Hottest September Ever Recorded by a LOT Don't listen to the deniers / liars

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2023, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,180 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Can you provide a link to your information? Not sure but it seems like your information is pointed toward Europe, right? Interesting, but it also appears like you are attempting to debate your view against someone else's.
The very first couple words are your link, Note that per the routine on this website they are a different color. Click on it
Old 10-05-2023, 07:28 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Blueblaze;2262862]Very interesting. And Here is a link that works that will debunk your statement about it being the hottest year ever in the US and clarifying that global climate change means GLOBAL not just a local area.
Note that the data in the graph at this link only go to 2016. While the middle of the 1930s was exceptionally hot in the US and Canada this was a local phenomenon, part and parcel of the dust belt disaster. Interestingly the winters were brutally cold.
Old 10-05-2023, 07:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
So how was your vacation?
Haven't been on a vacation. No idea what you might be suggesting.
Old 10-05-2023, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
Since the Mediterranean Sea isn't a closed body of water, why would the level rise if it got narrower?
At one time I think it was closed. But that's irrelevant since continental drift is not a factor here
Old 10-05-2023, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Haven't been on a vacation. No idea what you might be suggesting.

Just haven’t seen you posting in a while.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Certainly matches my personal experience. I remember snowmobiling most weekends in the 70s, maybe one year in the early 80s, and rarely enough snow to cover the ground now. I also remember not even considering AC in the early 80s but now you can barely live without it.

Good luck with the deniers.
I treat the deniers the same as people with face/neck tattoos or orange spray tan treatments. Easy way to identify low IQ people.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I treat the deniers the same as people with face/neck tattoos or orange spray tan treatments. Easy way to identify low IQ people.
Let's just say that I am a skeptic, I may or may not be, but for the sake of argument let's assume I am. So what? Why is it important that I or anyone else believe you? What difference does it make? Just asking.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrjck View Post
Let's just say that I am a skeptic, I may or may not be, but for the sake of argument let's assume I am. So what? Why is it important that I or anyone else believe you? What difference does it make? Just asking.
It has become like a religion for some people.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:33 AM

Let's not forget that during past warm periods, the earth had the greatest amount of life and biodiversity. The planet was not some great sahara desert. Quite the contrary. That much moisture, unlocked into our atmosphere, caused prime conditions for life to thrive. The coldest periods come with the least amount of life.
Old 10-06-2023, 05:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Really?

First of all, we need to get the definitions straight:
The true "deniers" are those that lack the intellect or education to understand that the climate has been changing for billions of years, the most recent change is that we have been in an ICE AGE for the last 4.5 million years. They don't understand that during this time there have been repetitive cycles of glaciation and interglacial thaws over a dozen times. They don't understand that we are on the warming arm of these cycles, and that started about 19,000 years ago, WITH NO HELP FROM HUMANS. They don't understand that the #1 greenhouse gas is water vapor, not CO2. They have no understanding of paleoclimatology.

As far as identifying those with a low IQ,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 10-06-2023, 05:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarAirlines View Post
It has become like a religion for some people.
More like a cult. Except those propagating it are likely to make a whole lot more profit than Jim Jones
Old 10-06-2023, 05:18 AM

I'll believe in Global Warming when the proponents of global warming live their lives as if it is true. (Like stop flying your private jets to Davos to tell us to reduce our carbon footprint). Rules for thee, but not for me.
Old 10-06-2023, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That's fine----SO WHAT??????

8 year cooling trend, 30 year warming trend, 150 years of warming----SO WHAT. It means nothing in the last 4.5 million years of our current ICE AGE marked by 70-120,000 years of alternating periods of glaciation and interglacial thaws. Our current warming trend started about 19,000 years ago and will probably continue for the next 25-30,000 years. At the peak of warming, most of Florida will be gone and our coastal cities will be under 200-400 feet of water, AS IT HAS BEEN AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES OVER THOSE 4.5 MILLION YEARS. And guess what? Fifty thousand year or so later, NYC will once again be covered by 2 miles of ice, AS IT HAS BEEN AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES OVER THOSE 4.5 MILLION YEARS. And now for the harsh reality---none of that was influenced by any human (or humanoid) activity. NONE OF IT.

So, the climate change alarmists can go on spouting their garbage. Those few in the position to profit from all the hype will make $billions if not $trillions. The lemmings will march off and buy their EVs and put solar panels on their roofs. The media will continue to push this false narrative---and guess what again---none of it will make the slightest difference. We simply do not have the technology to challenge the power of the sun, Earth's orbit and precession of our axis.

And finally, as a promise to one who is constantly sounding the imminent disaster alarm, here is a picture. It was taken last month off the Isle of Capri in the Mediterranean (well actually, the Gulf of Naples) at high tide. The dark line along the cliff about 15-20 feet ABOVE the water (above the boat on the left, sorry about the resolution but it was hazy) is erosion from where the sea level was 2,000 years ago when Ceasar Augustus ruled. So much for ocean levels rising in the last 2,000 years, and at the current rate of rise we have quite a long time just to get back to the level of Roman times. Yes, we'll get there and hundreds of feet more, but not in the next decades, but in many millennia.
So Well Said

I am so sick of these Climate Cultist.

Nothing They propose will do anything to change the climate, only make everybody poorer chasing this ridiculous folly
Old 10-06-2023, 05:37 AM
Veteran member

Minus 108 wind chill in Antartica yesterday. Things are really warming up.

Take cover, the end is coming.
Old 10-06-2023, 05:40 AM
Veteran member

I’m not a denier or a liar but if you think you can in anyway change the climate ,you are in a fantasy world. If the Hair on Fire about it crowd think humans are the cause then maybe India and China should do something about their massive pollution problems. This country has the strictest anti pollutions laws in the world.
Closed Thread

Tags
period, year, average, person, hottest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.