Media collusion

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2023, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts
Default Media collusion

I just love how the media either passively or actively colludes with certain powers that be to push an idiotic narrative.

If you have the WFTV channel 9 weather app, the banner at the top of the hourly forecast reads "Tuesday set global record for hottest day ever" OMG!!!! The climate change weenies must have been right all along!!! Chicken Little, the sky is falling!!!!

Until..... you click on it and find out it was the hottest global temperature since 1979

In other words, for all the misguided climate change believers out there, IT WAS HOTTER ON A DAY 44 YEARS AGO THAN IT WAS YESTERDAY. So much for the inexecrable temperature rise that is steadily leading us to extinction.

Yet, the media and those in power that will benefit from spending $100 TRILLION on this folly just go merrily along pushing their false narrative. But what's worse is that the force can have a profound effect on the weak-minded.
Old 07-05-2023, 03:50 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I just love how the media either passively or actively colludes with certain powers that be to push an idiotic narrative.

If you have the WFTV channel 9 weather app, the banner at the top of the hourly forecast reads "Tuesday set global record for hottest day ever" OMG!!!! The climate change weenies must have been right all along!!! Chicken Little, the sky is falling!!!!

Until..... you click on it and find out it was the hottest global temperature since 1979

In other words, for all the misguided climate change believers out there, IT WAS HOTTER ON A DAY 44 YEARS AGO THAN IT WAS YESTERDAY. So much for the inexecrable temperature rise that is steadily leading us to extinction.

Yet, the media and those in power that will benefit from spending $100 TRILLION on this folly just go merrily along pushing their false narrative. But what's worse is that the force can have a profound effect on the weak-minded.
It’s not collusion it’s click-bait. It’s all about the number of clicks they can get. There is no such thing as news anymore.
Old 07-05-2023, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:

I believe you misread the article. No one (other than you) said it was hotter 44 years ago than it was yesterday, they are saying one particular way of measuring temperature was first used in 1979. That particular measure shows that 1979 was cooler, 2016 held the previous record, and the record was broken yesterday.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 07-05-2023, 03:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
It’s not collusion it’s click-bait. It’s all about the number of clicks they can get. There is no such thing as news anymore.
Partially true. But it seems that they are always seeking those clicks from pushing a certain narrative------ one that the media, university professors and so-called bicoastal elites all tend to support.
Old 07-05-2023, 04:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I believe you misread the article. No one (other than you) said it was hotter 44 years ago than it was yesterday, they are saying one particular way of measuring temperature was first used in 1979. That particular measure shows that 1979 was cooler, 2016 held the previous record, and the record was broken yesterday.
That's NOT what they stated.

Let's walk everyone through this the easy way, my fault for skipping from A to C

The headline stated hottest day ever. The article said hottest day since 1979. Simple logic states that if yesterday was the hottest day since 1979, there were hotter days in or before 1979.

Now, if they started using one particular metric for temperature in 1979, 44 years of this "record" proves absolutely nothing in a cycle of 4.5 million years. And I would suggest (not prove) that other metrics might have a different result, but this one was cherry picked to push their false narrative
Old 07-05-2023, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Some people see conspiracies when none exist.
Old 07-05-2023, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
That's NOT what they stated.

Let's walk everyone through this the easy way, my fault for skipping from A to C

The headline stated hottest day ever. The article said hottest day since 1979. Simple logic states that if yesterday was the hottest day since 1979, there were hotter days in or before 1979.

Now, if they started using one particular metric for temperature in 1979, 44 years of this "record" proves absolutely nothing in a cycle of 4.5 million years. And I would suggest (not prove) that other metrics might have a different result, but this one was cherry picked to push their false narrative
Your "simple logic" breaks down when you read the article and see that the records only go back to 1979.

As for 4.5 million years, I assume that is based on "proxy data" similar to that mentioned in the articles that say yesterday may have been the hottest in 125,000 years.

Yes, "hottest day ever" absolutely was an exaggeration since the day the earth was created it was certainly hotter than it was yesterday. They should have used, "hottest day since modern humans walked the earth," or, "hottest day in recorded history," or, "hottest day that any of us have ever experienced," but those use a lot of words and room on the page.

Three articles:

Earth's hottest day? July 4 set a record, scientists say
It comes as scientists say the planet is the hottest it has been in roughly 125,000 years. Experts believe more heat records will fall this summer.

