Whats the hottest time of day in july/aug

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2023, 12:15 AM

It's important to check The Villages weather app daily to check on the temperature. Decide how to dress and what activities are do-able for you. Lots of hydration...water... is best. Most importantly...know your limits...age...physical condition. Be aware of your comfort zone.
Old 07-03-2023, 06:12 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
You don’t focus on when it is too “hot.” Just go out and do what you want to do. Many prefer to golf in the afternoon when it is the “hottest” time of the day.

You are in Florida.
Yes you are in FL but you do need to be mindful of the heat, heat strokes are nothing to play with.
I have a lot of people I know end up in the emergency room.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass288 View Post
HI all. Wondering what part of the day hours is it too hot to play outside..or do you just adapt to the weather...anything is better than snow..
depends on a lot of factors. body weight, fitness, heat tolerance. just do yourself a favor, don't try to go the extra mile....if you feel like it's getting intolerable you've probably been out a bit too long.

Also as everyone says drink lots of water - here's a hint - purified water doesn't do anything for you except run through you because it lacks all the other minerals etc to 'stick'. When we were on the coast I used to line up 8 bottles a day, still dehydrated. Now it's 2 of Mountain Valley Spring water and I'm more than good.... and when I say 2, I am talking 12 ounce bottles
Old 07-03-2023, 07:25 AM
Default Mad dogs

Walking the pitch and putts the past few days in the midday sun led to my reading the Noel Coward entry in Wikipedia yesterday. 😀
Old 07-03-2023, 09:25 AM

The mid to late afternoon is when it's the hottest. The hottest time of day here is typically between 2:00 - 4:00.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,090 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelin View Post
It's important to check The Villages weather app daily to check on the temperature.p.
I find it very important to check the my radar app so you can play the dodge the thunder and lightning storm game.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:38 AM

I had a friend move here from Michigan and the first few times we played golf in the summer, he was done by the 14th hole, way overheated and feeling miserable. I told him the key is to drink water starting the night before to be well hydrated. He complained he'd be up all night peeing, but I suggested that was better than dying of heatstroke. He took my advice and now plays golf AND tennis in the heat without problems.
Old 07-05-2023, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
depends on a lot of factors. body weight, fitness, heat tolerance. just do yourself a favor, don't try to go the extra mile....if you feel like it's getting intolerable you've probably been out a bit too long.

Also as everyone says drink lots of water - here's a hint - purified water doesn't do anything for you except run through you because it lacks all the other minerals etc to 'stick'. When we were on the coast I used to line up 8 bottles a day, still dehydrated. Now it's 2 of Mountain Valley Spring water and I'm more than good.... and when I say 2, I am talking 12 ounce bottles
Add gator aid to that routine…gives you the extra you need when sweating take all your electrolytes out.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:22 PM

3:18 p.m.
Closed Thread

Tags
day, adapt, weather, play, hot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.