as surges are not friendly. We highly recommend though, for a surge protector, that a certified, licensed electrician, perform this installation. You are at risk of not recieving coverage through any insurance claims/warranty on appliance and throughout home if you have someone unlicensed perform work in your home's panel. Appreciate your time commenting - Casandra

(352)748-6251
Old 03-20-2024, 05:22 AM
Veteran member

We have had a whole house surge protector installed in our last three homes. Cost is outweighed by our peace of mind. Will it protect against a direct lightening strike? I don’t know. But for a couple of bucks a month over the years it makes sense to me. It is also a selling point when you move. If you can afford it why not install another level of protection?? At the very least it will smooth out those surges
Old 03-20-2024, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
We have a metal roof, and surge protectors for the computer and other devices. The stove/oven and refrigerator all have one foot in the grave, so replacing them would be a much-appreciated relief, in my opinion. Hubby keeps things til they stop working, even if they're not working well. I'd definitely prefer letting them go zzzzzzzttttt and replacing them, and not preserving their miserable existences another few years.
Thanks for the laugh. My wife is in the other room and said “what are you giggling at”.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:07 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeselectric View Post
Hello to all! This is Casandra with Pike's Electric.
Have you ever considered a whole home surge protector for your home's electrical panel? Not sure where to start or what is involved? I'd love to offer you some information.
We are offering a promotional price on our surge protector, the Eaton Ultra. This includes protection for your home's: refrigerators, range, dishwasher, washer, dryer, A/C, and so much more. If you do not have this protection, you are at risk of having to replace those appliances due to sudden surge damage to the internal sensitive components. This unit is backed with a lifetime warranty that is unbeatable.

Surges most commonly occur during inclement weather conditions from nearby lightning strikes, power line damages or issues, but can also occur due to power company issues without weather conditions or even internal failure of equipment in your home causing a change in voltage/surge to travel within the home's wiring.

We can install it at your home's main electrical panel, as long as you have two open breaker circuits available. No need to disconnect your home's power for installation and done within an hour! No spaces available or unsure? No problem, just give me a ring or email and I am happy to assist you further (cnelson@pikeselectric.com).

This promotional price runs through 7/1/24. Normally we charge $545.00 installed.
The price for the promotion is $515.00
NO other discounts can be used in combination with this price.
I look forward to telling you more about the whole home surge protection if you would like to call in (352)748-6251
This week two guys from Pike’s Electric installed three exhaust fans and two ceiling boxes and two switches in four hours. I provided the fans and switches. The labor for four hours of work was $1300 total. I was very pleased with their work and the price. The only down side is that they are popular because they are good and fair. From asking for an estimate to getting an estimate to getting the work done took at least six weeks. But it was worth it.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

Whole house surge protectors are a must to have. You have options on how to install them; 1 method is in the panel like advertised here, the other is before the panel at the meter, which is the method I have used in my last 5 houses. You get these through the utlity company for a small fee billed to your electric bill. It also comes with an insurance package to reimburse for damage, but the more important reasons I use at the meter surge protectors is it can save your wiring inside your panel and since you are leasing the unit from the electric company, they will come out and check on it or replace it for free if damaged (15 year warranty) and then replace it before the 15 year warranty runs out to start a new warranty. Surge protectors installed in the panel are the responsibility of the home owner after the initial install or maybe after a short warranty period. Pikes electric can elaborate on house calls or repair costs.

Many years ago we had a meter surge protector from our electric company and a crew dropped a tree over a set of high power transmission lines that caused many of our neighbors electrical boxes to start smoking and some had their microwaves, furnaces, and appliances fail because of this surge. We had no issue except the utility came out and replaced the surge protector at the meter. Surges can be caused by many different occurrences not just by lightning.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:09 AM
Thumbs down Advertisement

Replying to a post is one thing.

Advertisers starting a post - shouldn't be here.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:12 AM
Default not needed

Our central FL location doesn't need them enough to be worth it
Old 03-20-2024, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Replying to a post is one thing.

Advertisers starting a post - shouldn't be here.
So would you be willing to fund TOTV if they take your advice to curb sponsors?

Tags
homes, surge, price, home, protection

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.