When will global warming return?

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2024, 10:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Your temperature graphs don't seem to cherry-pick as others that have been presented.
On one hand he argues we had no good data prior to 1980. On the other he presents graphs with data back to the 1800s to prove his point.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
On one hand he argues we had no good data prior to 1980. On the other he presents graphs with data back to the 1800s to prove his point.
Ted has plans to fix everyone's climate clock. Relax, it'll all be over soon.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Ted.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	102205  
Old 01-13-2024, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
None of this matters. Even if global warming is real and human caused there is currently not a viable replacement for fossil fuels. Every policy the government proposes is designed to drain our pockets and not really help the environment. That is the reason so many of us are skeptical and dismissive of the climate fear mongering. Regardless of improvement in data gathering, the end game is the same. Tax us to death and spread our wealth to politicians.

So you can all save your time with posting charts and graphs. None of us want a climate catastrophe and we all want a clean environment. But unless your suggestions actually help reduce pollution your debates will continue to fall on deaf ears.
It matters immensely. If you care about the survival of our species.
There are suggestions. But suggestions only have value if they can be implemented. To be implemented we need to get the understanding of what is at stake to 8 billion people in over 200 countries around the world. Each with their own political situation and religious beliefs. Those who don't like the message, for what ever reason, search for alternatives that give them some comfort, like a person facing cancer with surgery, chemo and radiation treatments decides to go to a carnival faith healer. The truth falls on "deaf ears", willfully deaf ears. And time is wasted as the clock for the world and the cancer patient continues to run.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
It matters immensely. If you care about the survival of our species.
There are suggestions. But suggestions only have value if they can be implemented. To be implemented we need to get the understanding of what is at stake to 8 billion people in over 200 countries around the world. Each with their own political situation and religious beliefs. Those who don't like the message, for what ever reason, search for alternatives that give them some comfort, like a person facing cancer with surgery, chemo and radiation treatments decides to go to a carnival faith healer. The truth falls on "deaf ears", willfully deaf ears. And time is wasted as the clock for the world and the cancer patient continues to run.
Can you give me an example of a suggestion that you like? One that doesn't involve stealing money from people.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Ted has plans to fix everyone's climate clock. Relax, it'll all be over soon.
IF you are privy to old Ted's plans, please enlighten. Or is your "Relax, it'll all be over soon" supposed to sound ominous? Sounds like something a dentist in a third world country would say to a patient that couldn't afford the novacain for a root canal.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Can you give me an example of a suggestion that you like? One that doesn't involve stealing money from people.
Trick question. Do anything, or do nothing, there is going to be a cost. You can label any outlay you don't like as theft, whether justified or not.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
IF you are privy to old Ted's plans, please enlighten. Or is your "Relax, it'll all be over soon" supposed to sound ominous? Sounds like something a dentist in a third world country would say to a patient that couldn't afford the novacain for a root canal.
Yes relax -- it's all a hoax anyway. There is no observational proof of "man-made" global warming, but there is proof of decreasing severe weather and increasing greening of earth.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Trick question. Do anything, or do nothing, there is going to be a cost. You can label any outlay you don't like as theft, whether justified or not.
The cost will be for extra winter clothes.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Temps.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	102206  
Old 01-13-2024, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
On second thought, how about a few money saving tips. Like drive less, travel only when necessary, and ride share when you can. Adjust your thermostat to be more efficient. As I look around I see a lot of us (me included) eat more than we need. Save money by better meal planning. Turn lights off when not needed.
The list goes on and on. Google can help. Choosing lifestyle changes can make big differences. Life choices can save big money and have an impact on global warming, like choosing to have smaller families. Smaller carbon footprint and more money for each person's needs.
Your turn to see what you can come up with to help, even in small ways.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Yes relax -- it's all a hoax anyway. There is no observational proof of "man-made" global warming, but there is proof of decreasing severe weather and increasing greening of earth.
I sometimes get the feeling that you know man-enhanced global warming is real, but you just enjoy arguing. Like the old Monty Python routine. A, "Hello. I'd like to have an argument, please." B, "Yes sir. Will this be the full half hour, or just the five minutes? "
Old 01-13-2024, 12:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I sometimes get the feeling that you know man-enhanced global warming is real, but you just enjoy arguing. Like the old Monty Python routine. A, "Hello. I'd like to have an argument, please." B, "Yes sir. Will this be the full half hour, or just the five minutes? "
If it's real, then tell me how much "man-made" CO2 warmed the earth last year.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I'm wondering...where do they stick the thermometer? And how often?

And how do they differentiate a temp. being taken as merely part of "weather" or due to "climate change"?
In 2004 we took an Alaskan cruise and went to the Mendenhall glacier. Went back 2 years ago and it clearly was a lot smaller. Went into Visitor Center and saw pictures which were taken in 2004 and showed the same size that we saw. Not going to discuss cause but this and other objective information is showing that we live in a warmer climate. Will never affect current generation, but will affect generations in the future.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Global warming never left. It is here to stay.

It could disappear the next ice age which may be 50,000 years from now.

Third time unlucky: would we survive another ice age?.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
On second thought, how about a few money saving tips. Like drive less, travel only when necessary, and ride share when you can. Adjust your thermostat to be more efficient. As I look around I see a lot of us (me included) eat more than we need. Save money by better meal planning. Turn lights off when not needed.
The list goes on and on. Google can help. Choosing lifestyle changes can make big differences. Life choices can save big money and have an impact on global warming, like choosing to have smaller families. Smaller carbon footprint and more money for each person's needs.
Your turn to see what you can come up with to help, even in small ways.
Well these are all choices that any person conscious of their spending will make, regardless of global warming and CO2. You know the people that don't make these choices? The elites that push climate agendas while flying in private jets to climate summits. That's who.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Well these are all choices that any person conscious of their spending will make, regardless of global warming and CO2. You know the people that don't make these choices? The elites that push climate agendas while flying in private jets to climate summits. That's who.
17 Famous Climate Change Celebrities Fighting Global Warming - TheRoundup

That sounds like Fox Speak.
Closed Thread

Tags
everglades, center, science, club, technology

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.