Media collusion

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2023, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Here’s what I know

It’s hotter than heck these days, so I go to the pool or stay in a/c.
Climate change , if it is occurring, is going to be life-changing only after I die.
Nothing I can do about it, so I won’t worry about it.
Collusion? Really?
Do you pore over articles just to find conspiracies behind every article? Don’t you have anything better to do?
Weak-minded people? Really?
Yes, weak minded. The planet has been warming for the last 20,000 years. If anyone believes this is due to SUVs, I have a bridge to sell them

And btw, I was just looking at the hourly weather forecast and the banner had that idiotic “hottest day ever “ headline was staring back at me.

Perhaps it’s not collusion, but the media seems to be pushing certain narratives
Old 07-05-2023, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Close the journalism schools they have lost objectivity
Old 07-05-2023, 09:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Why July 3, 2023 was Earth’s hottest day – NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

They are reporting science as given to them by well respected sources. I do not see any conspiracies here.

Conspiracies exist but usually involve a small amount of people who benefit from them. Like the one to take out Julius Caesar on the Ides of March. History is full of very real conspiracies.

Global warming is not one of them.

Crazy Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out to Be True | Reader's Digest

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-05-2023 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

It’s been an unusually cool summer so far up north, we finally just got the first heat wave of the season. And let’s assume for a minute that the planet is warming up just a tad bit, what’s the big deal? Last time I checked people kind of like to be warm, isn’t that what the whole snowbird thing is all about? I can’t remember hearing about a whole flock of southern humanbirds doing a mass migration north because they like the cold? And warmer weather requires less burning of fossil fuels to heat homes which should be a good thing. If anything is going to warm up the planet it would be those friggin wildfires that have been burning up hundreds of thousands of acres in Canada for the last couple of months with no end in sight.
Old 07-05-2023, 11:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
.... And let’s assume for a minute that the planet is warming up just a tad bit, what’s the big deal? ...
The big deal is that a tiny change in global temperature produces an enormous change in the ecosystems of this planet. Water behaves very differently at 31.9 degrees than it does at 32.1 degrees. Your own body is very sensitive to a fractional change in temperature. How do you feel with a body temp of 101?

You're certainly aware of the serious damage to coral reefs in the last decade, from a tiny change in ocean temperature. The pH of oceans is slightly becoming more acidic which will seriously disrupt the life of sea organisms which must have pH in a very narrow range, just like humans. Your blood pH should be 7.4 At 7.0 you are likely dead. Tiny changes.

So be snarky about snowbirds and heating costs, but the rate of change in the global temperature is very dramatic and the whole world's scientific community with the exception of a few owned by Koch Industries and the GOP are uniform in their assessment.

When Golfing Eagles, who should understand how to read a scientific report doesn't immediately understand that there was no collection of data on the subject of mean daily global temperature before 1979 and immediately jumps to the conclusion that there is a media conspiracy to indoctrinate us rather than getting exactly what the data says, that is scary.

Quote:
"This week saw the hottest global temperature ever recorded, according to data from two climate tracking agencies.

On Monday, the average global temperature reached 17.01 degrees Celsius (62.62 Fahrenheit), the highest in the US National Centers for Environmental Prediction’s data, which goes back to 1979. On Tuesday, it climbed even further, reaching 17.18 degrees Celsius. The previous record of 16.92 degrees Celsius was set in August 2016.

The European Union’s Copernicus Climate Change Service on Wednesday also tweeted that Monday’s global temperature was a record in its data set."
This is a very clear, easily understood, story. The highest ever recorded, no records of this data set exist prior to 1979. Simple, a caveman should be able to grasp and not misconstrue. His sentence claiming that
Quote:
In other words, for all the misguided climate change believers out there, IT WAS HOTTER ON A DAY 44 YEARS AGO THAN IT WAS YESTERDAY. So much for the inexecrable temperature rise that is steadily leading us to extinction.
GE is 100% completely wrong. It was not hotter on a day 44 years ago than it was yesterday. Those of us who accept the science are not the misguided ones. Only GE seems to not understand that the phrase since 1979 does not mean it was hotter in 1978. And he came here to pontificate and rail about media collusion when in reality, REALITY, is just GE doesn't understand what his mind is unable to accept.

When you are told the temperatures are changing in an unprecedented fashion, ignore people here and on some media who lie to you. Here is the graph of the last 2000 years. See anything unusual at the right side, the last few years. Yes, proven global warming never seen in historical times.

And the last 1/2 century, since the increase in industrialization, burning carbon fuels has the most dramatic pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	tem.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	99136   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	99137  
Old 07-06-2023, 03:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Let's see, this was based on a weather mans interpretation, a profession that has been known to be WRONG a few times, lol.
Old 07-06-2023, 04:15 AM
Default Truth Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I just love how the media either passively or actively colludes with certain powers that be to push an idiotic narrative.

If you have the WFTV channel 9 weather app, the banner at the top of the hourly forecast reads "Tuesday set global record for hottest day ever" OMG!!!! The climate change weenies must have been right all along!!! Chicken Little, the sky is falling!!!!

Until..... you click on it and find out it was the hottest global temperature since 1979

In other words, for all the misguided climate change believers out there, IT WAS HOTTER ON A DAY 44 YEARS AGO THAN IT WAS YESTERDAY. So much for the inexecrable temperature rise that is steadily leading us to extinction.

