Hottest September Ever Recorded by a LOT Don't listen to the deniers / liars

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2023, 05:52 AM

Climate activists/climate so called scientists (like Al “know nothing” gore, or Greta “know even less than gore” Thunberg) have been pushing these “sky is falling” propagandas for 100 years. How many scare tactics do we need to hear/see before we just say all of this is BS?

For example, if it is true that 1938 was the warmest year, isn’t it a coincidence that the graph presented to us here started in 1940? We do have temperature records going back 100 years so the graph could be extended.

Just like prior posts on TOTV, why is it that these so called climate experts/activists claim we will be under water or even perished in a ten year timeframe? Predictions made decades ago about Miami/LA will be under water because of glacier thawing are simply not true but it doesn’t stop them for continuing their propaganda. Now we have around 6 years left before we perish if we don’t get rid of gas cars and all the farting cows!
Old 10-06-2023, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,117 Times in 4,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrnnr View Post
So Well Said

I am so sick of these Climate Cultist.

Nothing They propose will do anything to change the climate, only make everybody poorer chasing this ridiculous folly
Unfortunately, it's getting worse. How many corporations are now stating their "climate friendly pledge". Just their policy and thinking is blowing enough hot air to make global warming a self-fulfilling prophecy. Then add the hot air bloviation from the media. I'm afraid, that similar to the thousands of useless new positions in corporate America and academia that were artificially created for God knows what reason, we will see "Climate Change Officers" springing up all over the place. They will ensure compliance with the "climate change policy". Offer subsidies to those that buy EVs, bigger bonuses to those that walk to work, penalize those that "warm up" their car in 20 below weather conditions. Then the pendulum can swing even further so as to mandate living within walking distance of work, forcing business travel to be via train or bus. Mandatory training on how to reduce carbon footprints to zero. And all the time the climate change elite will be flying in private jets and taking out private yachts. Yep, the future is bright
Old 10-06-2023, 06:10 AM

What’s the difference between Climate Change and Weather Cycles? How do you know the current trend is which? How much is attributed to nature and how much is human activity? What scientific repeatable data proves the amount contributed by human activity and the amount contributed by nature? How much climate change is based on consensus of “scientists”? Please answer these questions.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:12 AM

Thank you for your intelligent and factual rebuttal to the sheepies who go along with whatever the fake news and crooked government agencies put out as the narrative of the day.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,550 Times in 2,144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
I’m not a denier or a liar but if you think you can in anyway change the climate ,you are in a fantasy world. If the Hair on Fire about it crowd think humans are the cause then maybe India and China should do something about their massive pollution problems. This country has the strictest anti pollutions laws in the world.
You deny that man can impact climate change but somehow that doesn't make you a denier?

India and China feel that fighting poor living conditions and famine is more important right now. This was the subject of a long thread about a year ago. As we make progress towards greener power generation and transportation, they will be able to make use of it to solve their humanitarian problems while decreasing their pollution problems.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-06-2023, 06:18 AM

Wow, you captured the most significant 60 years in the history of the universe to shut us down. I can't believe I almost missed seeing the light.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerry View Post
What’s the difference between Climate Change and Weather Cycles? How do you know the current trend is which? How much is attributed to nature and how much is human activity? What scientific repeatable data proves the amount contributed by human activity and the amount contributed by nature? How much climate change is based on consensus of “scientists”? Please answer these questions.
There are many studies, graphs, discussions, lectures, and other publications that answer these questions. The information is readily available to any who are truly interested in the facts, the science behind the facts, and the data that supports the science.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-06-2023, 06:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
You deny that man can impact climate change but somehow that doesn't make you a denier?
Likewise, aren't those that dismiss the last 4.5 million years of paleoclimatology the true deniers????? Or, as that Joyce Bay whatever idiot on "The View" would say----"da--nye-ah"
Old 10-06-2023, 06:35 AM

We are definitely in a warming trend for some time but if anyone thinks that we are the cause of it then they must be watching msnbc regularly.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:46 AM

We are above the frost line so yes, we get colder nights. 1-2 frosts per year.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:48 AM

1. Important to differentiate climate change from pollution. We can do something to stop polluting the environment. We cannot do anything to stop climate change.

