Hottest September Ever Recorded by a LOT Don't listen to the deniers / liars

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2023, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,180 Times in 835 Posts
Default Hottest September Ever Recorded by a LOT Don't listen to the deniers / liars

This graph uses as a zero point the temperature average over a 30 year period from 1991 to 2020. Of course this was a period when temps were already moving upward as you can see looking at how no years prior to 2002 were warmer than that average. So when a person who regularly posts that we are in a cooling trend selectively uses a single hot year as a baseline, know you are being manipulated and lied to.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	sep.jpg
Views:	4422
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	100465  
Old 10-05-2023, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Can you provide a link to your information? Not sure but it seems like your information is pointed toward Europe, right? Interesting, but it also appears like you are attempting to debate your view against someone else's.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Certainly matches my personal experience. I remember snowmobiling most weekends in the 70s, maybe one year in the early 80s, and rarely enough snow to cover the ground now. I also remember not even considering AC in the early 80s but now you can barely live without it.

Good luck with the deniers.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-05-2023, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Certainly matches my personal experience. I remember snowmobiling most weekends in the 70s, maybe one year in the early 80s, and rarely enough snow to cover the ground now. I also remember not even considering AC in the early 80s but now you can barely live without it.

Good luck with the deniers.
And now they are calling for a record "COLDEST" winter due to El Nino. I moved to Florida to get away from cold weather and so far I have been surprised by some pretty cold nights during the "winter" months.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
This graph uses as a zero point the temperature average over a 30 year period from 1991 to 2020. Of course this was a period when temps were already moving upward as you can see looking at how no years prior to 2002 were warmer than that average. So when a person who regularly posts that we are in a cooling trend selectively uses a single hot year as a baseline, know you are being manipulated and lied to.
That's fine----SO WHAT??????

8 year cooling trend, 30 year warming trend, 150 years of warming----SO WHAT. It means nothing in the last 4.5 million years of our current ICE AGE marked by 70-120,000 years of alternating periods of glaciation and interglacial thaws. Our current warming trend started about 19,000 years ago and will probably continue for the next 25-30,000 years. At the peak of warming, most of Florida will be gone and our coastal cities will be under 200-400 feet of water, AS IT HAS BEEN AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES OVER THOSE 4.5 MILLION YEARS. And guess what? Fifty thousand year or so later, NYC will once again be covered by 2 miles of ice, AS IT HAS BEEN AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES OVER THOSE 4.5 MILLION YEARS. And now for the harsh reality---none of that was influenced by any human (or humanoid) activity. NONE OF IT.

So, the climate change alarmists can go on spouting their garbage. Those few in the position to profit from all the hype will make $billions if not $trillions. The lemmings will march off and buy their EVs and put solar panels on their roofs. The media will continue to push this false narrative---and guess what again---none of it will make the slightest difference. We simply do not have the technology to challenge the power of the sun, Earth's orbit and precession of our axis.

And finally, as a promise to one who is constantly sounding the imminent disaster alarm, here is a picture. It was taken last month off the Isle of Capri in the Mediterranean (well actually, the Gulf of Naples) at high tide. The dark line along the cliff about 15-20 feet ABOVE the water (above the boat on the left, sorry about the resolution but it was hazy) is erosion from where the sea level was 2,000 years ago when Ceasar Augustus ruled. So much for ocean levels rising in the last 2,000 years, and at the current rate of rise we have quite a long time just to get back to the level of Roman times. Yes, we'll get there and hundreds of feet more, but not in the next decades, but in many millennia.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Capri ocean level.jpg
Views:	2653
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	100466  
Old 10-05-2023, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

My time so far on this planet covers the whole of that graph.
It is obvious, whatever data is thrown up to the contrary, that over that period winters are no where near as cold.
The simple reason is, many plants now survive winters in the ground, which would not have done so over 20 years ago.
Gardens can tell you many things, as Nature does not take prisoners.

