Hurricanes and Tornadoes are Decreasing

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2024, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Hurricanes and Tornadoes are Decreasing

...........but wind-ups are increasing in numbers and frequencies!!
Are you sure?
Maybe 50 to 4,000,000,000 years ago our weather radar wasn't so good, and there weren't people in some areas to report it on Instagram.
Old 02-14-2024, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Find out why, Feb 15 at 1:30 PM at the Villages Weather Club meeting at Laurel Manor.
When someone says that Hurricanes are decreasing. That is pretty ambiguous. By WHAT measure are they SUPPOSED (?) to be decreasing? Two basic measures would be frequency and intensity. The last thing that I have read is that hurricanes are predicted to increase in intensity, but maybe not in frequency. The logic behind the increase in intensity is Global Warming and the warming of all oceans of the world.
......In fact, I believe that I have read that there may soon be a need for a category SIX for Hurricanes because of expected INCREASED wind speeds due to the higher energy stored in the warmer ocean water.
.........Also, a point of discussion might be that the climate predictions of increased temperatures for the next 10 (or more ?) years does not seem to be believed (or never researched) by the INCREASED numbers of northerners that seem to be relocating recently to FLORIDA.
........Maybe they all plan on living in Florida in a special air conditioned suit to play Pickleball in during the summer. And maybe they hope to live in DOME houses to survive the strong hurricane winds on the coast and maybe here.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
When someone says that Hurricanes are decreasing. That is pretty ambiguous. By WHAT measure are they SUPPOSED (?) to be decreasing? Two basic measures would be frequency and intensity. The last thing that I have read is that hurricanes are predicted to increase in intensity, but maybe not in frequency. The logic behind the increase in intensity is Global Warming and the warming of all oceans of the world.
......In fact, I believe that I have read that there may soon be a need for a category SIX for Hurricanes because of expected INCREASED wind speeds due to the higher energy stored in the warmer ocean water.
.........Also, a point of discussion might be that the climate predictions of increased temperatures for the next 10 (or more ?) years does not seem to be believed (or never researched) by the INCREASED numbers of northerners that seem to be relocating recently to FLORIDA.
........Maybe they all plan on living in Florida in a special air conditioned suit to play Pickleball in during the summer. And maybe they hope to live in DOME houses to survive the strong hurricane winds on the coast and maybe here.
Simple graph with simple question ... why are hurricanes decreasing? Too much CO2?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	hurricane.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	102837  
Old 02-14-2024, 06:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Simple graph with simple question ... why are hurricanes decreasing? Too much CO2?
CO2 has the OPPOSITE effect - more CO2 increases Global Warming, which increases Hurricane STRENGTH.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
CO2 has the OPPOSITE effect - more CO2 increases Global Warming, which increases Hurricane STRENGTH.
The data is clear ... Hurricanes are decreasing (regardless of strength), and those that come to the Weather Club will know why. In the meantime -- more CO2 actually helps reduce severe weather events -- which is why the media and climate alarmists fear this subject.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-real-numbers/

Here's a link. I want to make Golfing Eagles' day.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
PolitiFact | Hurricanes and climate change: Getting to the real numbers

Here's a link. I want to make Golfing Eagles' day.
That's a confirmation bias link, since it makes claims without supporting data.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Looks like the gang is all here
Closed Thread

Tags
laurel, meeting, club, weather, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.