Worst Climate Model Gets 2021 Nobel Prize

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2021, 06:26 AM
Veteran member
Default Worst Climate Model Gets 2021 Nobel Prize

Find out how Princeton University's Dr. Manabe got the Nobel Prize in Physics for creating the worst climate model ... at the Weather Club meeting on December 16 at 1:30 PM at the Bridgeport Rec. Center.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

Somebody's got an agenda here. Of course a speaker at the Villages Weather Club would have greater insight into the value of Manabe's contributions to science than the Nobel committee, Princeton University, and many other academic and scientific organizations. Manabe was a leader in understanding what factors to consider in global climate looking at factors that had not been used in earlier work. If you want to actually read his papers on climate modeling a simple google scholar search finds them.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-15 092815.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	91922  
Old 12-15-2021, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

What the climate models say they can do and what they actually do are two different things. If you look at the verification statistics, the Manabe model had the worst results ... in other words it is the hottest model and farthest from reality. The weather talk will explain how this happens. You'll also find out why the best climate model gets no media attention.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:42 AM
Veteran member

Why would the creator of the climate model with the worst verification statistics be most honored?
Old 12-16-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Why would the creator of the climate model with the worst verification statistics be most honored?
You are kidding, right? The Nobel Prize is an extremely biased political organization, do a little research and you should see this as fact for yourself.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Runner View Post
You are kidding, right? The Nobel Prize is an extremely biased political organization, do a little research and you should see this as fact for yourself.
I think you are preaching to the converted!
Old 12-16-2021, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Should be an interesting presentation and looking forward to hearing it.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Because his BS fits the agenda??? Look people, one rogue volcano and all this crap is out the window....ever heard of dinosaurs? Just saying, the Good man upstairs has this all worked out, lets give him a little credit. Done good so far....
Old 12-16-2021, 10:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
Because his BS fits the agenda??? Look people, one rogue volcano and all this crap is out the window....ever heard of dinosaurs? Just saying, the Good man upstairs has this all worked out, lets give him a little credit. Done good so far....
Is that the same Good man who sent the tornadoes to Kentucky? Is that the same Good man who sent us small pox and war and starvation and the Shoah? Is that the same Good man who kills children in their schools? Funny how you count on the Good man to have it all worked out when it isn't working out so well for so many people. Hey, I'll send you thoughts and prayers if it helps hurt any feelings I may have injured.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

That the same Nobel bunch that awarded Barack Obama the Nobel Peace Prize based on what he MIGHT do?
Old 12-16-2021, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Find out how Princeton University's Dr. Manabe got the Nobel Prize in Physics for creating the worst climate model ... at the Weather Club meeting on December 16 at 1:30 PM at the Bridgeport Rec. Center.
I'll try again as you don't seem to understand from my earlier post. I'm sure it is my fault for not being clearer. The Nobel Prize he received was NOT for creating the most accurate climate model. The Prize was for creating the IDEA of a climate model that took into consideration so many factors that no one had ever thought to use and combine.

If there were a prize for automobile design you would criticize Henry Ford because his design was not nearly as good as ones that followed. If there were a prize for printing you'd hate that Guttenberg got it as his press is garbage compared to what followed.

Manabe's climate modeling was revolutionary. It completely changed what was possible in the field and all later climatologists have built upon his pioneering work. That is why he was given the prize. So if you want to attack him because his 1960's model lacked the sophistication of later work, go ahead. Dr Manabe changed science.

You can educate yourself on how much he contributed, and learn some about the man HERE
The Man Who Predicted Climate Change | The New Yorker
Old 12-16-2021, 11:04 AM
Veteran member

It doesn't matter how or when he created his modeling technique ... but it does matter that his latest IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) model has the worst verification statistics -- something the media refuses to acknowledge.
Old 12-16-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Is that the same Good man who sent the tornadoes to Kentucky? Is that the same Good man who sent us small pox and war and starvation and the Shoah? Is that the same Good man who kills children in their schools? Funny how you count on the Good man to have it all worked out when it isn't working out so well for so many people. Hey, I'll send you thoughts and prayers if it helps hurt any feelings I may have injured.

OMG, you are a hoot.....God Bless.....(sure that will **** you off, to be blessed by the big guy upstairs).....I hate to break this to you, but people have been born, lived and died since the beginning of time...and will continue to do so, only from different stuff. Maybe COVID, maybe cancer, maybe some idiot in a golfcart driving home drunk on the multi modal pathway, but it crap happens and we all check into and out of this world on HIS schedule. Feel free to believe whatever floats your boat, but this is a FACT JACK!

Last edited by Koapaka; 12-16-2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Went to the presentation today and found it very interesting. Will do some reading to learn more.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I'll try again as you don't seem to understand from my earlier post. I'm sure it is my fault for not being clearer. The Nobel Prize he received was NOT for creating the most accurate climate model. The Prize was for creating the IDEA of a climate model that took into consideration so many factors that no one had ever thought to use and combine.

If there were a prize for automobile design you would criticize Henry Ford because his design was not nearly as good as ones that followed. If there were a prize for printing you'd hate that Guttenberg got it as his press is garbage compared to what followed.

Manabe's climate modeling was revolutionary. It completely changed what was possible in the field and all later climatologists have built upon his pioneering work. That is why he was given the prize. So if you want to attack him because his 1960's model lacked the sophistication of later work, go ahead. Dr Manabe changed science.

You can educate yourself on how much he contributed, and learn some about the man HERE
The Man Who Predicted Climate Change | The New Yorker
Sorry, but giving a Nobel Prize for work on the bogus premise of climate change (due to man's activity) is like giving an engineering award to the designers of Chernobyl
Closed Thread

Tags
prize, climate, worst, nobel, model

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.