Man made? Natural climate progression?
Old 10-05-2023, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
And finally, as a promise to one who is constantly sounding the imminent disaster alarm, here is a picture. It was taken last month off the Isle of Capri in the Mediterranean (well actually, the Gulf of Naples) at high tide. The dark line along the cliff about 15-20 feet ABOVE the water (above the boat on the left, sorry about the resolution but it was hazy) is erosion from where the sea level was 2,000 years ago when Ceasar Augustus ruled. So much for ocean levels rising in the last 2,000 years, and at the current rate of rise we have quite a long time just to get back to the level of Roman times. Yes, we'll get there and hundreds of feet more, but not in the next decades, but in many millennia.
You believe sea levels fell 15-20 feet in the 1500 years preceding the "discovery" of the new world (assuming the coast hasn't changed much since that time)? They say a picture is worth a thousand words - it would be nice to see even a few hundred confirming and explaining that.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-05-2023, 01:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
You believe sea levels fell 15-20 feet in the 1500 years preceding the "discovery" of the new world (assuming the coast hasn't changed much since that time)? They say a picture is worth a thousand words - it would be nice to see even a few hundred confirming and explaining that.
No, I'm stating that the sea level, at least in that part of the Mediterranean Sea, was 15-20 feet HIGHER 2000 years ago. It may very well be rising since some time after hitting a low point, we know it is currently rising. And it will continue to rise. And it's not me stating it, it was an expert on local history and geography.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:59 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,091 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post

Very interesting. And here is a graph that includes the ACTUAL hottest year ever recorded in the United States -- 1938.

Believe it or not, the word "ever" also includes about 4 billion years of history that occurred before we were even a gleam in our father's eye.

Before you condemn 7 billion people for poverty to adjust the thermostat to your liking, maybe you should try to explain why a year your parents would have remembered was hotter than any year you have experienced since Al Gore told you the world would end in 2017 due to "global warming".
Old 10-05-2023, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
…Man made? Natural climate progression?
Bingo.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
My time so far on this planet covers the whole of that graph.
It is obvious, whatever data is thrown up to the contrary, that over that period winters are no where near as cold.
The simple reason is, many plants now survive winters in the ground, which would not have done so over 20 years ago.
Gardens can tell you many things, as Nature does not take prisoners.

Man made? Natural climate progression?
WOW---you're old (just kidding)
But.....your lifespan and that graph covers 0.00018% of our current ice age and 0.00000018% of the climate history of the Earth.
So CLEARLY, OVERWHELMINGLY natural climate progression with a smidgeon of recent man-made thrown in.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:46 PM

Since I am not a geologist, I would be interested how much of the change that you have noted is due to plate tectonics - the African plate moving into the Eurasian plate in the Mediterranean Sea.

( I forgot to add the quote showing the picture of rocks in the Mediterranean, sorry)

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)
Old 10-05-2023, 02:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
Since I am not a geologist, I would be interested how much of the change that you have noted is due to plate tectonics - the African plate moving into the Eurasian plate in the Mediterranean Sea.

( I forgot to add the quote showing the picture of rocks in the Mediterranean, sorry)
No idea, but logically if the Eurasian and African plates were moving closer to each other, the width of the Mediterranean would narrow and raise the water level. Of course, plates move quite slowly (except in earthquakes, but that is a release of tension and not continental drift), and can be measure in millions of years, so 2,000 years, appears, at least empirically, to be too short a time frame.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Very interesting. And here is a graph that includes the ACTUAL hottest year ever recorded in the United States -- 1938.

Believe it or not, the word "ever" also includes about 4 billion years of history that occurred before we were even a gleam in our father's eye.

Before you condemn 7 billion people for poverty to adjust the thermostat to your liking, maybe you should try to explain why a year your parents would have remembered was hotter than any year you have experienced since Al Gore told you the world would end in 2017 due to "global warming".
Perhaps instead of saying we heard it on the internet it must be true, should say Al Gore said and it must be ______.
Old 10-05-2023, 03:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Perhaps instead of saying we heard it on the internet it must be true, should say Al Gore said and it must be ______.
Isn't that the same thing, since he invented it???
Closed Thread

Tags
period, year, average, person, hottest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.