More boring weather

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2022, 08:24 AM
Veteran member
Default More boring weather

That's what's nice about Florida, except for a few hurricanes and an occasional tornado, the weather here is quite boring -- which is why I moved here. Even the Jet Stream is currently well-behaved, unlike during last week's blizzard. On Dec 30 at 4 PM at Lake Miona the Philosophy Club will be philosofizing about our boring weather while others (like the EPA) insist it is not boring.
Old 12-29-2022, 08:38 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts
Thumbs up

Unlike the need to play golf every single weekend most of my life, because the season was limited so you put up with any weather, I love it here where if it's ugly out you know a nice day is coming soon - so aren't forced to play in 40 degrees with a driving rain. lol
Old 12-30-2022, 11:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Unlike the need to play golf every single weekend most of my life, because the season was limited so you put up with any weather, I love it here where if it's ugly out you know a nice day is coming soon - so aren't forced to play in 40 degrees with a driving rain. lol
Agree. And today -- just another boring weather day. But today was exciting. This morning the temperature got down to 51 degrees -- while the forecast was for 64 degrees (which was made just 4 days ago). That arctic air (from last week's blizzard) is lingering much much longer than forecast. In fact, the temperature forecasts have been consistently too high for at least the past 3 months. This is what happens when you force plant food (CO2) into weather models.
Old 12-30-2022, 11:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,796 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
That's what's nice about Florida, except for a few hurricanes and an occasional tornado, the weather here is quite boring -- which is why I moved here. Even the Jet Stream is currently well-behaved, unlike during last week's blizzard. On Dec 30 at 4 PM at Lake Miona the Philosophy Club will be philosofizing about our boring weather while others (like the EPA) insist it is not boring.
Don’t forget the sinkholes…and you’re right the weather in Florida is boring, pestilence annoying, critters are creepy and summers insufferable and it’s full of old people, of which I’m one. I’ve lived in far nicer places. But occasionally the sunsets are pretty.
Old 12-30-2022, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Agreed. Boring is good.

Unlike Minnesota, where I hail from. An oft-repeated saying from the land of the herring-chokers is "don't like the weather in Minnesota? Just wait a minute. It will change".

And it does, sometimes with dizzying speed. Some years back my son and I were canoeing into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness for a seven-day camping trek. On the day we hit the water (5:00 am in mid-June) we had about 45 degrees, sinking to the high 30's about mid-morning with sleet and strong wind. Decidedly NOT fun. We were prepared but it was still miserable.

Next day? High of 96 degrees and humid as ____.

In Minnesota, such swings are not common but everyojne has experienced them. You don't see that in Florida.
Closed Thread

Tags
boring, weather, weeks, blizzard, dec

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.