On Tuesday, Earth's average temperature rose to 62.9 degrees, according to the University of Maine’s Climate Reanalyzer, a tool based on satellite data and computer simulations. That's the highest temperature for that data set since records began in 1979.
This July 4 was hot. Earth’s hottest day on record, in fact.
Tuesday was the hottest day on Earth since at least 1979, with the global average temperature reaching 62.92 degrees Fahrenheit, according to data from the US National Centers for Environmental Prediction.

As a result, some scientists believe July 4 may have been one of the hottest days on Earth in around 125,000 years,
The planet saw its hottest day ever this week. The record will be broken again and again
On Monday, the average global temperature reached 17.01 degrees Celsius (62.62 Fahrenheit), the highest in the US National Centers for Environmental Prediction’s data, which goes back to 1979. On Tuesday, it climbed even further, reaching 17.18 degrees Celsius. The previous record of 16.92 degrees Celsius was set in August 2016.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 07-05-2023, 04:34 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

“On Monday, the average global temperature reached 17.01 degrees Celsius (62.62 Fahrenheit), the highest in the US National Centers for Environmental Prediction’s data, which goes back to 1979. On Tuesday, it climbed even further, reaching 17.18 degrees Celsius. The previous record of 16.92 degrees Celsius was set in August 2016.“

It’s all about how one interprets what they might read.
Old 07-05-2023, 04:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Your "simple logic" breaks down when you read the article and see that the records only go back to 1979.

As for 4.5 million years, I assume that is based on "proxy data" similar to that mentioned in the articles that say yesterday may have been the hottest in 125,000 years.

Yes, "hottest day ever" absolutely was an exaggeration since the day the earth was created it was certainly hotter than it was yesterday. They should have used, "hottest day since modern humans walked the earth," or, "hottest day in recorded history," or, "hottest day that any of us have ever experienced," but those use a lot of words and room on the page.

Three articles:

Earth's hottest day? July 4 set a record, scientists say
It comes as scientists say the planet is the hottest it has been in roughly 125,000 years. Experts believe more heat records will fall this summer.

On Tuesday, Earth's average temperature rose to 62.9 degrees, according to the University of Maine’s Climate Reanalyzer, a tool based on satellite data and computer simulations. That's the highest temperature for that data set since records began in 1979.
This July 4 was hot. Earth’s hottest day on record, in fact.
Tuesday was the hottest day on Earth since at least 1979, with the global average temperature reaching 62.92 degrees Fahrenheit, according to data from the US National Centers for Environmental Prediction.

As a result, some scientists believe July 4 may have been one of the hottest days on Earth in around 125,000 years,
The planet saw its hottest day ever this week. The record will be broken again and again
On Monday, the average global temperature reached 17.01 degrees Celsius (62.62 Fahrenheit), the highest in the US National Centers for Environmental Prediction’s data, which goes back to 1979. On Tuesday, it climbed even further, reaching 17.18 degrees Celsius. The previous record of 16.92 degrees Celsius was set in August 2016.
Maybe it should have said hottest day since we changed methodology to push a narrative in 1979
Old 07-05-2023, 04:45 PM
Veteran member

Oh my god, I had better check under my bed. There's probably a weatherman under there spreading false heat.
Old 07-05-2023, 04:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

“Florida fried again by record heat Wednesday as sultry humidity makes it feel over 110 degrees

Heat Advisories stretch across much of the Florida Peninsula, from Jacksonville to Orlando to Tampa to Miami, through Wednesday evening. Already, Marathon, Florida, reached a heat index of 114 degrees.
By Scott Sistek
Source FOX Weather”

And, we in a 7 year cooling trend.
Old 07-05-2023, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Bottom line...

They ain't got no bleepin clue!
Old 07-05-2023, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Bottom line...

They ain't got no bleepin clue!
Nor do the above posters…….

Should have added, and all those that follow.

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 07-06-2023 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-05-2023, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Oh my god, I had better check under my bed. There's probably a weatherman under there spreading false heat.
Love it!
Old 07-05-2023, 06:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,478 Times in 549 Posts

Here’s what I know

It’s hotter than heck these days, so I go to the pool or stay in a/c.
Climate change , if it is occurring, is going to be life-changing only after I die.
Nothing I can do about it, so I won’t worry about it.
Collusion? Really?
Do you pore over articles just to find conspiracies behind every article? Don’t you have anything better to do?
Weak-minded people? Really?

Tags
media, change, climate, day, hottest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.