Hurricane Ian & Climate Change Calamity

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2022, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

And to think that I spent all that time reading about the increase in volcanic activity in our oceans. I am no expert so I will just guess that volcanoes erupting under our oceans cause the oceans to warm, AND also cause "acidity" in the water. Of course, we also have volcanoes on land that also erupt causing more air pollution than mankind (according to what I have read, right or wrong).
I think I will cast my vote for the idea of convenient "alarmism." Granted, I also believe that air pollution exists, but it is not all caused by man. AND like I have said before, the air quality is better in this country now than when I was a child. Even though I have read plenty of posts on here claiming "man caused climate change" the evidence presented by many on has suggested cyclic climate change and NO evidence of man having the ability to change that.
Old 10-28-2022, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
And to think that I spent all that time reading about the increase in volcanic activity in our oceans. I am no expert so I will just guess that volcanoes erupting under our oceans cause the oceans to warm, AND also cause "acidity" in the water. Of course, we also have volcanoes on land that also erupt causing more air pollution than mankind (according to what I have read, right or wrong).
I think I will cast my vote for the idea of convenient "alarmism." Granted, I also believe that air pollution exists, but it is not all caused by man. AND like I have said before, the air quality is better in this country now than when I was a child. Even though I have read plenty of posts on here claiming "man caused climate change" the evidence presented by many on has suggested cyclic climate change and NO evidence of man having the ability to change that.
Ah, a breath of reality. Audiences at the Weather Club know ... (1). There are at least 138 volcanoes under West Antarctica ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raR5YgFcIQQ and (2). There are at least 3 volcanoes under the East Arctic ice along with ongoing thermal venting while only 10% of that region is explored ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_a0exADJtk .
Old 10-28-2022, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
The Smithsonian says pH levels are more acidic and dropped by 30% ... saying it dropped from 8.2 to 8.1 pH. So just how does 30% reflect that 0.1 drop using the 0-14 pH scale? Answer: they failed the "new math" course and now push junk science. And exactly what does a pH of 8.1 mean? Answer: a pH of 8.1 is alkaline -- not acid. Furthermore, a simple scan of historic ocean pH levels shows it has been cycling between 8.3 and 8.1 for hundreds of thousands of years -- and probably more. The oceans were never acidic even when CO2 levels were 15 times higher than today. In the meantime, no one has ever dissolved while swimming in the ocean.
And yet again----stop confusing the true believers with the facts
Closed Thread

Tags
climate, change, hurricane, ian, important

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.