We Live In The Pleistocene Ice Age

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2023, 06:31 AM

Learn the difference between weather and climate. Big difference.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptmcbriz View Post
Learn the difference between weather and climate. Big difference.
And yet there are those, and they're on TV every day, that use the last 10 days of unusually hot WEATHER to claim proof of global CLIMATE change.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
No reason to ........? Are you suggesting that we can all make our own determinations as to what we can call the various epochs? Boy that's going to play hell with them textbooks. I can see some wild possibilities in this.
Seems to be the way it works around here sometimes.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-17-2023, 06:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Best advice yet -- unless you prefer more Gores.
You would think I would get used to it but I am still amazed that some people point to Al Gore as a climate scientist.

For everyone's sake, I hope they don't go to Robert Young or Neil Patrick Harris for medical advice just because they played doctors on tv.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-17-2023, 07:05 AM

Quote:
No reason to ........? Are you suggesting that we can all make our own determinations as to what we can call the various epochs? Boy that's going to play hell with them textbooks. I can see some wild possibilities in this.
All he is asking is that you be open, listen and defer judgment. The alternative is to remain in the herd.
Old 08-17-2023, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,382 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsocrates View Post
All he is asking is that you be open, listen and defer judgment. The alternative is to remain in the herd.
Animals that stray too far from the herd, usually die!
Old 08-17-2023, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Hear a new talk at the Weather Club, "We Live In The Pleistocene Ice Age" on August 17 at 1:30 PM at Laurel Manor. We live in the coldest period of Earth's 4.5 billion year history. It's called the Pleistocene Ice Age, which started 2.5 million years ago; and with few exceptions, each Ice Age glaciation gets colder and colder. Before the Pleistocene, the Earth had no permanent ice caps - but now we do. Even though we are in an Interglacial Warming Period, many glaciers continue to grow.
And for those who can't make this meeting, next month the topic is: CHEMTRAILS!!!!:
Old 08-17-2023, 08:32 AM
Location: Formerly resided in southeast Wisconsin; now in the village of Winifred

Tell that to the people of Maui.
Old 08-17-2023, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

This is the best thing that I've ever heard on the subject. Go ahead, attack the source but try to refute the information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSrjAXK5pGw
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-17-2023, 09:02 AM

The Weather Club....should have its full name here....whether you believe science based by thousands of peer review articles....or whether you believe unqualified Villages "experts" who present NO peer review articles and only their opinions and those of other whackos!

Being a meteorologist is not the same as a climatologist...no matter how you stretch it!
Old 08-17-2023, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
This is the best thing that I've ever heard on the subject. Go ahead, attack the source but try to refute the information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSrjAXK5pGw
Interesting. I think I heard:

1. Climate change is real but it's a small price to pay for the convenience of burning fossil fuels.

2. Climate change is real but we don't know the precise magnitude of how bad it will be and we like the convenience of burning fossil fuels.

3. If we use our definitions to restate what a paper claims to show then we can demonstrate that the paper doesn't show that. Oh, and we like the convenience of burning fossil fuels.

To be fair, the paper says:
Among abstracts expressing a position on AGW, 97.1% endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming.
People can debate whether "humans are causing global warming" means all warming is caused by humans or whether it means the significant increase in warming is caused by humans. The video argues against the former but so would I. On the other hand, while the irrefutable proof is missing, I believe the latter.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-17-2023, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsocrates View Post
The evidence is in and it is overwhelming. Don't defer too long, the clock is ticking.
Old 08-17-2023, 10:25 AM

Quote:
The evidence is in and it is overwhelming. Don't defer too long, the clock is ticking.
I am so tired of the supposed "facts." When really they are just "educated" guesses. Scientists "knowing" what the temperatures were 1000 years ago much less a million or 50 years in the future is absolute baloney. Every single day there are stories about scientists have "learned" knew things which makes what they "already knew" wrong.

Here are just a few...there are lots.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...f22ec4fd&ei=16

New Discoveries Changed Our Understanding of Human History
Old 08-17-2023, 10:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
And for those who can't make this meeting, next month the topic is: CHEMTRAILS!!!!:
You'd be surprised how many requested this talk.
Old 08-17-2023, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
The Weather Club....should have its full name here....whether you believe science based by thousands of peer review articles....or whether you believe unqualified Villages "experts" who present NO peer review articles and only their opinions and those of other whackos!

Being a meteorologist is not the same as a climatologist...no matter how you stretch it!
The traditional job description of a climatologist is one who catalogs and studies historical weather data.
Closed Thread

Tags
ice, pleistocene, age, live, colder

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.