Yet, the media and those in power that will benefit from spending $100 TRILLION on this folly just go merrily along pushing their false narrative. But what's worse is that the force can have a profound effect on the weak-minded.
Thank you hopefully your brilliant and truthful statement will enlighten some people
Old 07-06-2023, 04:29 AM
Platinum member

Learned a few things.
1. The definition of hot
air
2. If your position is
99.99⁹⁹⁹% correct, to
others your still
wrong.
3. I want a study of how
much warmer the
planet will get if the
nukes go off.
Old 07-06-2023, 04:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
Thank you hopefully your brilliant and truthful statement will enlighten some people
Obviously not, just look at that ridiculous post #20
Old 07-06-2023, 05:06 AM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Obviously not, just look at that ridiculous post #20
Wouldn't want actual facts to obscure our chosen narrative now would we.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post

GE is 100% completely wrong. It was not hotter on a day 44 years ago than it was yesterday. Those of us who accept the science are not the misguided ones. Only GE seems to not understand that the phrase since 1979 does not mean it was hotter in 1978. And he came here to pontificate and rail about media collusion when in reality, REALITY, is just GE doesn't understand what his mind is unable to accept.

When you are told the temperatures are changing in an unprecedented fashion, ignore people here and on some media who lie to you. Here is the graph of the last 2000 years. See anything unusual at the right side, the last few years. Yes, proven global warming never seen in historical times.

And the last 1/2 century, since the increase in industrialization, burning carbon fuels has the most dramatic pattern.
Wow, I just have no idea where to start debunking that crap.
I didn't say it was hotter in 1978, I said if you only have temperature data OF THE TYPE QUOTED since 1979, it was probably hotter at some point prior to that. It was DEFINITELY hotter 65 million years ago, but we don't have data from then either. Then there's that pretty graph of "2000 years". Where does that data come from??? After acknowledging the data for the argument was only collected since 1979!!!! And this is referred to as "proven global warming"???? Add to that even a snapshot of 150 or even 2000 years is nothing in comparison to the climate cycles that have been repeating for the last 4.5 million years, not to mention "since 1979". Yep, what that post "proved" is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

And put that "conspiracy theorist" label to rest---I didn't post that----I posted the media is EITHER PASSIVELY or actively colluding to push certain narratives, and we all know what those narratives are and who supports them, which is why I'm not surprised by that post. So, sorry, I "understand" perfectly.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

I enjoy the hot weather. Unfortunately, I doubt it will get warm enough up North in the mountains in my lifetime to get me to move back. I love the mountain forest areas to live, but I don't like cold weather, so I guess I'll have to stay here. Oh well, life goes on.
Can't believe much of what is published in the news, some of what I see and hear, and nothing of what one reads on here. But, still it is entertaining. Since we don't seem to care how much debt we leave for our children, I do not understand how anyone can get excited or concerned about how man can change the climate for future generations. Which one is one actually able to control?
Old 07-06-2023, 05:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahabs View Post
Wouldn't want actual facts to obscure our chosen narrative now would we.
Actually, we would, we just haven't seen any actual "facts" that prove anything.

But here's something to consider: FOLLOW THE MONEY!

The "powers that be" are pushing to spend $100 TRILLION over the next 50 years to "combat climate change". Even IF, and it's a HUGE IF, human activity was partially responsible for changing the climate, we don't have the technology to do anything meaningful to "combat" the power of the sun, Earth's orbit or changes in Earth's axis. So......who would benefit from this folly????? We know one that benefitted from this garbage 20 years ago----can anyone spell Solyndra????? And we can make good guesses as to who will continue to cash in as well.

Last edited by golfing eagles; 07-06-2023 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:29 AM

Quote:
I just love how the media either passively or actively colludes with certain powers that be to push an idiotic narrative.

If you have the WFTV channel 9 weather app, the banner at the top of the hourly forecast reads "Tuesday set global record for hottest day ever" OMG!!!! The climate change weenies must have been right all along!!! Chicken Little, the sky is falling!!!!

Until..... you click on it and find out it was the hottest global temperature since 1979

Yet, the media and those in power that will benefit from spending $100 TRILLION on this folly just go merrily along pushing their false narrative. But what's worse is that the force can have a profound effect on the weak-minded.
I seem to recall that at one time our continent was covered in glacial ice that has been receded. This means that the earth has been on a warming trend for a very very long time while ensuring cold cycles. I think if we all want to extend our retirement funds, let’s all invest in companies looking to cool the earth. I’d be curious what the return on the investment would be?
Old 07-06-2023, 05:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Science these days is all about funding research. . yes, funding research from the government. There are limited jobs for scientists in the corporate world . . .

How else does one get funding these days is through perceived crises and funding research about it. .

However,
The earth has been warming slowly since the last ice age,
The thermometer is at max 200 years old. . . amazingly
A volcanic eruption puts more bad stuff into the atmosphere in one eruption than what you can personally prevent if you devoted your entire life to preventing bad stuff
The earth can only support X million of humans before going beyond the tipping point.
The tipping point is an unknown event after which the population will dramatically decline back to a more sustainable level
If for any reason the world runs out of oil, there will be mass starvation. .

So panicking early is better than being led to the extinction event like a dinosaur. .

YMMV
Closed Thread

Tags
media, change, climate, day, hottest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.