2. Human activity is not causing climate change. There are many other factors which are responsible:
a) geologic events like volcanic activity in the short term, and plate tectonics longer term
b) Earth's axis wobble changes the tilt along with its oval orbit around the sun, causing the Earth to be closer and farther away from the Sun.
c) celestial events like the great collisions from large meteors and/or comets over the Earth's history.

It's folly to think that humanity can stop climate change.

We will have better outcomes if we all learn how to adapt to that inevitable climate change, whether it's cooling or warming.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 10-06-2023, 06:58 AM

Oh, what to do about it? What to do?

Limit each person’s air flights to 4 per year like France? Have the government require every new vehicle sold after 2034 to be zero emission like California? Forced reduction of the human population with a limit of one natural child per couple like China (did), a la one branch of climate activists like Greta Thunberg, Time Magazine’s person of the year for 2019.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0123.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	100472  
Old 10-06-2023, 07:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Also fair enough. But there is a huge difference between a puddle in a city street and being under 400 feet of water. But then again, no one knows for certain what the "expected" sea rise will be. I suspect it is different in each of the dozen or more freeze/thaw cycles we've had over the last 4.5 million years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Likewise, aren't those that dismiss the last 4.5 million years of paleoclimatology the true deniers????? Or, as that Joyce Bay whatever idiot on "The View" would say----"da--nye-ah"
Dismissing the last 4.5M years as irrelevant is not denying that the climate, the geology, and many other things were different then. That was then, this is now. Things were different then, we are living now. What happened then did happen and presents a baseline to identify the deviation resulting from manmade causes.

Perhaps in 4.5M years the oceans will dry up - I will not be here to see it. Perhaps in 1M years my house would be under 400 feet of water without manmade climate change but again, I will not be here to see it. My concern is for the next 100 years.

To be clear, I could not care less about 400 feet of water over my house; the things that I care about are much, much smaller. I care about the water that comes up through the street drains at normal high tides. I worry more about the water that is now standing in the streets at the drains at low tides. I worry about the inches of water the homeowners in Shore Acres in St Petersburg drive though on a regular basis.

I could not care less about 400 feet above my house some million years in the future, I worry about the possibility of one inch of water driving people out of their homes in the next few decades.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-06-2023, 07:07 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,119 Times in 310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I treat the deniers the same as people with face/neck tattoos or orange spray tan treatments. Easy way to identify low IQ people.
Brilliant way to convince yourself that you've won the argument! In fact, it's exactly the same tactic my granddaughter uses to win every argument with her little bother -- just accuse your opponent of being a poopy-head!

Why bother to understand any pesky facts that might interfere with your own brilliant analysis of every situation? When you're always right, it's obvious that everyone else is just a poopy-head! So just remind them, and you've won!
Old 10-06-2023, 07:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Dismissing the last 4.5M years as irrelevant is not denying that the climate, the geology, and many other things were different then. That was then, this is now. Things were different then, we are living now. What happened then did happen and presents a baseline to identify the deviation resulting from manmade causes.

Perhaps in 4.5M years the oceans will dry up - I will not be here to see it. Perhaps in 1M years my house would be under 400 feet of water without manmade climate change but again, I will not be here to see it. My concern is for the next 100 years.

To be clear, I could not care less about 400 feet of water over my house; the things that I care about are much, much smaller. I care about the water that comes up through the street drains at normal high tides. I worry more about the water that is now standing in the streets at the drains at low tides. I worry about the inches of water the homeowners in Shore Acres in St Petersburg drive though on a regular basis.

I could not care less about 400 feet above my house some million years in the future, I worry about the possibility of one inch of water driving people out of their homes in the next few decades.
It's good to hear that your concern is for the next 100 years. So, now you can sleep soundly since absolutely nothing significant with regards to climate is going to change in that time frame. Pleasant dreams.
Could you get an inch of water in your streets? Of course, that happens all the time---it's called WEATHER. Look at the flooding from Ian. But it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with CLIMATE.
Closed Thread

Tags
period, year, average, person, hottest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.