United Nations Declares Guns Control Weather

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2023, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

If they're referring to nuclear weapons, would this also apply to nuclear power plants?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&BSmith View Post
Please, just let me know which guns to shoot and how often to have warm, sunny weather.
You will get your Warm sunny days here in the summer (IN SPADES). Actually, it will likely be hotter than last summer because the world has been HEATING up for the last 8 years CONTRARY to the statement in the thread starter and that ridiculous graph shown. All you all - put on your best tin-foil hats and meet at Eisenhower on Jan 23!
Old 01-19-2023, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
You will get your Warm sunny days here in the summer (IN SPADES). Actually, it will likely be hotter than last summer because the world has been HEATING up for the last 8 years CONTRARY to the statement in the thread starter and that ridiculous graph shown. All you all - put on your best tin-foil hats and meet at Eisenhower on Jan 23!
Heating up for the last 8 years???? It's been heating up for the last 23,000 years. And it will continue to heat up for another 20-25,000 years. And guess what---it happened without any help from humans. But it's OK, in 25,000 years it will start cooling again so that 50,000 years from now NY City will again be under 2 miles of ice. And the same people (well, actually their descendants) will be complaining that snowmobile emissions cause global warming.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Yes it is funny -- in that the UN thinks guns control weather.
ORDINARY guns will NOT affect weather, but a full-out nuclear war will. Scientists take about a nuclear winter after WW3......that would be some serious Climate Change. I worry that there has been so many apocalypse-type movies and series lately that maybe that is giving a prediction that I HOPE never comes true.
But, the recent war in the Ukraine has caused some problems that could affect Global Warming somewhat. There are or were (may have been plugged) 3 holes in a natural gas pipeline lying at the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea. It sent Russian natural gas to Europe. The pipe was in VERY deep water and probably needed a special submarine to blow those 3 holes. Russia was suspected of doing it itself to drive up the world price for natural gas.
........Anyway, the 3 holes were (or still are) GUSHING gas that rises to the upper atmosphere and adds to the blanket that IS making the world hotter by record amounts in the last 8 years. (Despite the opinion to the contrary expressed by my friends with the fashionable TIN-FOIL hats !!!!!!! )

One BIG problem with Global Warming today is that it causes farmers and other poor populations in South America and Africa to start starving and begin MIGRATING northward into America and Europe. If they succeed in getting there they will INCREASE their environmental FOOTPRINT greatly - producing GREATER pollution, which AGAIN goes up to the upper atmosphere and acts as a BLANKET holding in the Earth's heat. It is sad from a humanitarian perspective, but don't blame me.......I am just the messenger.

Last edited by jimjamuser; 01-19-2023 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:01 PM
Sage

Cow flatulence is way up at the top of that list. That is why many environmentalists are Not suggesting that people give up eating red meat.......rather to substitute sometimes during the week by eating plant-based protein like BEYOND MEAT.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
My Psychiatrist recommends aroma therapy...

