True or False

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2022, 01:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasusprt View Post
Let's blame California and their mismanagement of their forestry plan. Without the fires in California we would have more trees to take care of the CO2

Re call a person in a very high office who suggested that if the forestry service raked the leaves out of these areas of California forests fires would not have been so bad. He also suggested California do this even though most of this land is Federal land.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Having just read all the Googled sections about forests in the US, increasing or decreasing - I find there to be many classifications of forests like old growth, canopy coverage area, satellite map area, CO2 production, etc. The lumber advocates consider that after clear-cutting the bare area left over is STILL considered forest because a forest can regrow itself from that area.

So, it becomes difficult to pin down if US forests are REALLY increasing or decreasing. There is no definitive, easy answer. Depending on which articles are selected, a case could be made either way.

I did find these 2 statements to be interesting.......In 2005 the US ranked 7th worldwide in the rate of LOSS of old-growth forests. ...........Also from 2000 to 2020, the US TREE COVER decreased 1.2%, which for all practical purposes means that it stayed the same. So, it's a mixed bag, up for various interpretations.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Wait a minute, that sounds like a POO-MOO joke !!!!
Old 10-21-2022, 06:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Or maybe a storm and saddened people shouldn’t be used for a political agenda? In a month we will have record cold temps, how convenient that will be…
I seem to be in a world of my own-PROUDLY. You are best only worrying about things you can do something about.

Global warming is now spun to Climate Change. Climate has been changing FOREVER.
Roughly 45 years ago global cooling was noted we did not have Al Gore to create a panic while lining his pockets. The balance is INTERESTING. Plants tie up CO2. Plant grow better as heat and CO2 go up. EV cars and that SCREAMING. We and throughout the nation use more energy for heating and cooling our homes.
Closed Thread

Tags
co2, air, place, warm, ocean

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.