NEEM - The Greatest Climate Secret

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2024, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
This argument over if man can control climate change and what causes it will continue over and over again. They way I look at it you have two groups of people standing over a person laying in the street bleeding to death arguing what type of bandage should be applied if any until the person passes away.

Look I don’t care who is right or wrong, but if there is the slightest chance something can be done to save the planet for future generations, we should go for it. It's better than doing nothing.
I agree. There are negative consequences for using carbon based fuels other than those predicted by the dubious government funded climate models. The same government that fires experts who have alternative views. That is why prioritizing mini nukes makes much more sense than relying on extremely expensive and unreliable wind and solar power generation.

This is because the draconian measures to abandon oil and gas would result in a dramatic lowering of the standard of living for all except the uber rich. And in developing and third world countries it would undoubtedly result in an rise in their mortality rate. It would also significantly increase the governments role in regulating our personal lives and diminish the freedom of movement that we take for granted.

So if you truly care about the plight of the least among us, you would not be advocating for a premature departure from extremely reliable energy.
Old 01-17-2024, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Precisely.

"What if we cleaned up the planet and the environment, made the world a better, healthier place, and it all turned out to be a hoax?"

anon.
So be it. If it is a hoax, we have wasted a lot of time and money. If it's not we've saved the planet. Now let me think about this. I've decided given the choice I think I'd rather waste the money. It's not like we haven't burned money before like bridges to nowhere.
Old 01-17-2024, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
So be it. If it is a hoax, we have wasted a lot of time and money. If it's not we've saved the planet. Now let me think about this. I've decided given the choice I think I'd rather waste the money. It's not like we haven't burned money before like bridges to nowhere.
Saved the planet from what? Now, we are justifying the waste of money for a "bridge to nowhere?" Like I said before, it's not the government's job to waste taxpayer money. "Given a choice.?" Sorry, but if given a choice, I'd rather spend my money on the tangible, not someone else's pipe dreams. No one has proven that man has any ability to influence climate change, therefore I say use the taxpayer funding logically, not frivolously. Maybe a rain dance or shooting fireworks into the air will have more chance of changing the weather than burning a trillion bucks.
Old 01-17-2024, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

After doing a quick google search the only info I found on NEEM is ads for an essential oil and its benefits. There were also articles on the trees from which it is harvested. So please fill us in.
Old 01-17-2024, 08:20 AM

I would just hope that the presenter can present at least one peer reviewed journal article citation that backs up the presenter's opinion. Otherwise, we shall hear only an opinion, not science. Unfortunately, that seems to be the orientation of the presenter, no science, just opinion!
Old 01-17-2024, 08:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
I would just hope that the presenter can present at least one peer reviewed journal article citation that backs up the presenter's opinion. Otherwise, we shall hear only an opinion, not science. Unfortunately, that seems to be the orientation of the presenter, no science, just opinion!
I seem to recall quite a few graphs with stats that prove the statements of the presenter in past threads. Are those stats based on "opinions" or facts? I believe that the premise of the presenter has always been that Climate Change is real, but that there is no evidence that mankind has been instrumental in the periodic changes(If I am not mistaken in what I gleaned from his posts).
Old 01-17-2024, 08:38 AM

What happened to in God we Trust? Don't you think he/she has things under control?
Old 01-17-2024, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Learn what the climate alarmists are trying to hide from you - NEEM. Find out the scary details of what's really causing today's weather -- the sun. If you don't know what NEEM means, then please attend the next meeting of the Weather Club on Jan 18 at 1:30 PM at Laurel Manor.
Just a question? Does the "weather club" take only one side? that climate change is all a hoax or are there presentations or members who believe that climate change is real.
Old 01-17-2024, 09:16 AM

The ice core data is DATA, not opinion, and it shows that over hundreds of millions of years there have been long periods where CO2 & temps were flipped from what the fear mongers tell us will bring an end to the world. No, it doesn't fit the narrative, so they reject it. I'm all for a cleaner plant, reduction in plastics, reduction in pollution in general, but the rush to be free of fossil fuels is to little bang for way too much buck!!! Go to central AZ around Sedona and you'll find the park that shows what it looked like 275 MILLION years ago, i.e. COASTAL WETLANDS..... long before mankind.
Old 01-17-2024, 09:19 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
What happened to in God we Trust? Don't you think he/she has things under control?
Not really.
Old 01-17-2024, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
Yes, I believe that HE has things under control.
Old 01-17-2024, 09:27 AM
Default climate change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Saved the planet from what? Now, we are justifying the waste of money for a "bridge to nowhere?" Like I said before, it's not the government's job to waste taxpayer money. "Given a choice.?" Sorry, but if given a choice, I'd rather spend my money on the tangible, not someone else's pipe dreams. No one has proven that man has any ability to influence climate change, therefore I say use the taxpayer funding logically, not frivolously. Maybe a rain dance or shooting fireworks into the air will have more chance of changing the weather than burning a trillion bucks.
I agree that we have climate change, it has been changing for millions of years. I just think that it is foolish to think that we have any control over it. Mother nature is going to do whatever it wants to, no matter what we do.
Old 01-17-2024, 09:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNi4os View Post
After doing a quick google search the only info I found on NEEM is ads for an essential oil and its benefits. There were also articles on the trees from which it is harvested. So please fill us in.
Same happened with me changed my search “NEEM CLIMATE, NEEM ICE etc.
About NEEM – University of Copenhagen
Old 01-17-2024, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Save the planet for future generations. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but is this I got mine screw everyone else. Let me rephrase save the planet, to instead leaving a habitual place for the people who come after me when I'm gone. The way I see it the planet has been pretty good to me, and I want to leave it that way for others. Think of it this way it's like flushing the toilet in a public restroom before you leave. As I stated in earlier postings I don't know if man is responsible for climate change, but to try do nothing is selfish and irresponsible.
Old 01-17-2024, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Yes, I believe that HE has things under control.
Look at the world around you. Now say that again with a straight face.
Closed Thread

Tags
neem, weather, climate, laurel, means

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.