The Villages Florida
Congratulations that one was ACTUALLY funny.......its been awhile.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyLee View Post
Not exactly, there's millions of us that know what the goal of the UN is
Or maybe what a lot of people KNOW is what the NRA has told them they should KNOW about the UN.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimschlaefer View Post
Until the common population is unarmed, the government can't control them. Therefore, the government can't adjust history or make people believe what the government says. Read Orwell's 1984 (maybe again). Against the world event today, too much rings true for him not to have somehow foreseen the future. See if you can find the Ministries of Truth and Love budding in today's world.
Guns are fine with me as long as they have a purpose. I feel that sporting bolt action rifles have a purpose. But, military-style semi-autos and bump-stops are NOT useful other than making the NRA and their controllers - the rich, fat-cat owners of the gun industry WEALTHY.
.......But, unfortunately, the John Wayne cowboy frontier mentality is ingrained into Americans. It has captured their minds !
Old 01-19-2023, 03:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Private jets flying all over the world to talk about climate change create climate change. Hypocrites.
Electric aircraft are being developed and tested as we speak. The FUTURE of aviation could be more environmentally friendly........we can hope !
Old 01-19-2023, 03:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
If they're referring to nuclear weapons, would this also apply to nuclear power plants?
Just yesterday Oliver Stone spoke at Davos about the REAL practical SAFETY of nuclear power plants. The oil and gas industries have spent a lot of MONEY to convince people that nuclear plants are dangerous. Stone said that the new-generation nuclear power plants are safe.
One fact that many people are NOT aware of is that natural gas has tons of leaks in the US and other countries from the pipes that are bringing the natural gas from a field source to a customer's home. Gas pipes and appliances EXPLODE often and they are hurting the upper atmosphere. Those problems MAY be WAY greater than risks from the new generation nuclear electric plants. Google Oliver Stone at Davos.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Just yesterday Oliver Stone spoke at Davos about the REAL practical SAFETY of nuclear power plants. The oil and gas industries have spent a lot of MONEY to convince people that nuclear plants are dangerous. Stone said that the new-generation nuclear power plants are safe.
One fact that many people are NOT aware of is that natural gas has tons of leaks in the US and other countries from the pipes that are bringing the natural gas from a field source to a customer's home. Gas pipes and appliances EXPLODE often and they are hurting the upper atmosphere. Those problems MAY be WAY greater than risks from the new generation nuclear electric plants. Google Oliver Stone at Davos.
Yep, Oliver Stone. He's my source for factual and unbiased information
Old 01-19-2023, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
The UN Disarmament Handbook says, "Disarmament is especially important for climate protection." I can't find that claim in any weather or climate text book, but current data shows that the earth has been cooling for the last 7 years, even though guns and CO2 are increasing. This amazing "climate protection" claim will be discussed at the Gun Club (Jan 19 at Savannah at 6 PM, and Jan 23 at Eisenhower at 5:30 PM).
I think this post is a mistake. Imagine a bunch of people who believe this stuff showing up at a Straight Shooters meeting. Perhaps, wiser would be a prepared presentation to some of the discussion groups in the villages. The antigun zealots would love to cause a RIOT at a Straight Shooters meeting.

As far as climate change, I find it interesting. First of all it was GLOBAL WARMING now it has changed to CLIMATE CHANGE. Climate is and always has been changing.

I find it spooky how easy it is to start panics. Al Gore has turned this into a personal gold mine. Reality, I suggest all READ. Fifty years ago the concern was global cooling.
Lacking was only Al Gore to fly in his own personal Jet to tell others we should not burn fossil fuels. It is tough for people to see, to realize they are being had especially when others are PARROTING the same. Far as fossil fuels my carbon foot print is vastly reduced. I am retired and no longer producing anything.

Anybody remember Y2K? Space Invaders? Covid 19? It is shockingly to create MASS PANIC.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
As posted by me several times we are dealing with a panic. You cannot reason with people lost in fear and a mob of hate.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Cow flatulence is way up at the top of that list. That is why many environmentalists are Not suggesting that people give up eating red meat.......rather to substitute sometimes during the week by eating plant-based protein like BEYOND MEAT.
Top of the list???? Really???? Not likely at all. What about sheep and pigs and people. Just about every mammalian, reptilian and avian species farts. If insects fart they would have cows beat out 100 to 1 based on sheer numbers alone.

So, the chances that I'm going to eat some plant based vegetarian crap instead of a juicy NY strip steak are about the same as winning the lottery 20 times in a row, maybe less.

And of course, if we all ate that plant crap, it would reverse 23,000 years of global warming. Can anyone spell d-e-l-u-s-i-o-n-a-l?

Last edited by golfing eagles; 01-19-2023 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Top of the list???? Really???? Not likely at all. What about sheep and pigs and people. Just about every mammalian, reptilian and avian species farts. If insects fart they would have cows beat out 100 to 1 based on sheer numbers alone.

So, the chances that I'm going to eat some plant based vegetarian crap instead of a juicy NY strip steak are about the same as winning the lottery 20 times in a row, maybe less.

And of course, if we all ate that plant crap, it would reverse 23,000 years of global warming. Can anyone spell d-e-l-u-s-i-o-n-a-l?
If we all ate plant based crap he would complain that we're ruining the planet by plowing too many acres.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Closed Thread

Tags
climate, claim, guns, weather, disarmament

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.