Where did the hurricanes go

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2022, 04:49 AM
Default Saharan Dust

If you read a little about this year’s weather you would know that the Saharan Dust Storm is what is keeping the tropical patterns from forming this year.
Old 08-26-2022, 05:42 AM
Platinum member
Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
don't jinx us.
agreed. Sounds like he misses them
Old 08-26-2022, 05:46 AM
Platinum member
Default Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbonivich View Post
if you read a little about this year’s weather you would know that the saharan dust storm is what is keeping the tropical patterns from forming this year.
every time i see an african animal documentary and i see the panting animals i envision the hurricanes that will be formed by the african heat
Old 08-26-2022, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
For the first time in 30 years -- no hurricanes at this date. It's amazing how well increasing CO2 has been decreasing tropical storm activity.
I think the people in the Midwest with flooding and west with drought would have a different opinion. You are talking weather not climate.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:16 AM

So you had to open your mouth Right!!!!!!!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 08-26-2022, 06:19 AM

November 30th is the END of hurricane season!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 08-26-2022, 06:27 AM
Veteran member

That is only a particle factor. The only reason the media mentions this is because to mention the other reasons blows a hole in the man-made global warming hoax. These reasons are periodically discussed in the Weather Club -- including unusually strong and broad trade winds -- which forced the ITCZ farther south where storms can't form because lack of Coriolis Force. This wind shift pattern change is being driven by a changing polar vortex which is giving Greenland record snowfalls. The ENSO and PDO are getting colder than forecast -- and the AMO is just starting to cool. Bottom line -- no one can forecast long term weather or climate because we barely understand what is going on now -- and CO2 is plant food.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:38 AM
Veteran member
Default Hurricanes

Quote:
For the first time in 30 years -- no hurricanes at this date. It's amazing how well increasing CO2 has been decreasing tropical storm activity.
Not CO2 it is the sands blowing off the Sahara lowering the moisture content of the air coming off the African coast. Affecting weather world wide.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:45 AM

Most people might say that you are inviting the "evil eye." The worst of the hurricane season is yet to come - the peak is somewhere around September 10th.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:50 AM
Veteran member

An "evil eye" has no scientific meaning. Data, however, does ... the data shows that the earth has been in a slow cooling trend for the past 6 years.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:54 AM
Veteran member

Everyone only knows to blame the dust because that's all the media will reveal -- including the Weather Channel. The big question is ... why so much dust for such a long time -- and I already mentioned the other factors involved. You always have to ask "why" something is happening -- and not just stop at the dust. Note, the "dust" did not push the ITCZ farther south and it does not affect the cooling ENSO and PDO cycles -- the SUN does that.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:07 AM

Historically most CAT 4-5 were I. September
Old 08-26-2022, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,380 Times in 2,400 Posts

Quote:
That is only a particle factor. The only reason the media mentions this is because to mention the other reasons blows a hole in the man-made global warming hoax. These reasons are periodically discussed in the Weather Club -- including unusually strong and broad trade winds -- which forced the ITCZ farther south where storms can't form because lack of Coriolis Force. This wind shift pattern change is being driven by a changing polar vortex which is giving Greenland record snowfalls. The ENSO and PDO are getting colder than forecast -- and the AMO is just starting to cool. Bottom line -- no one can forecast long term weather or climate because we barely understand what is going on now -- and CO2 is plant food.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Everyone only knows to blame the dust because that's all the media will reveal -- including the Weather Channel. The big question is ... why so much dust for such a long time -- and I already mentioned the other factors involved. You always have to ask "why" something is happening -- and not just stop at the dust. Note, the "dust" did not push the ITCZ farther south and it does not affect the cooling ENSO and PDO cycles -- the SUN does that.
What bugs me the most about this is the arrogance of our so called "Government Experts". I kept a newspaper article from a few months ago where they predicted an above average season. Then another article a few days ago where they tried to explain why there have been no hurricanes yet, but still going to be an above average season. They claim to be good at predicting seasonal weather, but why did they miss the prediction of the sandstorms along with sea temperature? Another example of government incompetent predictions and guidelines over the last few years. Why should anyone listen to anything the gov't "experts" say any longer? I worked for the feds for 30 years in a land management agency. Their decisions are rarely correct. Look at the huge wildfires now days. Totally a result of government bad predictions and decisions for 100 years.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

Climate change has been around since the earth was created. Remember the Ice Age when half of the northern hemisphere was covered in mile deep ice? I hardly think that man was responsible. It's only in today's world where the "experts" have their say in the media, that it's become politicized. The powers that be always need to give the masses something to fear, resulting in their demands for what they feel is "security". When I was a kid, it was always the nuclear holocaust hanging over our heads. Then it was insecticides and agricultural chemicals that was going to hurt us (remember Alar in the late 60's). Now it's 'climate change", previously termed "global warming". Al Gore is still around, putting the screws to us.
Closed Thread

Tags
hurricanes, storm, tropical, decreasing, co2

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.